Gransnet forums

Chat

I have a wasp

(8 Posts)
PamelaJ1 Sat 18-Aug-18 17:26:40

It’s on my hand at the moment but seems totally unaffected by my typing. Must be a fan of GN.?
They are everywhere.

Cherrytree59 Sat 18-Aug-18 18:22:46

Your brave! shock
But as long as you can continue with your buzziness.grin

Panache Sat 18-Aug-18 18:33:46

It can well buzz off!..........but not in our direction please!!

grannyactivist Sat 18-Aug-18 18:54:58

My five year old grandson was at cricket last week when he was stung by a wasp. He is very easily embarrassed and so he quietly told the coach what had happened, but because he wasn't making a fuss the coach didn't believe him and told him to go away. Fortunately my daughter and husband were there and queried what had happened - and sure enough there was a red swelling from the sting, which they then treated.

The kicker to this story is that my grandson has some very severe allergies and carries two Epipens with him at all times. We have always dreaded him being stung because we didn't know what his reaction might be. Fortunately for the cricket coach all was well, but I did feel he'd 'dodged a bullet'.

Jalima1108 Sat 18-Aug-18 18:57:53

ga that reminds me of the time that DD went to Brownie camp; I picked her up off the bus and she was gasping and wheezing. I asked her why she hadn't asked Brown Owl for her inhaler - she said, 'I did, but she wouldn't let me have it, she told me I was making a fuss'.
Cue for a few words.

seacliff Sat 18-Aug-18 19:01:39

Ooooh no, couldn't put up with that. I have an automatic yell and hands in air reaction, that's probably what will get me stung.

lemongrove Sat 18-Aug-18 19:34:24

Well Pamela....everyone should have a pet, what’s it called?

M0nica Sat 18-Aug-18 19:43:27

Not entirely relevant, but it does involve bees. Did you see the story about the hiker who got lost in some national park in the US in high temperatures and no supplies. He got by by killing and eating bees and berries. My immediate reaction was: 'What a good thing he wasn't a vegan.'