Gransnet forums

Chat

I'm am brave part 2

(21 Posts)
Purplepoppies Wed 12-Dec-18 07:08:00

I posted several weeks ago about taking a huge step, speaking out about something awful that happened to me many years ago.
I have officially made a statement now. It took so long because I'm not living anywhere near where the offence took place.
It was a very difficult process. I cannot fault the officers for guiding me through it with patience and understanding. I have no idea if what I or anyone else involved has to say will lead to a prosecution but I'm relieved I've finally done it.
I hope that if anyone else ever has the misfortune to find themselves in my position they are treated with the same respect and kindness I've been shown, and with all the support I have found on GN with you lovely people.
Thank you for supporting me, it went a long way to getting me over the finishing line ?

mcem Wed 12-Dec-18 07:17:37

Well done purplepoppies. I do remember your post and hoped you'd go through with it.
It was a courageous thing to do and I know you thought long and hard before you took that step.
Thank you for the reassurance that the officers in charge were so supportive.
It may not be appropriate for you to get back to us but please do that if you think it would be helpful for yourself or others.
I hope the hardest part of this process is over now and that you'll find reassurance if/as it goes on.flowers

annsixty Wed 12-Dec-18 07:18:29

Very well done.
It must have taken enormous courage to take the measures you have.
I hope you find some peace now and that the outcome is what you hoped for.

cornergran Wed 12-Dec-18 07:27:55

A very brave if horribly difficult step purplepoppies, be very proud of yourself. I’m delighted you had such good support from the officers. Onwards now with your head held high.

Purplepoppies Wed 12-Dec-18 07:36:28

Thank you again for your kind words and support.
I am very tired but finally managed to sleep well. It's such a relief.
If anything comes of the case I will let you know. It could be a long way off, it's a huge investigation.
Have a lovely day ?

EllanVannin Wed 12-Dec-18 07:38:39

Well done you ! This will have given you an enormous sense of relief as well as now being able to face anything head on without you going through years of worry again.
I'm so pleased for you purplepoppies. x

TwiceAsNice Wed 12-Dec-18 08:24:19

Well done it was hugely brave of you. I hope you get some peace for yourself now other people know. Good that the police were so supportive

sodapop Wed 12-Dec-18 08:54:32

Well done purplepoppies that took courage, so glad you had the support you needed.
You can relax a little now and enjoy Christmas thanks

Izabella Wed 12-Dec-18 09:10:21

Well done!

KatyK Wed 12-Dec-18 09:40:24

Well done to you. Sometimes we can surprise ourselves with how strong we are, especially when something has battered us down for so long. flowers

Luckygirl Wed 12-Dec-18 09:52:29

The right thing done - such a courageous step.

Please enjoy what life has to offer - bad things can rule our lives, but you have now looked at this face on and done what you can. What a star! smile

oldbatty Wed 12-Dec-18 10:02:38

Absolutely tremendous. Feel proud.

Squiffy Wed 12-Dec-18 10:15:26

You've shown great strength Purple. Hopefully, what you have done will allow you to find some peace now and in the future. smile

dragonfly46 Wed 12-Dec-18 11:28:18

Well done - what courage you have shown. I really hope that you will now be able to move on knowing you have done the right thing.

Opal Wed 12-Dec-18 11:34:04

Well done, that will have taken great courage, I admire you.

ffinnochio Wed 12-Dec-18 13:44:27

purplepoppies ??

BlueBelle Wed 12-Dec-18 13:45:51

Huge well done and purplepoppy even if nothing comes from it don’t worry, you have given it away, it is now off your shoulders, and it will never hurt the sane again, it is difussed
???

BBbevan Wed 12-Dec-18 14:00:07

Well done. I expect it was so hard for you. But as they say ' Fortune favours the brave' Hope the future is brighter for you now

Purplepoppies Fri 14-Dec-18 06:47:58

Thank you all for your kind words.
I have had a few days to recover and process everything. I am feeling brighter and looking forward to Christmas now ?

BBbevan Fri 14-Dec-18 12:16:54

Good girl. ???

holdingontometeeth Sat 29-Dec-18 12:57:59

Thanks for the further information Purplepoppies