Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's super supportive kitchen (with a wing for poorly menfolk)

(1001 Posts)
soop Sun 20-Jan-19 11:31:49

Here we are again. Happy as can be. All good friends and jolly good company.

WELCOME!

Baggs Mon 18-Feb-19 19:23:19

Gosh, what a journey, soop! I did wonder about the ferry when I looked at the weather forecast. Would it have been the Dunoon to Gourock one that you took had you used it?

Anyway, I'm glad you're both home safe and sound. Tomorrow must be a rest day for you both for sure ? ?

NanaandGrampy Mon 18-Feb-19 19:27:54

Who knew *Galen ?? The mind boggles about the Spawn Police ???

Anneliese63 Mon 18-Feb-19 19:44:29

My goodness Soop! What a distance you’ve had to travel. Hope you both have a restful night and take it easy for a day or two.

No frogspawn here yet. They may have been put off by the heron that speared one of our poor fish! Beautiful birds but I’d rather they didn’t help themselves to the fish! Now DH will be putting net over the one tiny portion of the pond that wasn’t covered.

Still can’t bold text or add emojis, even though I follow the instructions! Any tips would be gratefully received!

mrshat Mon 18-Feb-19 20:03:53

Soop pleased you got there and back safely and were well taken care of. A good night's sleep and rest for you and macS. flowers
Galen I never knew that about frogspawn! Amazing facts learnt on GN! grin

Doodle Mon 18-Feb-19 20:08:12

grannyqueenie if it’s not an impertinent question, what size is your ball ?. DH is a keen photographer and I was thinking of getting him one for his birthday.

Marydoll Mon 18-Feb-19 20:09:27

Oh Soop, what a horrible journey by road and that hospital is in a pretty bleak spot. I do everything to get out of going there for scans.
McSporran deserves a medal. ? For you ?

Anneliese63, are you using the right brackets? [ ] Type the word inside the square brackets, with no spaces.
Copy exactly what is at the bottom of the page.
As for Bold , type a * before the word, you want to highlight and then a gain at the end of it. Like this, *Soop and one beside the P. I can't show you exactly , or Soop will display in bold.

Anneliese63 Mon 18-Feb-19 20:44:29

Marydoll, thank you but I still can’t do it. I’ve just done a quick internet search and other people with iPads seem to have the same problem. Will email GN tomorrow.

Marydoll Mon 18-Feb-19 20:47:53

To get round it, I added an emoticon keyboard to my PC.

Adding emoticon keyboard to iPad

If you don't see the emoji keyboard, make sure that it's is turned on.
Go to Settings > General and tap Keyboard.
Tap Keyboards, then tap Add New Keyboard.
Tap Emoji.

Is this any use?

Anneliese63 Mon 18-Feb-19 20:53:29

Marydoll Sorted! Still can’t do it in the way you described, but by switching to desktop site rather than mobile site, there’s a different way of doing it! Many thanks! flowers

Marydoll Mon 18-Feb-19 21:20:23

Oh, that's what I do with my tablet? Never occured to me to suggest that. LOL!

grannyqueenie Mon 18-Feb-19 21:27:54

Ha ha, not at all impertinent, doodle! I think it’s about 3”. I certainly wouldn’t want a bigger one, it would be too heavy to cart around! It’s not something you’d use all the time , but good fun for the right spot.

soop I’m so glad you’re there and back in one piece, albeit weary. What a loving man you have, going the extra mile (and some!) to be absolutely sure you got to your appointment. That’s real love in action ❤️
Glad your boys are all in one piece n&g, I’ll bet they’ve had great fun today.
This was just a quick look in to check on soop, so I’ll bid you all goodnight and get back to enjoying my rather fine g&t!

Galen Mon 18-Feb-19 21:43:28

Waiting the invasion of the children tomorrow. Only a one day visit.
Very difficult following my other child’s death? Suicide.?

PECS Mon 18-Feb-19 21:46:55

Galen Has there been any update from coroner? I keep looking to see ..sorry if I have missed information x

callgirl1 Mon 18-Feb-19 22:19:19

Soop, so pleased that you got there and back safely, all praise to MacS. Even the Dunoon to Gourock ferry would still have a involved a fair drive, wouldn`t it? Have yourselves a good, restful day tomorrow.
David is hoping to hear something tomorrow, if not he`ll contact them himself. Surely they realise how bad the waiting can be?
On a brighter note, my friend`s widower, who was told he possibly had prostate cancer, has been declared all clear after his op a month ago. Such a relief, his wife died of several cancers 2 years ago.
N&G, I love the tree photo. Hope Jackson is better soon. Tonsillitis is something that me, hubby or any of our kids ever suffered from, thank goodness.
Galen, I hope your pond is large enough to accommodate all those baby frogs when they finally grow?

callgirl1 Mon 18-Feb-19 22:20:18

Never, not ever!

Bellanonna Mon 18-Feb-19 22:22:45

I do hope David gets some news tomortow Callgirl. ??

cornergran Mon 18-Feb-19 22:27:55

Delighted you are home and safe soop. A virtual medal for your chauffeur. Sleep well both of you.

Hoping for success for your son tomorrow callgirl.

More family pressure has appeared here today, does anyone else get vaguely hysterical when swamped with bad news? Think I have no more room for worry. Oh well, off to bed now. Tomorrow is another day.

MawBroon Mon 18-Feb-19 22:29:38

Keep strong Cornergirl I know what you mean when you think you just can’t take any more - then there is more.
Broad shoulders here in the Kitchen if you need them flowers

Doodle Mon 18-Feb-19 22:53:36

corner I know exactly what you mean. Stay strong, sleep well and I pray things aren’t as bad as you fear. flowers

Doodle Mon 18-Feb-19 22:54:53

Thanks grannyquenie I will look into that. Might get two new balls...one for DH and one for DS ?

soop Tue 19-Feb-19 13:25:13

Good afternoon dear one and all. As per, I have much catching up to do. It wouldn't be right for me to pop into our kitchen and not be met with a plethora of goings-on. I like that word. Plethora. wink

Baggs Right thinking that we'd have used the Dunoon ferry. As it happened, we saved a few quid on the ferry fare. That can go into the "treat tin" in my knicker drawer.

We both slept the sleep of the righteous. In fact, I only needed one wee throughout the night. That, is a record!

N&G Your photos are a delight. Your grandchildren are very lucky peoples.

Doodle Your query made me chuckle. Tyke.

Galen Enjoy precious time spent with your visiting family. flowers

callgirl I trust that David will not have to wait too much longer for news. This must be a terribly difficult time for all the family.

corner Us lot are here for each other through the good, bad and inbetween times. We have a special bond, methinks.

One of our Granspals sent me a beautiful display of flowers. Another sent a very funny/cheeky card. I shall add the images. grin

soop Tue 19-Feb-19 17:04:48

I've been speaking to my youngest son and his son, Torben. We've laughed a lot. Counting the days to our family get-together. The highlight of our year. grin

I'm logging off. Tomorrow's care home visit means ironing duties suspended until Thursday. Doesn't time fly when you are enjoying yourself. wink smile moon

megan123 Tue 19-Feb-19 17:12:17

Glad you are home and rested soop and your flowers and card are lovely.
flowers to all with worries x

Doodle Tue 19-Feb-19 19:50:06

megan your not that megan are you? ? ?

Doodle Tue 19-Feb-19 19:50:30

You’re

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion