Gransnet forums

Chat

Gloomy thought <sigh>

(15 Posts)
Katek Tue 19-Jun-18 11:09:51

Do you realise that after Thursday the days will start to become shorter? The C****** thread reminded me

Hmph.

Anniebach Tue 19-Jun-18 11:13:25

Thanks for this cheery thought , it doesn’t remind me of C, just winter and that vile white stuff on the ground.

Katek Tue 19-Jun-18 11:19:04

It’s depressing isn’t it? It’s still light up here until almost 11, I do enjoy that. Ho hum, must make good use of the next few months.

M0nica Tue 19-Jun-18 11:51:33

I always look forward to Autumn and winter, long nights, dark evenings and curled up in a chair with a book.

I hate these long light evenings, that mess with my sleep.

Luckygirl Tue 19-Jun-18 11:53:24

Well thanks for that reminder!!

I do not dislike warm evenings round the woodburner, but take great delight in the light evenings and love sitting out with a book - I find it lifts the spirits.

MawBroon Tue 19-Jun-18 11:54:35

Thanks a bunch katek !! never mind, the sun will be over the yardarm that bit sooner winewine

Panache Tue 19-Jun-18 11:59:11

Come on Gransnet folk.................let us fill our glasses to overflowing............... for although we may have reached that half way point...........we still have high summer and many hazy, lazy days to look forward to.........followed by the wondrous colourful delights of autumn........before hitting the colder bleaker winter, which again has a host of pleasures to offer, if you count those armchairs by a lovely fireside,those cosy dark evenings when you can enjoy going to bed, tucking under that cosy duvet.............without even considering the many joys of Christmas.

So please let us count all our many blessings..........and fully embrace today .................and every other day we are alive and breathing in fresh air!!!!

Life is far too short for anything else!!

Katek Tue 19-Jun-18 12:12:16

Right girls-time for an uplifting sing-a-long!! Who’s with me.....?!

youtu.be/KahOD-93D7U

Marthjolly1 Tue 19-Jun-18 12:18:21

Absolutely Panache. Lets not have any talk down. Although up here it has been pretty dull and cold for a few days it is still summer and will be for at least another good few weeks. The sun will shine again very soon to be enjoyed in the garden. Lovely walks, on the golf course, days out with grandchildren etc. Even an occasional BBQ. A very long way yet from cosy nights in.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 19-Jun-18 12:23:05

Totally agree with you Panache, us Grannys need to enjoy and embrace every day, never know what tomorrow will bring.

sodapop Tue 19-Jun-18 12:42:43

Me too MOnica glad to see the back of hot weather.

Yes we should enjoy it all, you are right Panache
( just not too hot please ) ?

Maybelle Tue 19-Jun-18 12:46:33

Like many others I enjoy Summer, but I love Autumn and quite like Winter, well the snuggly warm part with lots of warm stews and hot puddings...
Solstice just reminds me to enjoy the warm days whilst they last.

Katek Tue 19-Jun-18 12:53:17

Mmm......pudding....

Teetime Tue 19-Jun-18 13:27:13

I can never escape knowing about it as its DHs birthday the next day. However two more full months of summer to go and lots of golf for me and holiday with family still to come so I'm happy(ish) grin

sunseeker Tue 19-Jun-18 13:29:01

Thanks Katek I have to move before the winter so this has given me a much needed kick up the bum to get myself sorted!