Gransnet forums

Chat

Lunch will be a little late today.....

(9 Posts)
OldMeg Sun 09-Sep-18 15:11:07

Oh no! I’m sure we’ve all done something similar and it makes you want to swear!

annep Sun 09-Sep-18 14:31:11

I made my porridge yesterday topped with yoghurt blueberries chopped nuts and sprinkled with...coriander! not cinnamon.

ninathenana Sun 09-Sep-18 14:14:51

I did similar the other night. Turned the oven on to warm, prepared the chicken tray bake and got side tracked "Shall I put this in the oven"? said DH as he came in the back door
"Er, yes please" blush

merlotgran Sun 09-Sep-18 13:56:37

DH is already mooching around in the fridge. grin

Auntieflo Sun 09-Sep-18 13:49:38

Well, it's probably an early supper then Merlotgran.

MiniMoon Sun 09-Sep-18 13:47:28

That's DS.

MiniMoon Sun 09-Sep-18 13:47:05

The opposite is going on here!

I put the potatoes in the oven to roast to be ready for 1:30, having totally forgotten that DD said he would be late for lunch today, now they look like burnt offerings.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 09-Sep-18 13:34:47

Merlotgran that has made me laugh!!!

I am also reassured that I am not the only one to do this!!

merlotgran Sun 09-Sep-18 13:27:44

Because I've just realised I've forgotten to put the meat in the oven!!

DH prepared all the veg as per usual, I made a fruit salad and apple sauce for the pork then disappeared to the greenhouse to see if anything needed watering.

I then got completely sidetracked, sowed some radishes, weeded a raised bed and some pots then decided it must be time to put the potatoes in the oven that had been par-boiled and were steaming under a tea towel.

It was just as I was about to deal with the spuds that I found myself staring at a joint of pork, covered in herbs and trayed up ready to....er…..roast??

DH was watching the Great North Run on the telly and said, 'I wondered why I couldn't smell any delicious aromas emanating from the kitchen.' hmm

To add insult to injury, it's a slow-roast joint.

GAH!