Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(24 Posts)
12Michael Fri 29-Jun-18 06:19:29

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another grey start here in Brackley this morning , usual shop etc today, yesterday with it clouding around lunchtime I thought it was going to break ,and expected thunderstorms.
Mick

Gagagran Fri 29-Jun-18 06:29:14

Morning Mick and everyone!

There's a bit of haze around here on the south coast but the sun is already burning it off and another hot and sunny day is in store. I would be pleased to have a good, heavy, (overnight) shower though to give the garden a much needed drink!

Our youngest DGC is 13 today so we are going out for pizza this evening to celebrate. He is now taller than me, much to his delight and still the sweet, lovely boy he has always been. Feel blessed to have him. smile

Have a good day folks. sunshine

kittylester Fri 29-Jun-18 06:29:31

Good morning Mick, morning all.

It's a little overcast in North Leicestershire but the forecast is for more of the same. I'm manning an Alzheimer's society stall at a local Tesco store this morning - hopefully inside!

kittylester Fri 29-Jun-18 06:30:51

Morning gaga, enjoy your pizza and congratulations to the teenager!

kittylester Fri 29-Jun-18 06:36:58

You've reminded me that DGD1 is 9 3/4 today and is having a Harry Potter party! She is very excited! DD1 is very stressed.

aggie Fri 29-Jun-18 06:54:04

Good Morning all , it is boiling hot here already , I am gong to a quiz tonight . It is a fund raiser for our bowls club. Haven't been bowling for a while but maybe this will get me back to it

Greyduster Fri 29-Jun-18 07:02:50

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Overcast here in South Yorkshire, but set to be another warm one. Cooking lunch for a friend today. We haven’t seen each other in a while, so plenty to talk about. Have a good day, folks!

Yiayia4 Fri 29-Jun-18 07:04:17

Morning all looks like another hot day here in Surrey.
Have 3 DGSs for tea today will be hectic! Have a good Friday stay cool everyone.

mumofmadboys Fri 29-Jun-18 07:07:29

Hot here already in Cumbria. Breast screening this morning and going to a BBQ this evening. Have a goodvday everyone!

ginny Fri 29-Jun-18 07:27:01

Good morning. Not brightened up in N. Bucks yet but due to do so.
SW this morning and then we have DGS for a while .

MawBroon Fri 29-Jun-18 07:35:37

Good morning everybody!
As Mick, ginny have said, a grey start here in N Bucks, but due to clear later I believe.
Taking friends shopping in Waitrose and then.....don’t know 🤔
Have a pleasant day!

Panache Fri 29-Jun-18 07:36:21

A Hot Good Morning to you all.

Hot is the word and with no let up,little sleep I am certainly fit for the scrap heap! Looks as if we are in for yet some more scorching days.

Not looking forward to today`s viewing of a 2 bed flat in a Sheltered complex, but have to realise this is probably our best option knowing how our situation is.............but my heart is kicking up a storm!!

I hope you all manage and even enjoy whatever you have planned and avoid roasting!!

Oopsadaisy53 Fri 29-Jun-18 07:40:32

Good morning from sunny Sidmouth, our room overlooks the bay and the sea, so I’m a very happy bunny.

Off to Falmouth today to ‘babysit’ GCs for the weekend.
Happy days.

Marydoll Fri 29-Jun-18 07:42:21

Good morning from Glasgow. It's been unbearable during the night. When I was wandering about at 2am, I looked out and realised my neighbours were doing the same thing.
Supermarket this morning and then helping a friend with an IT problem.
I would rather be sitting in a cool dark room.
Good luck Panache.

Nelliemoser Fri 29-Jun-18 08:06:27

Good morning All. Still cloudless blue sky in Cheshire.
I have found that the night times are not as unbearably hot as they sometimes are. No clouds and the air cools down more quickly at night. But it is still far too hot in the day times.

Pittcity Fri 29-Jun-18 08:09:33

Good morning from a sunny Colchester. It makes such a change for this to be the coolest part of the country. Although the sun has been strong we have had a cooling breeze and needed to put our cardis on in the evenings. The garden really needs rain though and we have been asked to put our hosepipes away.
It always rains during Wimbledon fortnight doesn't it?

Anniebach Fri 29-Jun-18 08:25:35

Good morning all x

Mapleleaf Fri 29-Jun-18 08:30:57

Good morning,
It's a beautiful morning now in South Yorkshire. The mist has gone and at the moment we have a cloudless, blue sky. Another hot day in store, I think.
Just seen a squirrel sauntering about in the courtyard until a couple of birds dive bombed it. Didn't seem fazed by that, though and strolled over to our garden, climbed up onto the birdbath, had a drink and then jumped into the magnolia tree.
Good luck, today panache. 💐
Hope everyone has a good day today.🙂

NfkDumpling Fri 29-Jun-18 08:37:43

Morning All

Despite the forecast that it would be overcast in the east until lunchtime at least, we have blue sky and fluffy clouds here in Norfolk already. Just enough of a fresh breeze to make it pleasant too. Perfect!

The plasterer is back today to skim the kitchen and back lobby ceilings. The house is in chaos. Still it means I can’t do much, just sit and enjoy the sun!

I hope the flat is more than expected Panache and is doable for you. Fingers crossed.

Brunette10 Fri 29-Jun-18 08:44:30

Morning everyone, dull a tad cooler here in North East Fife today BUT I'm hoping the sun will beak through and it will be as lovely as yesterday. Have a wonderful day to you all.

harrigran Fri 29-Jun-18 09:01:17

Good morning from a sunny NE.
Have discovered two sets of puncture marks with bruising on my thigh and am wondering if I have been bitten, each bite is a double mark like fangs shock

ninathenana Fri 29-Jun-18 09:14:54

Morning everyone.
A few fluffy clouds around in Kent and already warm.
Food shopping this morning. Then I need to tackle DD "stuff" that's still in spare room, as we bought paint yesterday to redecorate.

Greyduster Fri 29-Jun-18 09:42:26

Harri spider bites leave double puncture marks. Could it be a spider 😱?

Rufus2 Fri 29-Jun-18 10:17:05

Good Morning Nick and all Sun lovers.
Even colder here; 2C to an 8C "high" (felt like 2 all day).
Unexciting day; mostly spent indoors of course, apart from visit to doc. for advice on my "gyppy" shin; he's given up offering me the free 'flu shot which I've always knocked back Then off to the path. lab leeches for routine Warfarin blood-letting!
Life gets tedious at times. sad
Good Health and Warm Greetings.