Gransnet forums

Chat

I want one!

(30 Posts)
NonnaW Thu 07-Jun-18 21:47:06

Just watching (sort of) programme on C5 about Cadbury’s chocolate. They mentioned the Flake advert and now I want one!

DanniRae Sun 17-Jun-18 08:29:38

I am overweight and only eat chocolate in moderation - my sister-in-law eats it by the bucket load and is a size 10. Is this fair? (Must add that she runs miles and miles every day and does the occasional marathons!) grin

Baggs Sun 17-Jun-18 08:16:40

Cadbury's is also better than Thornton's.

Baggs Sun 17-Jun-18 08:16:03

Compared with Hershey's, which really are what Americans call them—candy bars, Cadbury's is fab. I keep a stash in a shoe box.

Minibaggs and I had a conversation about what qualifies one, apart form age obv, to be a teenage female: if you haven't eaten cooking chocolate off the top shelf of your mum's baking cupboard by the time you're fifteen, you don't qualify.

harrigran Sun 17-Jun-18 07:36:23

I don't consider Cadburys to be real chocolate, more a chocolate flavoured confection.

Willow500 Sun 17-Jun-18 07:35:33

I am the worlds worst chocoholic - even when I lost my sense of smell and taste 7 years ago it didn't stop it which just goes to show there must be some chemicals in chocolate that's addictive! I do find if I don't have any in I crave it more so have a box in the cupboard with the stuff I can take or leave and that means I don't always eat it every day. If I start I can't stop till the box/bar whatever has gone.

Also like crisps but only the plain Kettle ones - I have to buy the pack with 5 small packets in it otherwise I can't stop with the big bags. Just a glutton at heart grin

DanniRae Sun 17-Jun-18 07:25:24

Oh NfkD that's so thoughtful of you.......sharing your experience of eating every bit of a Cadburys flake........don't feel at all bad that you have made me long for one too........and I shall be out to the sweet shop as soon as I can......my diet ruined for yet another day..........!! winkgrin

NfkDumpling Sun 17-Jun-18 05:27:26

Just thought you’d all like to know that yesterday, just to keep DGS company while he scoffed all his M&Ms you understand, I had, and slowly consumed, A Cadburys Flake - including catching all the flakey bits and dabbing them up with a licked finger. I haven’t had one in years. And it was wonderful! blush

annep Sat 16-Jun-18 23:16:52

I usually stick to my 1-2 squares of 90% cocoa. ( have high sugar reading). But occasionally a few giant chocolate buttons are a treat.

DanniRae Fri 15-Jun-18 15:06:29

Well I like a chocolate or two OW70 as well, so if you don't want the ones in your fridge............and you are passing I'll take them off your hands grin

Oldwoman70 Fri 15-Jun-18 14:50:37

DanniRae I am with you on crisps! What is it about them that makes you want another packet as soon as you finish one? Chocolate I can take or leave. I actually threw away a box of chocolates that had been in the fridge since the Christmas before last (which has now been replaced by a box of chocolates given to me last Christmas and will no doubt suffer the same fate unless I can persuade a friend who is due to visit me next week to take them off my hands!)

DanniRae Fri 15-Jun-18 14:42:16

Yep pensionpat that's how eat a cruchie - it's the only way! But I haven't had one in ages...........but I feel like eating one NOW! Must resist..........must resist!!! shock

pensionpat Fri 15-Jun-18 13:09:54

Will anyone else admit to eating a Crunchie by putting their tongue in and letting the honeycomb melt?

Synonymous Fri 15-Jun-18 13:02:02

If you can just have a square or two of the rich, dark, special and expensive stuff it isn't fattening at all but it is when you can't stop at that! grin sad hmm

watermeadow Fri 08-Jun-18 15:52:18

I adore chocolate and if it’s in the house I can’t leave it alone, so I never buy it.
But my daughter works for Cadbury (taken over by evil Mondaleez) and whenever she visits she brings a carrier bagful from the Bourneville shop. This is shared among her 3 fat sisters and fat mum. She doesn’t like sweet things and is the only slim one.
This scientific trial shows definitively that chocolate is fattening!

NonnaW Fri 08-Jun-18 13:43:35

Oops, sorry if I’ve passed the chocolate urge on. Dare I say by this morning the urge had left me?

DanniRae Fri 08-Jun-18 11:13:06

You sound like an expert gillybob??
It's crisps I can't resist - when my husband is out on a Wednesday evening I always have a packet and as soon as I have finished them a thought comes into my head "Have another packet Danni. Those packets are so small, have another one," and I do!! (I only do this when he is out because he knows I am trying to loose weight and although he dare not say something I know he will give me 'the look'.)
hmm

gillybob Fri 08-Jun-18 10:52:12

The secret lenongrove is to catch the bits in the wrapper then lick your finger and scoop the bits up ! smile

lemongrove Fri 08-Jun-18 10:32:20

Flakes are very nice but bits go all over the place!

GrannyGravy13 Fri 08-Jun-18 10:30:11

Oh if only Anniebach, I am currently on sofa with my poorly leg elivated, supposedly doing an online grocery shop. Now having dipped into gn I shall have to add chocolate which is odd as under normal circumstances I am not a chocolate fan. The minute I feel poorly (except migraine) I have the urge for chocolate ? and as I cannot exercise for at least 6 weeks chocolate ? or any excess calories are not needed!!!

Anniebach Fri 08-Jun-18 10:06:46

The advantages of having milk delivered and grocery shopping on line , no temptations ?

seacliff Fri 08-Jun-18 10:04:38

this thread should have a warning in the title, ie chocolate AVOID

I have just eaten my healthy greek yoghurt blueberries strawberries grapes and museli - it was lovely.

Chocolate - Yuk!! (trying the Paul McKenna hypnosis trick)

gillybob Fri 08-Jun-18 10:01:42

Now I’ve opened this thread , I want one too ! Thanks a bunch NonnaW . Off to the corner shop in a minute .......well we need milk for work .....hmm

Teetime Fri 08-Jun-18 09:56:25

Love that springychicken. smile

SpringyChicken Thu 07-Jun-18 22:33:11

Hmmm, I'm keeping an eye on you...

NonnaW Thu 07-Jun-18 22:24:53

Don’t worry SP, I’m in my pyjamas and the local shop has closed now anyway. I’m saved from myself (for now ......)