Gransnet forums

Chat

Lovely day

(8 Posts)
KatyK Tue 14-Aug-18 18:05:47

How lovely. My 18 year old granddaughter came and picked me up last week and we went to the cinema. My DH met us afterwards and we all went for lunch. It was marvellous smile

cornergran Tue 14-Aug-18 17:56:21

We have one of ours this week. It’s so different and, dare I say it, so much better. Proper conversations, tailored activities, offers of help without nagging, some light retail therapy all stress free. Still tiring though but oh so much easier and yes, enjoyable.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 14-Aug-18 17:31:50

So refreshing to have a positive post Hildagard.

So lovely for you and your Granddaughter to have shared an afternoon shopping etc.

I spent the afternoon in a trampoline park with 2 hyper GC.

gillybob Tue 14-Aug-18 17:07:16

I rarely (in fact never) have one grandchild at a time I always tend to have at least 3 together which is really hard work .

gillybob Tue 14-Aug-18 17:05:43

Sounds like you’ve had a perfect day Hildagard a well deserved G&T too. smile

wot Tue 14-Aug-18 17:03:27

Sounds really nice!

Greenfinch Tue 14-Aug-18 17:03:23

That is just the sort of day I would enjoy Hildagard if my DGD were a little older. I am glad you enjoyed it so much. I think as a parent we usually had several children in tow but to be able to focus on one is a luxury.

Hildagard Tue 14-Aug-18 16:56:41

Have to just say that I have had a lovely day. Went to local large town with my eldest 15 year oldgranddaughter . We went into the local House of Fraser and she had a free makeup lesson from a very knowledgeable assistant, results stunning, she doesn’t normally do makeup. Then on to a mooch around shops, buying few bits of clothing and school bag. Why do we not have the patience when we are Mums to do this, as grandparents I/We have oodles of it. Only 4.45pm Home now G &T and happy exhaustion