Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(23 Posts)
12Michael Thu 28-Jun-18 06:19:44

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another grey sky start with some breeze here in South Northants.
Expecting the same as yesterday to be another balmy day, off out will have water with me as well.
Mick

NfkDumpling Thu 28-Jun-18 06:26:02

Morning Mick, morning All

The sea mist which has come in every night to cool us down here is showing signs of burning off already so I suspect we may have a hot day in store.

We went strawberry picking yesterday and one batch of jam is sitting on the window sill. Two more to go. Then we’re collecting DGD2 after school for a Brownie trip to Redwings which is very near us. It was good to be asked as the other grans usually have first dibs.

harrigran Thu 28-Jun-18 06:28:19

Good morning Michael and all that follow. Misty start this morning but it will probably burn back as it did yesterday.
DH is taking my sister to the airport as she is returning to her home abroad. My friend is going to visit and keep me company until DH returns.

kittylester Thu 28-Jun-18 06:34:39

Morning all from a warm North Leicestershire.

We had a shocking awakening around 4am when the mother of the new kittens came into our bedroom and did a very large, very smelly poo in the wardrobe - luckily on DH'S side!

The day can only better!

Marydoll Thu 28-Jun-18 06:42:12

Good morning Mick and, all the early risers. It's unbearable here in Glasgow already.
We have DGD today, so it will be the paddling pool in the garden and taking it easy.
Enjoy your day everyone.

ninathenana Thu 28-Jun-18 07:15:16

Morning everyone.

Grey and overcast in N Kent as it was yesterday. It didn't clear until about 1 pm. I hope it doesn't take that long today.
Shopping for paint for the spare room and lunch out today.
Enjoy your days.
kitty sorry but that made me grin bad kitty

ninathenana Thu 28-Jun-18 07:16:26

kitty cat that is grin

ginny Thu 28-Jun-18 07:24:34

Good morning all. Cool and overcast in N. Bucks at the moment but is forecast to be warm and sunny.
DGS2 with us today so probably a trip to the park and water splash. Dinner with DDs 2 & 3 this evening.

Pittcity Thu 28-Jun-18 07:28:23

Good morning from an overcast Colchester. The sky cleared completely by 11am yesterday and we had strong sunshine with a cooling breeze...hoping for more of the same today. Wish the pollen count would drop though.
DD2 and DGS2 visiting today.

Greyduster Thu 28-Jun-18 07:30:15

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Light cloud this morning in South Yorkshire. I expect it will be hot later. I have some domestic stuff to do today and then to meet GS from his second transition day at his new secondary school. So far so good - he likes it! kitty that is definitely not a good way to start the day!! Have a good one, folks!

cornergran Thu 28-Jun-18 07:46:53

Morning All. Blue skies over our corner of Somerset. Slow start today, nothing to rush for. Blimey kitty, for once I’m pleased Mr C is allergic to cats grin. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone,

MawBroon Thu 28-Jun-18 07:47:48

Good morning everybody, bit of a late start for me!
As Ginny says, cooler and overcast here in N Bucks but I expect it will clear and warm up when the sun breaks through like it did yesterday.
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

Panache Thu 28-Jun-18 07:49:23

Good Morning ........................and oh! that I could only add we too had just a mere break from this relenting sun!!!
I enjoyed every second of it when younger but now it really is torture,and these sleepless nights with a fan on is not exactly my friend!!
It was nudging on 30% here yesterday afternoon.

However our tourists are certainly having good value and the seaside really is the only place to be!

Not nice for you Kitty but thanks for my first smile of the day...hope there are no repeats!!

Hoping you all enjoy a pleasant day with nothing too strenuous on your agenda!

Yiayia4 Thu 28-Jun-18 07:55:44

Morning all a bit grey here at the moment.Number 2 DS and DIL going home today after staying with us for a few days,been hectic but nice having them.Number 3 DS doing well after his op.Started a summer cold so quiet day planned.Naughty mummy cat Kittylester!

Gagagran Thu 28-Jun-18 07:56:52

Morning everyone!

We are back from our usual early morning trip to the supermarket and it was surprisingly quiet. It's another sunny an already warm/hot day here on the south coast.

I shall definitely need a siesta today as I could not get to sleep last night after a hard working choir rehearsal. My brain was buzzing and I kept waking up when I did finally drop off. Up before 5am. Insomnia.com. grin

Hope the day is a good one for everybody.

Anniebach Thu 28-Jun-18 08:12:53

Good morning all x

NanKate Thu 28-Jun-18 08:13:48

Good morning Mick and All.

Warming up at our lovely little riverside cabin on the Kennet Canal. What a lovely find, we are surrounded by fields, ducks, lots of wild life.

Off to Marlborough today. Was last there with my dear Dad many years ago, I think we went to the Polly Tea Rooms which is still there. I’ve looked on Tripadvisor and they recommend the cafe in the local church for lunch, so that’s where we are heading.

Kitty I think you need to get back to basics with Mummy Puss and do some potty training. ?

Rufus2 Thu 28-Jun-18 08:21:34

Good Evening Mick and Everyone;
Cold, foggy to start with then, 2C to 10C. Sun hiding from us all day. Miserable! sad
Kept awake half the night with very painful shin. Gave me gyp! When I sought sympathy at our morning computer class I was surprised nobody knew what the term meant. Pleased I was able to teach them something, for a change. grin
Rest of morning spent convivially at our monthly free pub lunch with "Oldies" Group, courtesy of our Home Care organisers. wine
To end the day on a high, plumber actually arrived 30 mins. early to repair bathroom shower. How about that?
Good Health

HAZBEEN Thu 28-Jun-18 08:39:31

Good morning everyone.
Its cloudy here in Surrey, so nice and cool but no doubt the sun will break through later.
Off to Staines this morning for a GN meetup, hope to see a few people there!

Brunette10 Thu 28-Jun-18 08:57:53

Good Morning to all, beautiful skies here today in North East Fife. Sat out in the garden last night until 9.30 it was just gorgeous. May this beautiful weather last. Have a great day!

annodomini Thu 28-Jun-18 09:28:35

A very good morning to all. Lovely summer day again. Our book group met last night in our hostess's garden - idyllic.

Mapleleaf Thu 28-Jun-18 09:46:37

Morning all,
It's another hot day here.
That must have been lovely, annodomini.
Oh, dear, kitty - a rude awakening! You'll have to lock your wardrobe now. ?
Hope you all have a lovely day.

JustALaugh Thu 28-Jun-18 10:44:37

It's sunny and warm in Nottingham. I've hoovered, polished and mopped. My friend has been around for a cuppa. I'm meeting another friend for lunch, then doing a bit of shopping. Not much tonight, but a nice glass or 3 of wine.