Gransnet forums

Chat

So annoying

(8 Posts)
Oldwoman70 Thu 30-Aug-18 18:15:24

Baggs I do use internet banking but I needed to speak to a real person to sort out the problem quickly.

Stansgran Thu 30-Aug-18 18:11:46

I tend to ask how to speak to a human and quite often they will give you a short cut for future use. My go to method is to make a deliberate mistake and the voice comes through we will put you through to someone who can help.
I won't to internet banking. Sil is in internet security for a bank and assures me that the average home computer is very hackable . DH is very trusting and will not believe that emails can cause problems although he is getting Better at thinking before he opens things. We have very good malware and have the computer checked by a professional.

Baggs Thu 30-Aug-18 17:50:45

I think more and more people are banking online now, oldwoman. I've found it much less frustrating than phoning.

maytime2 Thu 30-Aug-18 17:15:34

I have found the app. "say no to 870" to be helpful when trying to contact the bank, credit card company etc. as it usually gives an 01 number to dial. This stops me being charged as all land line number starting with 01 are free with my telephone co. (I do pay extra for this service).

Oldwoman70 Thu 30-Aug-18 16:04:18

They have now given me another number to ring which is the number of their credit card department - so why isn't it on the back of the credit card!! angry confused

Everything now sorted

Oldwoman70 Thu 30-Aug-18 15:46:09

I am now trying to contact them through Facebook. Told them I had rung the number on the back of the card. They replied did I ring xxxx x xxx xxx . That is the number on the back of the card!!! Waiting for their reply to that!

humptydumpty Thu 30-Aug-18 15:44:03

I couldn't agree more, having tried today to contact Virgin Media. I tried their 'online chat' service - no-one available, no explanation why not or when there would be, even though it's supposedly available until 8pm. To make matters worse, the Virgin shop where I live has closed, and the nearest branch is 25 miles away.

Oldwoman70 Thu 30-Aug-18 15:37:46

I need to contact my Bank credit card department - rang the number on the back of the card, got a recorded message to hold on - so I did for over 20 minutes! Gave up and used the number which is supposed to be the direct number for my branch - went unanswered.

I now have to change my plans for tomorrow in order to visit the branch and sort things out. With so many bank branches closing why don't they make phone contact easier.