Gransnet forums

Chat

Your wonderful pseudonames

(259 Posts)
grannysue05 Thu 10-Jan-19 11:14:46

About a year ago I opened a thread about the pseudonoms that we choose to put on Gransnet.
The freshly scented Lemongrove
The mysterious Maggiemaybe ... maybe, maybe not!
Baggs I had such an image of you until I saw your lovely picture on another thread.
MawBroon such a name of authority and we certainly respect your words.
Anniebach you must be little, yet you are not!
And I could go on and on but i won't.
There were some lovely answers and now that we have a lot of new members with equally intriguing "nom-de-plumes", I thought I would ask again what made you choose yours ?
Do you escape into a fantasy world (BlueSapphire what magic that conjures up) , or are you practical (like me) and just put your name?
Please share.

Maggiemaybe Thu 10-Jan-19 14:57:05

Mysterious, moi? grin

I am indeed Maggie, and my lovely dad used to serenade me with a rousing rendition of that very unsuitable song about the Maggie May who walked down Lime Street and loved all the sailors. When I registered, it seemed Maggiemay was already on here, so I added a little extra, that may or may not stand for my second initial. smile

Witzend Thu 10-Jan-19 14:31:59

Mine was coined some years ago for another forum - for carers of people with dementia.
Nuff said really.

Suki70 Thu 10-Jan-19 14:25:11

Suki was the name given to one of our rescue kittens when she first came to us. DH didn't like the name so we changed it. 70 is wishful thinking, I'm way past that!

farview Thu 10-Jan-19 14:23:58

Mine ..well bit boring and obvious but we do have views that stretch forever..I never tire of them and we get the most beautiful skies and incredible sunsets...

petra Thu 10-Jan-19 14:01:39

I'd just come back from holiday there.

glammanana Thu 10-Jan-19 14:00:34

My daughters friends used to always call me Mrs Glamma the reason being that I had to wear smart suits and glamm up for work every day.
When my first DGS was born it automatically transferred to glammanana and it has stayed the same ever since,although the smart suits have long been replaced for comfy casuals.

SueDonim Thu 10-Jan-19 13:55:03

I stole mine from a novel I'd recently read.

Carolina55 Thu 10-Jan-19 13:52:07

My dad used to call me/sing Carolina Moon as he said I was always daydreaming and I was born in 1955

Parsley3 Thu 10-Jan-19 13:50:49

There was a pot of it on the window ledge when I was choosing a name.

tanith Thu 10-Jan-19 13:49:21

Mine was also a much loved cat she’s been gone 25 yrs, I found the name when I was visiting family in Wales and was told it meant Welsh witch but I’ve since discovered it has Semitic roots and means serpent lady or a Phoenician Goddess of love, fertility, the moon and stars.

craftergran Thu 10-Jan-19 13:39:50

I do a lot of different crafts and I'm gran

Mamissimo Thu 10-Jan-19 13:35:40

Heaven only knows! I use it for everything but the reason is lost in the mists of time. ?

grannysue05 Thu 10-Jan-19 13:35:29

Oh...lovely lovely answers.
Pecs are you super fit and pumping iron?
Soop do you love the real thing (Heinz) or do you make your own?
Panache a lady of incredible grace and style (so glad things are easier for her now)
boheminan I shall always picture you in a flowing gypsy skirt, tossing your wild hair.
Me .... well I too regret my hasty choice of just a name.
Now if i could have my time over again .... what would I choose?
hmm

Jessity Thu 10-Jan-19 13:33:24

Jess but I always called her Jessity was our much-loved black labrador

NanaandGrampy Thu 10-Jan-19 13:28:22

I needed to provide an email to register and we had a joint one we used for signing up to things - choosing it as my user name made it easier to remember lol

paddyann Thu 10-Jan-19 13:27:07

It was what my lovely Granny called me ,she used to song an old Irish song about a girl called paddy to me and I loved it ...and her .

KatyK Thu 10-Jan-19 13:26:04

I agree. Some lovely names. I chose a boring one. I wish I'd given it more thought.

Charleygirl5 Thu 10-Jan-19 13:20:58

Mine was the name of my last gorgeous cat. He was so timid he would miaow at somebody while standing behind me with his head peeking around my legs. I still miss him although he has been dead over 14 years.

EllanVannin Thu 10-Jan-19 12:52:40

I like your style, boheminan. smile

boheminan Thu 10-Jan-19 12:51:34

Long purple hair, tattoos, chickens in the garden, no mobile phone, car or tv....tis the gypsy in my soul!

EllanVannin Thu 10-Jan-19 12:51:33

Mine is Manx for Isle of Man where my late mum was born.

pensionpat Thu 10-Jan-19 12:49:02

I worked for DWP in pensions. I visited pensioners in their homes and referred to myself as Pensionpat. It amused them and me. I was sometimes asked if I had a black and white cat.

LadyGracie Thu 10-Jan-19 12:45:28

After my beautiful cat

Culag Thu 10-Jan-19 12:34:52

Mine is just a lovely place I visited once.

cornergran Thu 10-Jan-19 11:59:04

I live on a corner. Not clever I'm afraid. smile