Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's friendly and welcoming kitchen.

(1001 Posts)
soop Fri 10-Aug-18 18:26:19

Here we are again
Happy as can be
All good friends and jolly good company.

Welcome. sunshine smile flowers cupcake wine brew

kittylester Sat 15-Sep-18 19:14:00

No one is going to begrudge hearing about your holiday ann, so do tell us about it when you are rested.

annsixty Sat 15-Sep-18 18:48:01

I am back but so sad the news in the kitchen isn't good.
I feel I must not go on about my holiday which I will just say was very relaxing and very luxurious.
morethan I don't know what to say except my prayers are with all your family.
soop look after yourself and do exactly what you are told.
I am so tired today so will catch up later.
Good wishes to all with problems, so hard to deal with.

NanaandGrampy Sat 15-Sep-18 18:10:28

Oh dear soop thank goodness Macs is there to look after you. Stay in bed and get well !

The cake is done.... I gave up in the end and made a printed collar for the outside lol but when you’ve just got a bearded dragon for your birthday ...... quite frankly who cares what your cake looks like !!

I’ll catch up with you all on Monday evening when we get back !

Synonymous Sat 15-Sep-18 17:03:30

Greyd that is a really happy birthday cake story, your GS sounds lovely and I hope your DH has enjoyed his birthday. He must feel like a time traveller if he has gone back to 57! smile

Synonymous Sat 15-Sep-18 16:56:26

So good to hear that MacSporran is on the case. Get well everyone and love and prayers to all! sunshineflowers

Mr MacGregor, our gardening friend, is here today and has picked several baskets of beautiful eating apples. (So glsd tbey are not cookers!) I am sitting looking at a wonderful bowl of what is probably the last bunch of roses picked for this year and the smell is beautiful and now he is cutting the grass, what a treasure he is. The best thing is that Himself is sitting with his feet raised and being very good! It has really helped for him to read what you lot have been saying and to explain the'leg of lamb' to him, best laugh he has had for ages. smile Thank you everyone! X

Galen Sat 15-Sep-18 16:32:29

soop and co be good and call the quack

mrshat Sat 15-Sep-18 15:31:50

Thinking a praying for all of you who have illness and worries at the moment sunshine and flowers

mrshat Sat 15-Sep-18 15:30:34

Morethan - I have no words ......... flowers and prayers

Jalima1108 Sat 15-Sep-18 14:50:53

Morethan I am so sorry to hear that flowers and hope you can all find the strength to support each other.

Get well soon soop and chin up McSporran

I don't call in often but best wishes to all especially those with such troubles at the moment.

Overthehills Sat 15-Sep-18 14:43:25

Take care Soop, get better soon. And thankyou McSporran for looking after her and keeping us in the loop - Soop’s loop! smile

Charleygirl Sat 15-Sep-18 14:41:28

No GrannyG it is not but we are not too fussed here!

GrannyGravy13 Sat 15-Sep-18 14:05:16

Sending you a virtual hug morethan????

Hope you are beginning to feel better soop ??????

Wishing all other kitchener's who are feeling poorly or who are troubled that things get better. (Hope that apostrophe is in the right place?).

Life can be so cruel sometimes, but hopefully we are all able to find some hidden inner strength to carry on.

KatyK Sat 15-Sep-18 14:01:26

Another lurker here. Sending all good wishes to those of you struggling with such awful things.

Eilyann70 Sat 15-Sep-18 13:35:30

Thank you so much MacS, look after both of you

Greyduster Sat 15-Sep-18 12:53:11

We have a young couple across the road from us and when they go away, we feed their koi carp. They have just had two weeks in Canada and she came over last night with a box of chocolates and a bar of ‘genuine wilderness soap’ which they picked up on one of their treks. The name of the soap is Raging Elk. She promised DH it will not turn me into one. DH told her she was too late! She told me that the one she gave to her mother was called Bears Breath!! I know her mother has a wonderful sense of humour, but I wonder if they are still speaking! I will report back when I have used it!

Charleygirl Sat 15-Sep-18 12:49:50

MacSporran please consider calling in the GP on Monday because this is not like soop at all.

kitty I am sure that Persie made a mistake the first time and she received full marks!

Doodle Sat 15-Sep-18 12:48:35

Dear MacSporran thank you so much for keeping us updated on soop and soop thank you for thinking of us when you're so poorly. I do hope you feel much better soon.
Please don't worry about the kitchen. You are the one who has set us all such a good example by being kind and thoughtful to others. The kitchen regulars and poppers-in, like me, will keep up the support and help for others while you are poorly. The kitchen may be a little sad at the moment due to all the poorly people and those with troubles and worries, but thank goodness you started it soop so that the stronger could support the weaker in their times of need and vice versa when times change.
My love and prayers for all going through tough times at the moment. ?

Greyduster Sat 15-Sep-18 12:35:00

You’re one in a million, MacS. Hugs for you both and look after yourselves.

kittylester Sat 15-Sep-18 12:09:59

A thank you from me too MacS - do take care of her and you too. flowersbrew

Looking forward to seeing the cake n&g......... Or even tasting it.cupcake

I wonder if Anne is back?

I did a very silly thing yesterday. I bought some frozen gf chocolate exclaims and then went out for lunch, leaving them in the car. Of course they thawed. So, last night dh and I had 2 exclaims each after dinner - well, it would have been a shame to waste them. blush

And, just in case you thought Persie got only 6 out of 10 for her spellings, she actually got 6 out of 6!! She is however prone to exaggeration!! grin

MawBroon Sat 15-Sep-18 11:47:38

Please send our love back McSporran and thank you for not only updating us, but more importantly, for looking after dear Soop and nursing her back to health.
(Chaining her to the bed if necessary)
Keep well, yourself too flowers

soop Sat 15-Sep-18 11:38:31

Here's a message from Mr Soop [aka MacSporran] on behalf of a rather poorly Mrs. Soop sends love to you all and looks forward to being able to catch up with all that has been going on. At the moment she is feeling tired and tender from coughing. I am doing my best to attend to her every need and will continue to do so until she is well enough to take up the reins. Meanwhile, I am here, and if the messages reach one thousand would somebody kindly open a new extension to the kitchen. Love to all,

Bellanonna Sat 15-Sep-18 09:39:24

Kitty that made me laugh! Sounds a bit like me!

NanaandGrampy Sat 15-Sep-18 09:32:14

Morning all !

I am so sorry to hear your sad news Morethan , sending you a hug and the strength to carry on being such a support for your family .

Sorry to hear you are still feeling so ill Soop you need to stay in bed and get better !!

Sad news from you too kitty .

Everyone seems to have such a lot to bear lately, hoping you all get through the darkest of nights back into the sunlight.

Synonymous I had lots of success with manuka honey when I had an episode spread over several months with thinning skin on the back of one calf ripping constantly. It was a messy old affair because I just put the honey on my leg and bandaged it up. Touch wood I haven't had any problems now for 3 or 4 years .

We are off down to the see the kids tomorrow for 2 days as it is young Stevie's birthday . I am currently decorating a cake in the style requested - Ill post a picture when its done. I fear the picture in my head will be a huge improvement to the actual thing !!

MawBroon Sat 15-Sep-18 09:24:54

Love it Kittylester!✔️✔️✔️
Love to all - joys and sorrows ?

Charleygirl Sat 15-Sep-18 09:09:59

kitty Persie did make me laugh! Her maths is on a par with mine I think- God help her.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion