Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(35 Posts)
12Michael Sun 25-Nov-18 06:25:53

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but looks cold out here in Brackley where yesterday saw the xmas lights switch on.
Today , on a day trip to Gloucester Victorian xmas market on the quays, it finishes todays as well.
See what I can buy?
Mick

Arto1s Sun 25-Nov-18 15:11:28

Good Morning from a beautiful California as the sun begins to rise. Our house sits high up, and at the moment we are sitting above the clouds and can see clear blue sky. Quite spectacular. We are taking our two dogs to the beach today for a good run. Then we will probably meet friends later at our local Cigar and Wine Bar.

Barmeyoldbat Sun 25-Nov-18 14:05:48

Good day from a bright very cold Somerset. Went out early on my bike after a breakfast of coffee and mince pie. I had 5 layers on and was really wrapped up but it was freezing. Stopped for a hot drink before heading home for soup and a warm up by the fire. its a feel good to be alive day.

Llamedos13 Sun 25-Nov-18 13:07:37

Well I’m about to board a flight from Barbados back to the snow in Ontario! So ☹️

Conni7 Sun 25-Nov-18 13:05:56

Lovely to learn where everyone is! The sun is shining here in Cheshire. Sapphire keep busy, and try to start a new life. Very difficult, but try hard!

Coconut Sun 25-Nov-18 12:09:40

A grey day in Sussex and am happy to have a day indoors as my energy levels are low ! Was up in the early hours 1.30 am: scrubbing sick off a pale coloured carpet ! My grandson was ill in the night and didn’t quite reach the bathroom in time bless him. At least I’ve got out of freezing at the side of a football pitch with him as he has no energy either !

oldgaijin Sun 25-Nov-18 12:09:24

Salutations from a cloudy but dry Aberdeenshire. Feeling pleased with myself after our quiz team came in the top three last night. The clincher question was "what was Mr. Darcy's first name"? Clever clogs here knew the answer so without rushing to look up Pride and Prejudice, does anyone know the answer?

FlorenceFlower Sun 25-Nov-18 12:03:27

Hello everyone. Fabulous tree in the park here in SE London - for a moment I had thought it was surrounded by very early narcissus!

Minerva Sun 25-Nov-18 11:41:30

Just snuck in in time to say Good Morning everybody.

It’s dry and not too cold and my third lot of washing is on the line. I hope no one minds me washing on Sunday. I remember my mother having a go at me for hanging out a wash on a Sunday, the day before my husband and I were off to Japan for two years.

Now making apple crumble for the grandchildren coming to tea today. I love Sundays but it isn’t exactly a day of rest.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 25-Nov-18 10:47:55

Good morning all x

Enjoy your time with your Granddaughter Annie.

Lazy day for us we were in London with AC and GC last night for dinner to celebrate my Mums Birthday (she died 20 months ago) my sister and her family met us there. Late night but the 4 GC aged 1-10 we’re so well behaved.

Enjoy your family day kitty

Hope you feel better soon Sar53

Wishing you a happy relaxing Sunday

David1968 Sun 25-Nov-18 10:41:00

Good morning from a beautiful, bright and sunny Morecambe Bay in Lancashire. Hooray, it's a little warmer today (no frost) and there's no wind! (Although we could do with some of the latter as have a load of washing on the rotary dryer.) Wishing you all a happy day, dear GNs.

TerriBull Sun 25-Nov-18 10:22:10

Good morning from an overcast south east.

Off to Waitrose fairly soon to do some shopping and get a free Sunday paper. We have Sunday lunch with extended family today a pre Christmas get together.

Have a nice day with your gd today Annie.

A nugget of information for those coughing and spluttering, I met up with a friend last week who has been plagued with an enduring cough and she swears by Osteocare Liquid, apparently it was the only thing that helps hers, she discovered that inadvertently when she was taking a dose confused anyway that's second hand advice, I haven't tried it, but nevertheless made a note in my phone for future use.

Have a good day everyone.

NannyJan53 Sun 25-Nov-18 09:07:06

Good Morning from a bright and dry Black Country.

Had an enjoyable evening watching 'The Broken Truce' at Stourbridge town hall, then over the road for a curry. So a late night and not long awake!

Today we are going to look at options for worktops for our impending re-vamped kitchen ie, just replacing doors and worktops and a splash back instead of tiles.

Roast lamb for dinner tonight
flowers for Blue45Sapphire hope you have a peaceful day.

gillybob Sun 25-Nov-18 09:03:44

A late good morning from me too. Off to sort DD’s (very full) loft out, so she can store some of the baby things Evie no longer needs until she decides what to do with them. They do grow up far too fast don’t they?

Have a good Sunday everyone.

Blue45Sapphire Sun 25-Nov-18 08:58:27

My goodness, I'm late this morning - I woke up and it was light! Maybe because I took a sleeping tablet last night after a week or so of restless not sleeping nights. My GP prescribed them in February after DH died and I've still got over half the pack left, so I don't think there's any danger of me becoming an addict!
Anyway, good morning all. It's dry and a bit brighter than yesterday..
A day in town yesterday, it was really busy. Treated myself to breakfast out, then finished the Christmas shopping. And then celebrated by going into DH's favourite town centre pub and having a glass of Prosecco.
Shall feel a bit sad today because on this Sunday every year DH and I would always attend a local business's annual Champagne buffet lunch and exhibition. They sent me an invitation as usual this year but as it's always held out of town and I no longer drive I just can't get there. Ah well....
So, a lazy day at home, catching up with the papers and may well sort through some more photos.
Hope it's a good day for everyone.

EllanVannin Sun 25-Nov-18 08:57:13

Good morning All x
Beautiful sunny and bright day here in the NW.
Cats fed and outside. Have been going through an accumulation of papers-------how on earth do they keep mounting up ? I've gone through 2 shredders in the past...……

Hope all is well with everyone.

Anniebach Sun 25-Nov-18 08:56:15

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Grey and misty in Mid Wales, can’t see the mountains.

My younger granddaughter is calling today

Hope everyone has a good day x

Greyduster Sun 25-Nov-18 08:54:37

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is dull, cold and threatening to rain in South Yorkshire. I have been awake half the night with a pain in my leg, so I am wondering whether to give junior football a miss this morning. Then DH is finishing off painting the kitchen this afternoon. Enjoy your family day, Kitty, and glad your mouth is feeling better, Gaga. Have a good day, folks.

Pittcity Sun 25-Nov-18 08:39:38

Good morning from a grey but dry Colchester. The temperature seems to be creeping up a bit, still in single figures.
Housework, roast chicken and catch up TV today.

Marydoll Sun 25-Nov-18 08:21:12

Good morning all from a damp Glasgow.
I've been up since before six, coughing. (Perhaps we should start a coughing support thread, there are so many of us suffering. smile.)
I went downstairs, had a cup of tea and watched all the programmes I never get a chance to watch. I do like UK Border Force grin
Enjoy your market, Mick, I'm envious.
Kitty and anyone else having family time, enjoy!
It's another quiet day for me, but I'm not so breathless. Thank goodness!
Happy Sunday, everyone.

harrigran Sun 25-Nov-18 08:13:18

Good morning from a grey NE.
Going to visit GC this afternoon as they will be wanting their advent calendars for next week. Can't believe November is almost over, time seems to be speeding up.
Enjoy the family gathering kitty, we did the champagne and cake instead of the Baptism with our GC too.

NanKate Sun 25-Nov-18 08:08:53

Morning Mick and All.

The Victorian Market sounds wonderful Mick.

Our coughs are slowly going. So many people seem to have them at present.

Off for our usual walk around the NT Gardens at Cliveden. Followed by coffee and our own cake as we are not prepared to pay the exorbitant prices in the cafe. We haven’t been challenged yet.

Have a lovely day with your Wolfie Kitty and the rest of the Kittys.

Glad you enjoyed the Nutcracker Nfk

Brunette10 Sun 25-Nov-18 08:03:00

Morning everyone from a dull and damp Fife.. Kitty have a wonderful day. Xmas activities on all over the place now. Have a bit of cleaning to do today then may just have some relaxation time afterwards. Hope everyone has a good Sunday.

dragonfly46 Sun 25-Nov-18 07:56:48

Morning all.
Enjoy your day Kitty and * Nana*
Pleased you are recovering Gaga

Nothing of note planned here.

Sar53 Sun 25-Nov-18 07:55:03

Good morning everyone from a wet, grey Essex by the sea. Nothing planned for today. Good job as my nose started streaming last night and my sinuses are very painful this morning. This, whatever it is, has been brewing for days so I hope it disappears quickly.
Enjoy your day everyone.

Willow10 Sun 25-Nov-18 07:52:50

Good morning from a dry, cold East Northants. A hint of blue sky showing through. A bit of shopping, coffee and a jigsaw puzzle afternoon with films planned for today. Hope its a peaceful one for all.