Gransnet forums

Chat

Rib Ticklers

(10 Posts)
Rufus2 Tue 18-Dec-18 10:00:17

I know starting a parallel thread is verboten, but a new jokes thread has disappeared and "Search" is as useless as ever, so here goes courtesy of "Evergreen" mag.
Why couldn't the lifeguard save the hippie?
Because he was too far out , man.
A man walked into the doctor's and said "Doctor, I can't stop singing 'The Green Green,Grass of Home'". The doctor said, "That sounds like Tom Jones syndrome to me"
"Is it common" he asked?
"It's Not Unusual"

Love is like central heating. You turn it on before guests arrive and pretend it's like this all the time.

In my last relationship, I hated being treated like a piece of meat. She was a vegan and refused to touch me.

Some Christmas trees in Liverpool have a fairy across the Mersey.

How many surrealists does it take to change a lightbulb? "Fish"
(I don't get that one either) confused
Oh well!; makes a change from Mils, Dils, Sils etc. tchgrin

Greyduster Tue 18-Dec-18 10:48:56

Here is one my son sent me the other day:
“What do you call a lot of avid chess players bragging about their games in a hotel lobby?
Chess nuts boasting in an open foyer.”
Stupid boy!

Rufus2 Tue 18-Dec-18 13:07:32

Actually overheard in church
The rector was praying for the sick and said; "We must remember Mrs. Godson in our prayers who has recently had all her teeth taken out and a new gas stove put in"

MissAdventure Tue 18-Dec-18 14:00:46

grin

Luckygirl Tue 18-Dec-18 14:26:47

I like the Gervaise Phinn story about the little girl (in a Catholic school) who had drawn a lake with a tiny person kneeling by it, and he asked her about it. She said it was mother Mary - what is she doing?, he asked. "She is praying for the sick." Wonderful!

fourormore Tue 18-Dec-18 15:42:55

How did the choir members know that the Baby Jesus weighed 6lb 2oz?
Cus they did a weigh in the manger!

MissAdventure Tue 18-Dec-18 16:22:13

Jokes about PMS are not funny. Period.

TerriBull Tue 18-Dec-18 16:28:41

I'm not very good at remembering jokes but this one stayed with me, courtesy of the actor Robert Lindsay on some chat show or other. He related to the interviewer that he was doing a run at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Stratford on Avon when wandering through the town he came across the local Millets sale the sign in the window, which read "Now is the winter of our discount tents" grin

Rufus2 Wed 19-Dec-18 10:01:11

At Christmas time classical composers often went late-night Chopin.
Buy octopus for Christmas lunch and everyone will have a leg.
When Santa is lost in the Arctic, he simply goes with the floe.
Working for the Job Centre has to be a tense job-knowing that if you get fired, you still have to come in the next day.
Trump said he'd build a wall, but he hasn't even picked up a brick. He's just another middle-aged man failing on a DIY project.

MissAdventure Wed 19-Dec-18 11:02:24

A farmer had a sow that he wanted to breed, and made an arrangement to take her up a steep hill to his neighbours farm so that she could spend time with his boar.
He put her into a wheelbarrow and duly took her, leaving her for the night.
When he went to collect her the next day, he asked his more experienced neighbour if there was any way to know if she might be pregnant.
"Well" said his neighbour "its not scientific, but if she lays down for a few hours tomorrow morning, its a sure bet that nature has taken its course".
The next morning the farmer looked out of his window and his pig wasn't lying down, so he phoned his neighbour.
They arranged for her to spend another night with the sow, so once again she was taken in the wheelbarrow and left.
She came home looking very contented, but wasn't lying down the next day, much to the annoyance of her owner.
He phoned his neighbour again, who said "well, my boar did his duty, so what is your problem? What is your pig doing now, lying down?"
"No, she's sitting in the wheelbarrow!"