Gransnet forums

Chat

Overheard at the comedy ballet ...

(7 Posts)
NemosMum Wed 03-Oct-18 10:17:13

DD and I were at a performance of Les Trockoderos comedy all-male ballet last night when we overheard the ladies in the seats behind: "Well, I certainly didn't marry Richard for his sense of humour! I go and put a good video on if I want entertainment". "No", said her friend, "Not many men have a sense of humour". DD and I were amused and aghast! What do Gransnetters think?

DoraMarr Wed 03-Oct-18 10:25:38

I think sense of humour is very important. It was one of the qualities that attracted me to my ex husband, and my partner and I Appreciate the same comedies and absurdities. ( But not, sadly, “Father Ted”- he just doesn’t get it.)

ninathenana Wed 03-Oct-18 13:20:11

DH has at times a very silly sense of humour he can make me giggle and at times groan. We enjoy the same comedies on screen.
We have male friends who come out with some great quips. I feel sorry for those ladies.

Nonnie Wed 03-Oct-18 13:25:48

Love the Trocks, brilliant, DH does too. Officially Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo. Video for anyone who has never seen them, or even for those who have:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcHxW82Eeik

NemosMum Thu 04-Oct-18 10:17:53

Thanks Nonnie that clip of the dying swan is brilliant! We loved the Trocks too. Regarding men and SOH, I would find it impossible to live with anyone bereft of a sense of playfulness and silliness. That's why short engagements are a bad idea; you need to get to know each other's tastes in entertainment. It's fine if you disagree about a couple of things, but you need to have some common ground for enjoyment of life.

Nonnie Thu 04-Oct-18 11:46:31

DH has a sense of humour and sometimes thinks I haven't. It is just that some things which make me laugh he doesn't find funny and somethings he likes I don't.

goldengirl Thu 04-Oct-18 11:50:28

My DH also has a sense of humour. I couldn't have married someone who hadn't got one; how boring life would be.