Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(18 Posts)
12Michael Sun 12-Aug-18 06:27:35

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey and its been raining overnight here in Brackley today in the town, we have the annual motorcycle festival which attracts many from further afield.
Mick

ginny Sun 12-Aug-18 06:37:01

Good morning. Dull and grey here in N. Bucks.
DGS still sleeping so enjoying a cup of tea in the company of the dogs. The morning will be busy and then relax when he goes home after lunch.

kittylester Sun 12-Aug-18 06:52:36

Good morning Mick, ginny all!

It's raining in North Leicestershire as we discovered when a soggy moggy landed on our bed at 6 am!

We are currently watching Creepiest in bed and having a cup of tea! Out for lunch later.

Enjoy the motorcycle festival Mick.

Gagagran Sun 12-Aug-18 07:07:10

Good Morning Mick, ginny, kitty and everyone!

Not sure what the weather will do today but think the forecast includes more rain. The recent heatwave has confirmed that I am a northerner who prefers cold to heat!

Had a wonderful visit to Chichester Festival Theatre yesterday, with DD and DGD, to see Caroline Quentin and Matt Lucas in "Me and My Girl". Both were excellent as was the whole production and cast. Then we met up with the rest of the family and went out for tea. A super day.

Hope today is a good one for us all.

NfkDumpling Sun 12-Aug-18 07:20:46

Morning All

Clearing rain clouds letting a bit of almost-sun through in Norfolk.

Back home yesterday from returning two DGDs to their nest. They seem to have enjoyed their first time stay - except for Grandad telling them off!

Very quiet here today and hopefully the forecast will be right so we can get a sail in before the next belt of rain.

Marydoll Sun 12-Aug-18 07:40:09

Good morning Mick and all, it's pouring here in Glasgow.
I'm not complaining, as it might away wash some of the dust due to the building work. Everything is covered in a fine layer of dust.
DD is treating me to a visit to the cinema today, so looking forward to spending time with her, some lunch and a wee bit retail therapy. She hates shopping, but we will compromise.?
Have a relaxing Sunday everyone and enjoy the motor cycle festival Mick.

Panache Sun 12-Aug-18 07:55:21

`Morning from a very wet and bedraggled corner of Wales!!

It rained all da yesterday,heaved for part of the night and rained steadily for the remainder ..........poor campers indeed.
No plans to budge from home today.

Your Chichester trip sounded great Gagagran........a nice family get together after a good show.

Enjoy your escape from the dust to the cinema Marydoll...........you need it!

May you all enjoy a peaceful sunday

Brunette10 Sun 12-Aug-18 07:55:36

Good Morning everyone, it's dull and dismal in NE Fife today. Not raining at the moment but soon will be I fear. However not going to complain, we need the rain. Got busy day today with DH, DD and DGS. Many things to do. No rest for the wicked (smile). Enjoy your day whatever Sunday brings to you all.

cornergran Sun 12-Aug-18 08:10:35

Morning Mick, morning All. Steady rain in our corner of Somerset. Off to find some vegetables this morning, that’s about it for the day. Hope Sunday is kind to everyone.

Auntieflo Sun 12-Aug-18 08:16:21

Morning Mick, Annie and all. But of a grey day as yet, but it has been nice to have some rain. Kittylester, I loved your 'soggy moggy' wakening. Not much on today except to pack an overnight bag for my hospital visit tomorrow. Fingers crossed I am only a day case ( as opposed to a nut case).
Enjoy your Sunday one and all.

Anniebach Sun 12-Aug-18 08:32:55

Good motnjng Auntyflo and all x

Raining in Mid Wales, rained yesterday all day.

Bluebird still parked in the hall, still battling for council permission to have a scooter garage.

Auntyflo, tomorrow - prayers and love x

Marydoll, enjoy your day out x

Pittcity Sun 12-Aug-18 08:32:56

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Rain on and off. Ironing and packing for a few days away in Northumberland.

gillybob Sun 12-Aug-18 08:39:46

Good morning everyone. We couldn’t have picked a worse weekend to take a few days off work . The rain has never let up here on the Scottish Borders and it looks like it’s in for the day again today ☔️ . Really heavy too.

Hope it’s a better day wherever you are . Have a good Sunday .

Greyduster Sun 12-Aug-18 08:46:23

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Grey and wet in South Yorkshire. I was so tired yesterday I wanted to go to bed at seven but managed to hang on until nine then out like a light. Not like me at all. Family coming over for a curry lunch and GS staying the night and tomorrow, somcan’t afford any flagging energy levels! Pitt that’s a hell of a journey from where you are - enjoy it when you get there! Good luck tomorrow Auntieflo. Annie sorry you’re still stuck indoors!

12Michael Sun 12-Aug-18 09:01:14

just been looking at Marydolls report , will be watching the European men's road race on TV shortly , rain makes it interesting GB have 8 riders.
Mick

harrigran Sun 12-Aug-18 09:03:11

Good morning from a grey, damp NE.
I have family on holiday in Wales and in Scotland and fear they are all getting rained on.
DH and I are staying home today catching up with our TV viewing and the weekend papers.

NotAGran55 Sun 12-Aug-18 09:03:41

Good morning all from a grey Berkshire village .
I’m off to Oxford shortly to buy a sewing machine .
I was an avid seamstress back in the dark ages and have the urge to run up up a few things again . Inspired by a big weight loss I need to alter some favourite stuff too .

Mapleleaf Sun 12-Aug-18 11:09:00

Good morning,
Overcast and slightly breezy here at the moment. It has been raining through the night and we are due to get more today.
A lazy Sunday in store.
Hope you get that garage for your scooter, Annie
Enjoy your day, everyone.