Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop`s Kitrchen,a refuge and sanctuary for genteel folk

(1001 Posts)
Panache Sat 13-Apr-19 17:37:34

A place of great warmth,caring,and understanding,where love flows daily.

1inamillion Tue 14-May-19 21:07:46

Lina is just fine annsixty,Doodle and grannyquennie
I have been thinking of changing it as it's a damn silly name. DH chose it I think, so I blame him.

I like you too ann grin

Charleygirl5 Tue 14-May-19 21:03:10

Not good newsPanache but as others have d=said, Monday is not far away. In my life at present, if I blink it will be here.

*soop8 I hope you are following orders (not requests!) to rest. With luck McGarfield will return to inspect the menu.
TOYA

grannyqueenie Tue 14-May-19 20:55:18

Me too Ann and doodle is there a special gene that we 3 share?

Doodle Tue 14-May-19 20:11:13

Me too ann. I always see Lina too. ?

Doodle Tue 14-May-19 20:08:35

Disappointing news panache but Monday will c9me along soon. I do hope it’s a nice place.
Hello Galen. Is there any more champagne left on board or have you downed the lot ? Are you at Bergen today?

annsixty Tue 14-May-19 20:03:01

I really must "get this out " or I will burst.
I cannot think of 1inamillion as anything other than Lina
I thought that is what I read the first time you posted and that is still the name I see.
I must say I like you whatever you are called.

1inamillion Tue 14-May-19 19:16:07

Many Happy Returns Marydoll ???

That was disappointing for you Panache, never mind, Monday will soon be here.
That sounds like quite a visit to the Care Home, hope you have a restful evening Soop

cornergran Tue 14-May-19 18:40:28

Good for you dragonfly, we can't let the little ones out run or in this case out-cycle us.

I'm sorry you've had this disappointment panache, Monday isn't far away and it sounds as if there is no reason for that visit not to go as planned

Have you made the fjords yet Galen, we just loved the sail ins in the early morning, bliss. smile

Wondering how the trip to the solicitor went today ann, hope it was reassuring.

McGarfield knows you both care soop, he'll be back I'm sure. I hope you are getting more comfortable.

In a rush as its been a manic day so apologies for lack of sentences. Off out for the day tomorrow, a belated birthday trip, not that I am enjoying my new age, it doesn't feel 'right', oh well, can't change it grin.

TOYA and look after yourselves.

callgirl1 Tue 14-May-19 17:39:10

Happy Birthday Marydoll, and many more of em!
How disappointing Panache regarding the viewing, almost another week to wait now.
Welcome back Dragonfly, have you got your breath back yet?
Soop, keep on resting and taking care of yourself, we need you and your "joie de vivre" up and running again as good as new.

soop Tue 14-May-19 17:35:25

Panache Thank you for finding the time to update us. Us lot felt sure that you would be feeling more upbeat having seen the apartment this afternoon. Never mind, Monday it will be. May the sun continue to shine upon you.

Galen Behave! wink

Today has been almost perfect in every sense. Wall to wall sunshine. A short visit to the care home with MacSporran. We helped to calm a few ruffled feathers and managed to get two residents to cease throwing a strop and apologise to the carer who was doing her very best to be supportive. We call that, a result.

McGarfield visited last night. MacSporran was thrilled. It was an early morning call. He, the cat, is a magnificent specimen. MacSporran is also a fine figure of a man. grin

Time to log off. MacSporran has a Village Hall meeting tonight.

Toya smile moon

allassinsane Tue 14-May-19 17:26:29

Hope you soon start to feel a bit better soop.

Also flowers to all those with worries or health problems, either themselves or loved ones.

Happy Birthday Marydoll cupcake

annsixty Tue 14-May-19 17:21:22

How disappointing to be let down like that Panache
I would hardly be able to contain myself with the wait.

dragonfly46 Tue 14-May-19 16:58:02

Panache how disappointing about your viewing. I do hope it goes ahead on Monday. We would all be much happier if you were settled in your new abode.

TOYA!

Galen Tue 14-May-19 16:49:36

TOYA

Panache Tue 14-May-19 16:11:26

Grant me some time!!!

What a plethora of lovely pictures,so uplifting and thank you all for sharing.
Great photograph Kitty with your husband obviously,looking very happy might I say.

A very happy birthday Marydoll and most of all may you feel very much better in your health.

Life has taken off here it is absolutely bedlam,my dear one is a real trier but it is pityful seeing him in just months reduced to a mere skeleton,almost a complete invalid but that his spirit makes sure he manages to stumble along just a little.The aids offered and brought to our home have proved such a blessing.

Any quiet moment I start thinking and could easily get very depressed and maudling........so its just as well for the immediate future I have more than enough to keep me occupied.Already I have lost another dress size or even more......am more like a stick insect!!

The news re the Apartment is a little disappointing in that today`s viewing had to be cancelled, as the entire occupants were going on one of their trips out and about, so there was no one to show me around!
However re arranged for Monday when it will be vacated completely.

Glorious weather which is certainly cheery and it is so good to get this little break.

You all remain very much in my thoughts and I wish you all good health and much happiness,longing for the day I can spend more time with you all.

soop Tue 14-May-19 13:47:24

Welcome back dragonfly...you did yourself right proud. Enjoy some peace and tranquility. sunshine

soop Tue 14-May-19 13:43:04

Happy birthday to dear Mary Doll flowers

Panache all good wishes to you both for today's viewing.

Anne Your husband is back where he belongs. We two have decided to have our ashes together on the beach...in due course.

Nannyt If you are in any doubt regarding your eye - return for a second opinion just as soon as you can. Eyes are far too precious. x

granniequeenie Skye is as beautiful as ever. But, the visitor numbers have caused some problems on the narrow roads that were not intended for heavy traffic.

allassinsane A lovely post. You've visited some stunning locations in Scotland. We hope to do a little more adventuring this summer.
I haven't used my paints since the cancer diagnosis. I fully intend doing so once I feel on top of the fatigue.

allassinsane Tue 14-May-19 12:18:53

granniequeenie hope you have good weather when you visit Skye, it makes all the difference! It really is beautiful. I can recommend Barra, outer hebrides, though it does take almost 5hrs on the ferry from Oban to get there, but we love the ferries and island hopping around the west coast of Scotland.

The beaches on Barra are gorgeous, as they are in many parts of Scotland. Clear turquoise sea and white shell sand. We did have fantastic weather for the week we were there so that helped! sunshine

dragonfly46 Tue 14-May-19 11:18:20

Hello everyone - I am back from my travels to London and Brighton and feeling knackered. Chasing a 4 year old on a bike makes you realise you are not as young as you were!

Happy Birthday Marydoll you have a lovely sunny day!

Loving all the pictures especially the one of you kittylester and mrlester.

Sorry to hear you are still suffering soop. It seems there is no effective treatment without side effects. I hope you manage to get your energy up to par soon though.

Nannytopsy I would definitely get your eye looked at again. Our sight is very precious.

Ann I am pleased your DH is back with you and hopeful that your trip to the lawyer may encourage you to go out on your own more often. Maybe all you need is to do it once.

galen good to see you back and hope you have a wonderful holiday.

To anybody I have missed TOYA!

Doodle Tue 14-May-19 11:16:11

marydoll happy birthday. Have a lovely day with your family. ??? party Many happy returns ?
nannyt sorry your eye hasn’t improved. Must be painful. Perhaps it is worth checking with someone. Hope it gets better soon.

annodomini Tue 14-May-19 11:13:07

Happy birthday, Marydoll and many happy returns. wine flowers

Feelingmyage55 Tue 14-May-19 11:00:44

A very, very happy birthday marydoll.

Marydoll Tue 14-May-19 10:58:16

Thank you all for your good wishes. I plan to have a lovely, gentle day with DH and DGD. A few weeks ago, I thought I wouldn't see this birthday, I'm so glad to be on here posting.
I'm just back from the hairdressers and feel a new woman!
What a fuss they all made of me!

A very special thank you to one of the kitcheners, who organised a very special gift for me. You know who you are! wink

My very best wishes to all who are suffering or have family troubles.
Have a good day,all.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 14-May-19 10:00:35

Happy Birthday Marydoll ????

MawBroonsback Tue 14-May-19 09:46:29

Happy Birthday Marydoll!
I hope your recent troubles are behind you and that you have a lovely day!

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion