Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(38 Posts)
12Michael Wed 12-Dec-18 06:30:19

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, dry and maybe cold outside in brackley , yesterday everything sort of went wrong, bus broke down, so changed my plans a bit , but today I will pursue to do as I had planned .
Mick

David1968 Wed 12-Dec-18 17:00:37

No, I'm a grandma & have always been female! (Didn't realise that chosen user name would be displayed on GN.) Perhaps it's time I changed it.

Conni7 Wed 12-Dec-18 15:53:07

David1968 are you a man? You'll look lovely in leggings and comfy top?

Lynne59 Wed 12-Dec-18 10:42:00

Morning all, it's cold and grey in Nottingham. Him Indoors is at home, unwell with a virus of some kind. I'm doing the last few arrangements for the day centre I run....we're having Santa, of course, and a tombola (rigged, so that everyone wins), and this Friday, a lady harpist is entertaining us.

Later, I'll see son no. 1, we'll collect his 2 daughters from school, go to an indoor play centre (he's 6ft 2 and charges around in there with them), then have dinner at a pub.

David1968 Wed 12-Dec-18 10:24:51

Urmstongran - sorry I missed out the "n".

David1968 Wed 12-Dec-18 10:24:02

Thanks, Urmstogran, that's very true - "only be seen from the waist up!" You've inspired me: I've a new top and shall now be digging out the sparkly jewellery....

Feelingmyage55 Wed 12-Dec-18 10:21:22

Good morning from a dull and damp Scotland. Having my coffee in a Christmas cup for the first time this season so that means the festive season has begun in our house. Would have said good morning earlier as I have not been doing outside chores but got caught up listening to Teresa May and trying to grasp the full significance of what is being made to happen. Have a good day.

Urmstongran Wed 12-Dec-18 10:02:22

Of course it will David1968. Indeed it’s what I shall be wearing at a dinner I’m going to tomorrow night! Put on some bright lipstick, some earrings that sparkle and all will be fine. We sit down at a table for 80% of the evening and will only be seen from the waist up. Plus it’s cold out there!

Lisagran Wed 12-Dec-18 09:31:44

Hi, annsixty - hope you enjoy your days away. Do you live in Stockport? I lived there up until 18 - in Reddish

David1968 Wed 12-Dec-18 09:22:11

Good morning GNs, from the cloudy and not-quite-fully-light-yet Morecambe Bay area. I'm off to a "ladies' dinner" this evening and I don't know what to wear. Not sure if leggings and a comfy top will really cut it..... Happy Wednesday, everyone.

MiniMoon Wed 12-Dec-18 09:10:54

Good morning from a bright but chilly Northumberland. DH and I are off to Kirkbride for lunch later. It is always very good, we go every 3-4 months, as it's a bit of a drive. It's almost on the west coast.
Should be going to Knit & Natter this afternoon, but will call in on the way home.
Have a good day everyone.

Pittcity Wed 12-Dec-18 09:09:48

Good morning from a bright, cold Colchester.
Weekly coffee meetup this morning and looking after 3 year old DGS this afternoon and for the rest of the week.
DS has man flu and is staying in bed, so I'll be looking after him too ( he's 17)

Anniebach Wed 12-Dec-18 09:06:39

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

My younger granddaughter is coming today, I haven’t seen her for two weeks. She is my tonic, chatter and laughter and hugs.

Hope everyone has a good day x

annsixty Wed 12-Dec-18 09:05:42

Good vibes being sent to Dragonfly for tomorrow and Mrkl for his results.
An emotional time for all.

harrigran Wed 12-Dec-18 08:51:20

Good morning, overcast and gloomy today.
GD's carol service in Durham cathedral this afternoon, damp eyes all round.
I didn't manage to get the tree up yesterday. DS and DIL were away at the school meeting for two hours last evening so it was quite late when I got home. Sat on the sofa and watched Mrs Wilson.
That was an early start kitty, hope you can rest later.

Urmstongran Wed 12-Dec-18 08:29:30

Good morning everyone.

kittylester Wed 12-Dec-18 08:06:02

Hi dragonfly, biopsy NYE, 8th Jan for results. We left home at 6.50!!! tchshocktchshock

dragonfly46 Wed 12-Dec-18 08:02:57

Early start for you Kitty. Hope all is well. When do you get results?

Sar53 Wed 12-Dec-18 08:00:23

Good morning everyone from a cold Essex by the sea. I was unwell during the night, feel ok'sh this morning, very strange. Will be off to see OH in hospital this morning, hoping his blood pressure has risen and that he can be more mobile today.
Presents to finish wrapping later.
Have a good day everyone.

kittylester Wed 12-Dec-18 07:55:57

Morning all.

North Leicestershire is very cold with a brisk wind.

Currently in the MRI waiting room while DH has his turn then a little bit of shopping for some last bits. All we have left is the big sdgs - probably vouchers again!

This afternoon we are going to see Bertie and Persie in their Christmas production - only possible because they are in the same one so double ticket allocation!!

Enjoy Nottingham Ann - wave as you go past!

Brunette10 Wed 12-Dec-18 07:54:57

Good morning everyone from a dark and damp Fife. To be dry I think for the rest of the day though so that's good. Had a bad night's sleep but have a Christmas Lunch waiting for me in Edin with other grans so maybe it was just the excitement of it all. Whatever your plans are for today I hope your day is enjoyable. tchsmile

dragonfly46 Wed 12-Dec-18 07:54:57

Morning all. Not looked out yet. Coffee morning this morning in town.

DoraMarr Wed 12-Dec-18 07:43:08

Good morning from Birmingham. I can see a pretty pink sky out of the window at my partner’s house. I’m hoping to finalise our plans for a trip to the Basque Country in April, then I’ll meet a friend for lunch. No other plans today, apart from tackling the cupboard under the sink (aaargh!)

Willow10 Wed 12-Dec-18 07:40:59

Good morning all. Still dark in East Northants but dry. Finished most of the wrapping yesterday, just waiting for one more parcel to arrive. Archery club followed by annual Christmas lunch today. Disappointed that it clashed with great granddaughters first nativity - she is an angel. Would much rather have seen her, but have been promised photo's - if the school allow! I'm doubtful though, everything is so PC these days - no making memories allowed! Have a good day everyone.

EllanVannin Wed 12-Dec-18 07:33:35

Good Morning All. x
On feeding the old stray cat outside this morning it was quite fresh,weatherwise,but dry, though I couldn't see much else being so dark.

A lovely sight in the sky yesterday---the " Beluga" Airbus. So clumsy looking but graceful at the same time. Like a snub-nosed dolphin, quite low so it must have landed at Liverpool.

Deliveries yesterday by my fav. Royal Mail man, so lovely and pleasant and has been delivering parcel mail for the last 6 years. It made my day !

More shopping later when D arrives-------it's all these children !

Hope all is well with everyone.

Greyduster Wed 12-Dec-18 07:30:42

Ann enjoy your two nights away - a break will do you good!