Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(51 Posts)
12Michael Mon 28-Jan-19 06:19:19

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but its dry and frosty with a moon this morning over brackley .
A chance to get out and pay for some trips later in the year , some a deposit though.
Mick

Anniebach Tue 29-Jan-19 08:51:49

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Firm coming to measure windows this morning, I don’t want them.

Hope everyone has a good day x

Urmstongran Tue 29-Jan-19 08:08:09

Ha! Love it Maw

Jalima1108 Mon 28-Jan-19 23:24:41

It suits me Maw
I am not a morning person

MawBroon Mon 28-Jan-19 22:37:44

The mornings seem to be getting longer.
Is that one of the first signs of Spring?

Urmstongran Mon 28-Jan-19 22:29:54

Good morning morphs into good evening!

Lisagran Mon 28-Jan-19 21:36:40

Naino3. - people might miss your question on this thread - maybe you should start a new thread with your question?

Granless Mon 28-Jan-19 19:21:26

Good evening all, Here I am with hubby in Nerja, Spain. Been here for 4 weeks and not a drop of rain except for one deluge overnight. Seen some glorious sunsets. Another sunny day tomorrow forecast. Sorry if you are in a cold place.

Sallyann51 Mon 28-Jan-19 15:44:38

Hi all,

Beautiful day here in Surre. Jus back from U3A Walk. We did about four and a half miles. It was quite muddy but lovely bright sunshine if a little chilly.
Nice lunch in the pub followed.
Hope you all have a lovely Monday

Marilii Mon 28-Jan-19 13:46:25

Good morning everyone. Wishing all of you a wonderful day. :-)
Cold here but not too bad. So glad this has been an easier winter than last year. (I've probably jinxed it now) Oh well. Have some errands to run, then plan to take it a bit easy. We'll see. :-)

Naino3 Mon 28-Jan-19 13:18:43

Could I please ask for some advice from those of you who know Aberdeen? We will be travelling by train and have the option of either 1.5 or nearly 3 hours to explore the city. We will be on foot. What could we see in that timescale and would it be worth it? Many thanks

Bijou Mon 28-Jan-19 12:41:00

Good morning all.
Beautiful sunny but cold day in West Norfolk. Wish I could get out.
Expect the weather will be different on Wednesday the only day I can get out to do shopping.
My help has got flu so I am struggling to do the chores myself. Knees very painful.

Chino Mon 28-Jan-19 12:05:42

A lovely sunny morning here in Staffordshire- started off well with 2 deliveries- a competition prize of a golf umbrella and delivery of a lovely coral coloured leather handbag which my DH is buying me for Valentine's day- half price from a lovely local company called Yoshi
Off to my Move it or lose it class this afternoon ???

Annaram1 Mon 28-Jan-19 12:03:09

Here in East Devon we have beautiful weather. The birds are starving and we have a visiting squirrel so I always put a handful of seed out on the ground for him/her.
I am waiting for British Gas to service my boiler. They cannot ever give me a set time, I could stay in all day and he might come at the last possible moment.
So I am defrosting my freezer while I am waiting. I suppose a lot of food will not like it.
EllanVannin, that is a heartrending film. The father of the German boy was only affected when it was his son.
I read the book too. It is Holocaust Memorial week and I was shocked to note that 1 in 20 people in Britain do not believe the Holocaust ever happened. On Saturday I saw the film "The diary of Anne Frank." We hosted foreign students for 3 years and a German man told me that his daughters heard all about the Holocaust at school, and that the Germans caused 2 World Wars and the deaths of millions of people, not only Jews of course. Hitler had a lot to answer for.

CaroleAnne Mon 28-Jan-19 11:49:56

Good morning Mick and all Gransnetters. It is a beautiful sunny morning here in Warminster. Not much on today but will take a walk to the lake and embrace the crisp cold air. Have a lovely day everyone.

Urmstongran Mon 28-Jan-19 11:42:02

Good morning everyone from a very sunny South Manchester. We are quite cosy by the window as the sun is streaming in! Watched Les Mis last night before bed. I’m glad it’s the last one next Sunday. It’s very slow and a bit boring.

Twin2 Mon 28-Jan-19 11:21:16

Morning everyone. Bright and sunny here but cold.

Hope your feeling better Dragonfly.

My dental work started so posting with totally numb mouth. Unfortunately he couldn’t do it all, so antibiotics and back in 4 weeks.

Have a chilled day everyone

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 28-Jan-19 11:18:26

Good morning; cold and bright in east London. Tennis at lunchtime then collecting GD to bring here back here as the workmen are still in her house. On the day work started my DD was told not only would the kitchen be done but also the bathroom and the electrics all at the same time -15 days worth. Very jealous of holidays being planned - my only one so far is Bridlington in October half term- about 10 adults, 2 children and 3 dogs.

Harris27 Mon 28-Jan-19 10:52:00

Morning from the northeast as well. It's cold and nippy but fresh and dry off to work soon had lovely birthday yesterday but back to reality today enjoy everyone!

Anniebach Mon 28-Jan-19 10:16:10

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Nana3 Mon 28-Jan-19 09:59:08

Good morning everyone, bright and very cold again this morning in Lancashire.
I am going to reading group this morning, nice to have a reason to get moving.
Have a good day everyone.

Grammaretto Mon 28-Jan-19 09:50:09

Good morning from the very icy Scottish Borders. It's bright though which makes all the difference.
To a funeral this morning at the local church for a wonderful woman who'd had a rich and full life.
Have a good day everyone. Don't slip on the ice.

EllanVannin Mon 28-Jan-19 09:50:05

Good Morning All x
Lovely bright sunny but cold day here by the sea. Good day for washing my jumpers.

Watched a film last night which really left an impression. It was on BBC2 and called " The boy in the striped pyjamas ". In fact it preyed on my mind before I went to bed but I thankfully slept okay. Worth watching.

Hope the day goes well for everyone.

Susan56 Mon 28-Jan-19 09:38:34

Good morning from a bright but cold North Shropshire.A day of catching up with housework after a busy weekend.We have booked our holiday so sorting out insurance and airport parking today.Have a good day everyone.

Auntieflo Mon 28-Jan-19 09:26:00

Good morning Michael, Annie and all. Woke up to a lovely bright and sunny day here in Berks, having slept in. Looksas though it will be cold though.
My arm and shoulder are still quite sore and stiff, but it is getting better, slowly, and I also have a pounding head.
Nothing exciting today, usual Monday laundry and maybe a tidy up.
Michael, enjoy your holiday planning. We have a short break in April, that's all at the moment. I don't want to go abroad any more, so UK is our destination from now on.
Have a good day one and all.

oldgaijin Mon 28-Jan-19 08:58:34

Good morning all from a snowy Aberdeenshire...just a scatter, but enough to make life difficult.
Should have had oncologist today but the appointment has been rescheduled so shall attack some more cupboards and then, maybe, a wee trip to the dump...so cathartic!
Have a good day everyone and watch out for icy roads.