Gransnet forums

Chat

childhood dreams

(5 Posts)
annep Thu 16-Aug-18 18:13:41

So happy for you lovingit. never give up on your dreams ?

lovingit Thu 16-Aug-18 15:59:01

nanabilly we do take our own horses and stay at a wonderful place run by an amazing woman and her mum.The food is delicious, all homemade by mum(she is 89!!),there is a hot tub (I had no aches even after riding for 7 hours)horses well catered for and routes well planned . Chris even takes videos for us.This is our second visit and for a horsey person it is heaven.
It was on our way back when looking out of the window I saw a girl looking at us in our big box and she reminded me of myself over 50 years ago wishing it was me in there...long wait but worth it.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 16-Aug-18 13:47:11

Well done lovingit.

My daughter has always had horses, and I have been known to ride them whilst she was at school/college/uni and I loved the feeling of freedom riding gives you.

Unfortunately the horse we have now is far too strong and big for me, and he knows I am a little bit wary of him, so I think my riding days are behind me.

Nanabilly Thu 16-Aug-18 13:19:51

How lovely for you to fulfil your dream of having a horse.
Do you know there are places where you can go on holiday and take your horse with you?
My dil goes once a year and gets together with her horsey set of friends for a long weekend. She loves it .

lovingit Thu 16-Aug-18 12:49:18

As a child I was pony mad and although I had riding lessons I dreamt of being in a big horse box taking my horse somewhere.I would see them pass on the road and look at the girls sitting up front and wish it was me.

I have had to wait over 50 years but my dream has come true!!

I have just had a wonderful, if very tiring ,4 days riding in Cumbria.Sitting in the horsebox gazing out the window I remembered my young self and had to smile.No way did I think at 67 I would be cantering over the moors on my own horse!!

Ladies,dreams do come true.