Gransnet forums

Chat

Good morning Friday.

(24 Posts)
jacq10 Fri 13-Jul-18 09:22:39

Morning! I'm about to go on first wee break with DH since he has gone into wheelchair along with 9yr old DGS. Getting a bit anxious (understatement!!) - have organised everything for train journey, taxi, etc and DD meeting us at other end but I'm still worried. Weather not as good as forecast so wondering if I should re-pack. DH still in bed and I have been up since six and have all morning to myself.

Brunette10 Fri 13-Jul-18 09:04:28

Morning all, hope cloudy here in NE Fife today, you get used to the sun so missing it a bit. Glad all went well yesterday Marydoll with DGD, I'm surprised it was so quiet at the beach. Never mind they were maybe all queuing to get a "bear". Have fun today with her, you will be exhausted tonight! Hope builders are making a good job. have a good day all.

Mapleleaf Fri 13-Jul-18 09:00:56

Good morning,
It’s grey and overcast at the moment, but still warm. We may get some thunderstorms later, but as always with storms, the exact location isn’t precise. It feels as if we might, though.
Belated birthday greetings, annsixty. Yes, I think when we do eventually get a downpour, we’ll all be, like you, pretty excited ( as long as it doesn’t mean floods). We had a very brief shower a couple of days ago (not enough to be of any use) and the ground smelled lovely.
Enjoy your Friday. ?

Greyduster Fri 13-Jul-18 08:42:31

Good morning, NanKate and all GNs. I am not a late riser, but we have only just got our internet connection back! I think we must have had some rain overnight, but not enough to make a difference. We have a quiet day today, with a possible trip out to buy some tiles. Exciting hmm. Have a good day, folks.

Sar53 Fri 13-Jul-18 08:38:59

Good morning everyone from a grey Essex by the sea. One of OH's DGS is starting school in September so its his leaving 'do' at nursery later. Hopefully watch some tennis this afternoon. Belated birthday wishes to Ann for yesterday. Have a good day everyone.

Auntieflo Fri 13-Jul-18 08:22:56

Good morning all you early starters. It is a bit overcast here also. Nothing much planned for today, except to try and get a new prescription from the Dr. as we go away on Monday, and I will need more meds. Oh but it is good to be back home. Panache, good luck with your viewing and belated Happy Birthday to annsixty.

harrigran Fri 13-Jul-18 08:19:08

Good morning, yet another overcast morning in the NE.
Taking GD home this evening, rest of weekend will be spent washing, ironing and housework and replenishing the fridge and cupboards.

Anniebach Fri 13-Jul-18 08:15:29

Good morning all x

Panache Fri 13-Jul-18 07:54:34

Morning to you all............and yes still sunshine with little signs of this Hurricane and rain..........yet!

Another viewing lined up today,changing tack and viewing a Victorian town house, which is the right size,courtyard only and on level ground to all needful amenities.

Have yourselves a great day doing those things you most enjoy.

ninathenana Fri 13-Jul-18 07:52:15

Morning everyone.

Grey start again in Kent. I wonder if we will see the sun before lunch time.
DD coming this afternoon for a catch up.
Have a good day everyone.

NannyJan53 Fri 13-Jul-18 07:48:32

Good Morning from a dull and cooler Black Country

Was away in Rhodes for nearly 3 weeks, came home and it was as hot here !

It is eldest DGD's 14th birthday today, it doesn't seem that long since I was that age, and dreaming of Davy Jones grin

Have a lovely day all.

Pittcity Fri 13-Jul-18 07:48:22

Good morning from an overcast Colchester. It keeps threatening rain and then doesn't....
The heat will be back for the weekend.
Planning and shopping for family bbq here tomorrow.

aggie Fri 13-Jul-18 07:28:31

Morning all from a damp Co Wicklow . Walked miles round a garden yesterday and , boy , do I know it this morning , some idiot has been up slamming doors since 6 am , going down to breakfast. Have a good day everyone xxx

MawBroon Fri 13-Jul-18 07:19:42

I warned Mick I’d be rubbish at this!
Good morning early risers from an overleeper in N Bucks!
I expect it’s going to be sunny again - oh how we will miss this once the rains come!
Wishing you all a lovely day.

Yiayia4 Fri 13-Jul-18 07:16:56

Good morning all,an early start to a sad day,it's our dear neighbour's funeral today,she was a lovely lady and a good friend I miss her very much.
On a lighter note we have our 3 GSs for tea that will keep me busy later! Have a good day everyone.

ginny Fri 13-Jul-18 07:08:07

Good morning from an overcast N. Bucks. The sun is having a lie in today.
SW and haircut this morning. Food shopping this afternoon. DH will be collecting the caravan ready to load up for next week.
Glad you had a good birthday annsixty.

Marydoll Fri 13-Jul-18 06:55:47

Good morning to all the other early birds, who posted while I dozed over my tablet.?

Marydoll Fri 13-Jul-18 06:54:28

Good morning Nan. ? I have been waiting to post after a sleepless night. I wondered where everyone was. ??I thought my day at the seaside with DGD would have resulted in a restful night, but no joy. As my old mum would say:" I'm like a half shut knife".
The sun is trying to poke through here.
I'm still cleaning up the trail of sand throughout the house. It was strange, there were only four families on the beach, ?despite it being a beautiful day.
We have DGD again today, I don't think I will survive.
l hope you are enjoying your break, * Nan*.

kittylester Fri 13-Jul-18 06:53:56

Morning Kate, morning all.

It's bright and breezy in North Leicestershire. More pleasant for me but we could still do with a downpour.

Lunch out with DD1 -a rare treat to have her on her own for a good catchup without the children.

annsixty Fri 13-Jul-18 06:53:24

Good morning all.
I have been awake for ages after the "excitement " of my birthday.
It started raining here about 8pm and it was lovely.
Everywhere looks damp today but still warm.
The grass which looked like straw is now a peculiar tan colour, it looks very odd.
Have a good day everyone.

Gagagran Fri 13-Jul-18 06:53:13

Morning Kate and everyone.

I wondered that too Kate - maybe he is travelling back today?

It's cooler and cloudier here on the south coast and much more to my liking. Don't cope well with heat. Still no sign of rain though and my garden is gently shrivelling without it.

We need to prune the massive bay tree which has expanded upwards and outwards and is just too big for its allocated space so today may be the day.

Have a good day folks!

gillybob Fri 13-Jul-18 06:52:53

Good morning NanKate and all to follow.

A dull but warm start here in the NE coast . Forecast to brighten up later.

I’m so glad it’s Friday at last this has been a l...o....n....g week !

Enjoy your holiday NanKate Seeing the ponies roaming free sounds lovely.

Have a good Friday 13th everyone. Don’t walk under any ladders!

NanKate Fri 13-Jul-18 06:45:17

Moving to our second venue in the New Forest today. Just so lovely to see the ponies wandering freely around the area. Pleasantly warm.

Hope you have a good day folks.

NanKate Fri 13-Jul-18 06:42:34

Good morning Mick

When will you be back behind the helm Mick?