Gransnet forums

Chat

What’s your ‘ anxiety dream’?

(105 Posts)
Daddima Mon 21-Jan-19 14:17:06

Because of many years of amateur drama, in mine I’m going onstage, but have had no rehearsal, so don’t know what to do. Sometimes it’s time for me to go on, but I can’t find the way to the stage!

Jalima1108 Mon 21-Jan-19 23:03:30

If I do find a toilet there's no door on it and everyone is walking past on their way down to the beach ……

worse than the toilets on a plane!

Bellanonna Mon 21-Jan-19 22:34:19

??

merlotgran Mon 21-Jan-19 22:32:21

It's a huge relief to know I'm not the only one searching for a toilet that's not full of poo with a door that shuts having spent all day driving to the airport from the back seat of a clapped out Vauxhall only to find the 'plane flies down the street and never gets higher than a first floor window. grin

MaggieMay60 Mon 21-Jan-19 22:28:08

I too, have dreams about toilets, often I need to go but when I get there they are either occupied or too filthy to use and I cannot go in them.
The other dream I have, is being left in charge of a shop and I am unable to get people to leave at closing time, the more I try to get people to go the more come in the door I always wake up feeling very anxious.

MissAdventure Mon 21-Jan-19 22:16:33

You lot must fly business class with your fancy planes!
I must be having a Ryanair dream.

Bellanonna Mon 21-Jan-19 22:14:19

Some years since I had this one, but I was outdoors without any clothes on. Used to have it quite a lot.

Bellanonna Mon 21-Jan-19 22:12:37

Merlot and GG, funny you should mention the flying one. My plane is just above the ground but it’s in streets rather than a runway and doesn’t feel like a proper plane (thank goodness). I must remember not to accept a lift in a car from you Merlot! How interesting these comments are. Toilets are obviously the most common.

FountainPen Mon 21-Jan-19 21:54:35

Mine is also packing, a recurring dream I have had for decades. I am trying to leave home to catch a bus, a train or a plane but simply cannot finish packing to be on my way. I suspect it relates to simply having too much stuff.

merlotgran Mon 21-Jan-19 21:51:22

Another dream is where I'm driving an old fashioned car like the one in Foyles war. The only trouble is I'm sitting in the back seat. grin

Gonegirl Mon 21-Jan-19 21:48:15

Forget it

Gonegirl Mon 21-Jan-19 21:48:04

lags not lava

Gonegirl Mon 21-Jan-19 21:47:25

But most people have a bit of that when it comes to lava out.

Gonegirl Mon 21-Jan-19 21:46:37

I think the toilet dreams could mean you are hiding OCD.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 21-Jan-19 21:38:24

Merlot I gave the “plane” dream, always flying low along streets, I see so many details. Have always thought it went back to landing in Hong Kong old airport where you could see into people’s apartments on the airport approach:

Often dream about packing and cannot get things out of wardrobe into case:

Toilet dream is most frequent, dirty cubicle, no door or unable to find toilet.

Mr GG us convinced he does not dream and thinks I am weird, he might be correct!!!

MissAdventure Mon 21-Jan-19 21:30:57

Surely all these overflowing toilets must pertain to having to take care of other peoples 'business' when you need to take care of your own?

baubles Mon 21-Jan-19 21:28:19

Mycatisahacker

baubles you must be running from some kind of unresolved trauma?

Quite possibly sad

Grannybags Mon 21-Jan-19 21:20:49

Oh yes, I used to have that one BlueSapphire but haven't had it for years (too busy looking for a clean toilet!)

BlueSapphire Mon 21-Jan-19 20:57:39

Stepping off the top step of a staircase and falling into an abyss. Luckily I always woke up before I hit the bottom.

MissAdventure Mon 21-Jan-19 20:53:12

Well, you may see me flying past at that height, merlot.
I won't be able to wave though, because i'll be flapping my arms. grin

merlotgran Mon 21-Jan-19 20:49:28

I've had all the variations of the loo dream - filthy cubicle loos, sitting in full view etc., etc. I've also had the running and hiding one but in open fields not in a house and I never get caught. grin

Another weird dream is going on a plane. It never really takes off and the journey is made just a few feet above ground level. hmm

Farmor15 Mon 21-Jan-19 20:45:25

Like Gonegirl I sometimes have a dream about trying to get somewhere by bike - a really long distance - (perhaps 80 miles) and it's getting dark and I've no light.

Farmor15 Mon 21-Jan-19 20:43:10

I have the "having a baby" dream too - I had one last night. I was on the floor of a post office with people queuing up for stamps and taking no notice of me, even though I was naked from waist down!

I sometimes have toilet dream, sitting on a toilet but in an open room, and suddenly I realise there are other people around. I think that one is about fear of behaving inappropriately - suddenly finding oneself naked in public.

Dreams are really strange - sometimes they stay with your for days/weeks and can be quite disturbing.

Gonegirl Mon 21-Jan-19 20:41:59

I'm always on a journey on my own. Either on foot or on my bike. And I get lost, and my phone's at home, and it's starting to get dark. It's very scary.

MissAdventure Mon 21-Jan-19 20:35:16

I would love to see what we all look like whilst we are having these dreams.
Peacefully sleeping?
Crying out?
Legs 'running' on the hunt for a toilet?

Bathsheba Mon 21-Jan-19 20:30:58

I had a really unsettling dream a week or so ago, one which I sincerely hope doesn't recur. I was walking down a street in France and I glanced across the road as something caught my eye - it was a severed dog's leg and tail. On looking closer, I realised the dog itself, a beautiful black and white border collie, was there, surrounded by all its severed limbs. He was just sitting there looking pleadingly at me, his ears flattened to his head. I walked past, panicking because I simply didn't know what to do. In my dream I knew no French, and didn't know how to get help for him.
The image haunted me for several days afterwards, because even though I knew it was just a dream, it had been so vivid, so startlingly real, that I continued to feel the guilt of not going to the dog's aid sad