Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(23 Posts)
JustALaugh Thu 19-Jul-18 10:48:18

Morning all. It's sunny and warm in Nottingham. I've changed the beds, done 3 loads of washing, hoovered the car, (will the excitement never end?!)
Just watching 3 young crows, harassing the parent bird for food (they are more than capable of feeding independently, and I've put lots of food out for the birds). The parent is being chased by all 3!

NanKate Thu 19-Jul-18 10:01:04

Morning Mick and All

Another beautiful day in the New Forest, our last full day of the holidays. Off to Highcliffe where we will walk along to Mudeford and watch where our DS and now our DGSs go crabbing. All crabs returned to the sea afterwards and no hooks on the fishing line just food to entice them.

Have a good day folks.

Pittcity Thu 19-Jul-18 09:02:13

Good morning from a bright Colchester with the sun peeping through the high cloud. No rain here for 50 days!
It's been cooler so we've tidied the garden....had to start sweeping up dried leaves 2 months earlier than usual and no need for the lawn mower.

gillybob Thu 19-Jul-18 08:58:08

A busy start for me this morning but it seems to be another lovely day here on the NE coast . DH says he has a treat for me later and we are leaving work early hmm andconfused

Nana3 Thu 19-Jul-18 08:49:20

Good morning all, there was a very brief shower yesterday and hose pipe ban coming to Lancashire next week.
Out for a meal with group of friends this evening, organised by dh.
Best wishes nina. Have a good day everyone.

Retr0gran Thu 19-Jul-18 08:49:02

Blue sky and sunny here in northern Ireland, my brother is coming to visit later :-)

Anniebach Thu 19-Jul-18 08:42:11

Good morning all x My elder granddaughter graduates today , wish I could be there but will watch it on lap top.

ginny Thu 19-Jul-18 08:36:41

Good morning. Off for a boat trip today up the river Dart in sunny Devon.

Panache Thu 19-Jul-18 07:59:05

Good Morning to you all.

A lovely real summer`s day yesterday and looks as if it will be the same today,no scorching but sadly no rain for our wasteland that looks more desert like by the day!!

My P.C thankfully given a full 100% bill of health after a very too real scare of the Trojan virus etc yesterday.

Nina wishing you well for those beastly eye injections.

Hoping you enjoy your day whatever you are doing.

Gagagran Thu 19-Jul-18 07:53:11

Morning all from another lovely sunny day here on the south coast. Fresher feel to the day too which may help me waken up after a por night!

We started the "Hallelujah chorus! at choir last night, which will be the grand finale to our Christmas concert, and I could not get it out of my head. Not the most conducive piece to peaceful sleep!

So I was up at 5 and we went to do the weekly supermarket shop at 6 - lovely and quiet at that time. Hopefully a more restful day than yesterday and I might even have a few zzzz
later.

Have a good day folks!

Greyduster Thu 19-Jul-18 07:50:58

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. No breeze stirring the curtains and the sun is out so it will be another warm one. Domestics this morning. School run this afternoon. GS’s last day at his junior school tommorrow. End of an era. Have a good day folks.

Oopsadaisy53 Thu 19-Jul-18 07:45:02

Morning everyone, sunny here in Oxfordshire, down to the coast today to a surprise lunch for MIL and SIL , BIL might also be there along with Niece and now another BIL wants to come, sounds as though it’s going to be an expensive lunch, hope the restaurant can accommodate the extras.
Oh well, can’t take it with you I suppose!

Auntieflo Thu 19-Jul-18 07:36:50

Morning all from Wales. Off to the Brecon Beacons this morning, then a boat ride on the Monmouthshire and Brecon canal, with lunch. Look round a Cathedral this afternoon. Thought I would pop in, as WiFi is really iffy, but had a bit this morning. Have a good day all. Hope it doesn't rain, no wet weather gear with us. ?

NannyJan53 Thu 19-Jul-18 07:34:13

Good Morning all,

Dull here at the moment in the Black Country, but forecast to be very warm! I am off for a walk with U3A Walking Group this morning, so sunscreen and hat at the ready sunshine.

Tomorrow we are off camping for the weekend to the Upton on Severn Blues festival, so if anyone is going to be there, give me a shout!

Have a lovely day everyone.

harrigran Thu 19-Jul-18 07:31:00

Good morning, it is fairly bright here in the NE and looks as if it will be pleasant again.
Had a lovely evening to celebrate DIL's birthday and brought GD home with us for rest of the week.

cornergran Thu 19-Jul-18 06:51:40

Morning nina. Good luck with the eyes.

cornergran Thu 19-Jul-18 06:50:59

Morning mick, kitty, *marydoll and all who follow. Mix of cloud and blue sky over our corner of Somerset. Your builders are getting on marydoll, don’t envy you the dust. Safe trip kitty. Housework then physio here today, Grandparent detail this evening. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

ninathenana Thu 19-Jul-18 06:48:16

Morning Mick, kitty, Marydoll and everyone.
Hazy sunshine in Kent so far.
More eye injections this morning. They only take 10 mins but such a faff not being able to drive there or do much for the rest of the day.
Enjoy whatever your doing.

kittylester Thu 19-Jul-18 06:40:54

Morning Marydoll.

Marydoll Thu 19-Jul-18 06:33:11

Morning, Kitty, I knew you were up and about and would beat me to it, as I'm so slow.?

Marydoll Thu 19-Jul-18 06:32:17

Good morning Michael and all who follow.
A little cloudy here in Glasgow, I hope it perks up.
DH off to play golf and as usual, he has woken the whole street. ?
Off to get my blood check and then I may force myself to have a little therapy. Sadly our local pound shop is closing, but lots of bargains to be had. The problem is, I'm limited to what I carry.
I'm best out of the house, as this is the day the builders ?‍♀️will knock through the outside wall. ⚒️ ?

Have a lovely day , all.

kittylester Thu 19-Jul-18 06:31:08

Morning Mick, morning all!

It's quite sticky already in North Leicestershire. Up early to take DS1 for his botox injection and then normal Sainsbury's shop when we eventually get back.

12Michael Thu 19-Jul-18 06:22:56

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking dull outside, feels cooler as well here in Brackley.
Supposed to be weather changes over the next few days for some of us.
Mick