Gransnet forums

Chat

How naughty were you at school?

(129 Posts)
Millie8 Thu 21-Feb-19 22:45:06

Why I remembered this today, I can’t imagine. While at primary school, I found a poor little dead mouse on the playing field. Wanting to share my find, I picked it up by its tail and ran around wiggling it in front of everyone. Little did I know that Mrs Chalmers had been watching me from the staff room window. Back in class, she hauled me in front of the whole class (mortifying for little me who didn’t like to be seen or heard) and gave me a right dressing down, then told me how disgusting I was. When she demanded to know what I had done with the “despicable creature” I told her innocently, that I had put it in the bird’s nest on the nature table (right next to where she was standing) well, she went ballistic! Unfortunately, this all happened at lunchtime of parents evening………

Would love to hear what you all got up to!

4lyndon6 Mon 25-Feb-19 10:16:46

Domestic Science! My bestie friend in class (and still is 60 years on) threw a wet dishcloth at me as we were wiping down the white wooden table. I threw it back at her, just as Miss Pascoe turned round to see,so I was the one who got the detention!

wolfie1 Thu 28-Feb-19 11:20:50

LOL bet you could recite them all.

DoraMarr Thu 28-Feb-19 13:23:14

My best friend and I at my convent school were given a punishment (I can’t remember what for.) We were told to report to the scullery the next lunchtime to do the washing up. We thought this would be great fun: it was winter, and huddling in the playground didn’t appeal. I brought my tiny transistor radio in and we thought we would have fun chatting and listening to radio 1. However, the sister who usually did all the washing up and drying too didn’t leave us alone. She greeted us very kindly, then sat on a stool and opened her breviary, and spent the whole period in silent reading. We felt so guilty we worked in silence too.