Gransnet forums

Chat

Soops Kitchen , kindness and cake served with love. Come on in !

(1001 Posts)
NanaandGrampy Wed 15-May-19 22:11:23

Oooooh I’m all excited now......

NanaandGrampy Thu 20-Jun-19 09:05:56

Time for a new kitchen ! See you there xx

NanaandGrampy Thu 20-Jun-19 09:05:39

Lol if there’s foodinvolved Charley he’ll be ready !!

Charleygirl5 Thu 20-Jun-19 09:01:40

N&G I knew that poor dog needed a good holiday with loads of cuddles. That poor paw and now no treats? No wonder his suitcase is packed.
TOYA

NanaandGrampy Thu 20-Jun-19 08:52:52

Morning all,

Ooooh Dunkin Donuts ( I love them so much I’ll even forgive the spelling lol) , thanks Massimo ! Did you have a lovely time?

Sorry to hear the meal was a disappointment ann , when going out is a treat it’s always sad when the food isn’t up to your expectations but at least you enjoyed the company .

Sam’s Paw doesn’t seem to be troubling him , thank you for asking Lins , I suspect it was a tiny thorn or something thT the skin enveloped and then it was swollen by infection as the immune system tried to fight off the foreign body . Sam has to los 1/2 kg according to the vet to be at his optimum weight so he’s looking a bit ‘hangdog’ today as treats are in short supply !

We are off bro wry shopping as we have the pleasure of both our daughters company without families this weekend. Can’t tell you how much we are looking forward to that.

See you all in the new kitchen x

Nannytopsy Thu 20-Jun-19 04:12:35

Relax Corner, I am sure you will provide a feast! I always make too much when visitors come but it means an easy meal next day!
Woken by the dog at 3, still awake at 4 ☹️ and now the cat has come to say hello. On the up side, the dawn is breaking with clear skies. Gardening today!
Have a good day everyone, TOYA, particularly the Panaches.

cornergran Wed 19-Jun-19 23:27:56

Evening All. Good, you’re all still here, no hunting for a new kitchen tonight.

Oh dear greyd, these things are certainly meant to try us. Still, good there’s nothing awry. My Dexa scan was a doddle by comparison, a nice lie down, fully clothed, and a pleasant scanning person to chat to. In the hospital for less than 30 minutes, how lucky was that?

It’s infuriating when a meal out is disappointing ann, still good company and a glass of wine makes two out of three positives. Not bad. smile.

Welcome back mamissimo, hope the donuts keep for elevenses tomorrow. I do enjoy a donut, as my waistline will testify.

It’s been a funny old day here, just the odd shower but oh so grey. Not a sign of brightness. I’ve been straining what’s left of my brain trying to work out what to feed extra mouths on Friday. Family I see rarely who are excellent cooks. Oh dear, getting ever so slightly panicky now although I keep reminding myself it’s lunch not a state banquet. hmm.

TOYA, be good everyone.

callgirl1 Wed 19-Jun-19 23:16:38

Welcome Carillion. My husband`s favourite piece of brass band music was Cornet Carillion, which does indeed sound like the pealing of bells.
Ann, sorry your meal wasn`t up to scratch, but it did save you having to cook. And get your head out of that bucket, it sounds like you`re trapped in a dark, hollow chamber!
TOYA

Lins1066 Wed 19-Jun-19 22:35:12

Welcome Carillion, you are very welcome. My family love Brittany and have spent many happy holidays there.
Hope Sam's paw is better NanaandGrampy, he's a lovely dog.
I've been resting a bit today after the hydrotherapy session yesterday, my foot is sore. Tomorrow I have a dental check up, hope all goes well.
It has been a dry day with us and a sunny afternoon, blue sky.
Have a restful night everyone and TOYA, particularly the Panaches ?

Charleygirl5 Wed 19-Jun-19 21:33:35

Alygran what a beautiful garden.

ann so sorry the food was not up to standard but at least you had a good time and enjoyed the company.

I had a very pleasant coffee morning with 3 GNs.

Otherwise grey, murky and some rain. Marvellous.

Welcome Carillion you will soon get to know us lot.

Mamissimo Wed 19-Jun-19 21:23:29

Hello! Have I missed anything?
We’ve been on a wonderful holiday in New England and I nipped into Dunkin Donuts for a selection box - donuts for everyone ?

Alygran Wed 19-Jun-19 20:13:06

Greyduster thank you for the heads up about Wentworth Castle gardens, I called yesterday on the way from Harrogate to Glossop. I have been before but it was a lovely stop on my journey. Sadly I didn’t have my camera so no photos of the baby deer. Also the lanyard holding the info cards rubbed my top which is now destined for the bin!
Ann having spent 24 hours in your neck of the woods the only use of a bucket is to catch the rain! Hope you have some sunshine now.
Was in Manchester this morning. DGS was taking part in the school concert with the Halle at Bridgewater Hall. So much fun and hopefully inspiring for the 10 year olds playing. Drove home to proper June weather and did a bit of gardening.
Welcome Carillion, the kitchen is the seat of kindness and care, not to mention cake. I don’t post much but try to keep up.
Thinking of you all (TOYA) .

Greyduster Wed 19-Jun-19 19:46:54

Hello! You lot still here? I expected to find a nice new kitchen by now. I have had an interesting day - not! DH said he fancied a day out, so I said “Why don’t we go to that nice private hospital? I fancy a colonoscopy! And you can get free hot chocolate and coffee while you wait for me!” So we did. It was on the NHS of course, and as we had to wait an hour beyond our appointment time DH was wondering if the NHS’s cheque had bounced! It’s not the most fun you can have with your clothes off, but at least I got a clean bill of health, which made all the fasting and, er, hmm other stuff almost worth it!

Welcome Carillion, you new Kitchener! Hello and goodbye really until we open a new kitchen. I like any cake, by the way; not fussy me!

Kitty my DH doesn’t always hear all the beeping flashing things that go off in our car either! I sometimes think we are living on borrowed time in car parks. Or it’s “Why is it making that noise?” “Because you’re nearly in the back seat of the car in front, beloved! Drop back a bit!”

Ann I hope you have put the bucket away and your head is held high, which is where it should be!

That’s all from me for now - I think I need to find a cushion to sit on! I will wish you a pleasant evening.

Carillion Wed 19-Jun-19 19:02:51

Okey dokey Kittylesterand thank you for the info.
I've left some scones, pear and lemon jam and prosseco. Hoping this will transfer to the next journey and wanted to thank you, ' annsixty, Gravy Granny, NanaandGrampy and Doodle for lovely welcomes. X

kittylester Wed 19-Jun-19 18:37:45

carillion, we maybe should warn you that this kitchen will close when the number of posts reaches 1000.

Someone (usually soop who opened the first kitchen as a place of kindness and support) will open a new one. They usually leave empty wine bottles and cake crumbs as a trail for the rest of us to follow.

soop is away gallivanting in the Highlands so someone else will.

I dont know whether anyone mentioned that is customary for newbies to bring lots of cake on their first visit! Just saying!grin

Carillion Wed 19-Jun-19 17:53:50

Hello KittyLester I got the moniker from my step grandson, Oliver who was told Carillion was a 'tinkling of bells' at his nursery and instead of calling me 'Grandma Cath' which was easier to understand than Catriona I became Carillion, which I love! And may I say thank you so much for your welcome.
It's been a cold and wet day here in Brittany, ever hopeful for tomorrow..x

Doodle Wed 19-Jun-19 17:04:43

Welcome carillion. Hope you enjoy your time on GN.
Shame about your meal ann (you weren’t wearing your bucket hat at the time were you? ?)
Ah kitty you should realise now that you are always to blame. ? At least you don’t have toothache anymore.
Went to see our grandpuppy today. He’s a cockerpoo. Last time I saw him we had a lovely cuddle. He’s so soft and fluffy and a beautiful caramel colour. I did remark at the time he had quite large paws........ boy has he grown. 3 months old and a very advanced member of the Tigger school of bouncing, if you know what I mean. I think he remembered me ...well he was very pleased to see me, so much so that he launched himself straight over the top of the coffee table to land on top of me on the sofa ?. He is lovely though and is being trained at the moment, although whether they are training him or he is training them, remains to be seen.?

kittylester Wed 19-Jun-19 17:02:46

Ann as maw said, it's good not to have to cook but disappointing when you could have done better. Still, you got out and had good company!
And wine

Topsy, I think the latest plan is for DD3 to get married at the top of the Eiffel Tower but they won't need your parlezing services as it's in Las Vegas!! I'm sad they haven't opted for the gondola option or even a drive through! grin

Nannytopsy Wed 19-Jun-19 16:46:09

Kitty of course it was your fault! Glad the tooth has gone and I hope you heal quickly. J’ai parle-d Francais this afternoon and have plenty of homework for next week. Bienvenu carillion!

MawBroonsback Wed 19-Jun-19 16:12:53

Isn’t it disappointing Annsixty ?
I always hope for, indeed, expect better than I could produce at home and do feel let down when the meal,falls short.
However, it is the company that matters (and having it all cooked by somebody else) and a glass of wine helps too!
I am so glad you are getting out and picking up the pieces of your life flowers

annsixty Wed 19-Jun-19 15:23:49

Just back from ,sorry to say it, a very mediocre pub lunch.
However the company and the chat was good.
I did have a glass of wine and now must get out of my "glad rags" and do something useful.
The rain hasn't materialised and it is rather warm but also overcast.

NanaandGrampy Wed 19-Jun-19 13:10:20

Afternoon all !!

Welcome Carrillion ( love the name !) , all are welcome to pull up a chair here for a chat AND if you bring virtual cake you'll be doubly welcome !!

No need for the bucket Ann , Laughter is the best medicine after all and if it were all doom and gloom here we'd soon all be pretty down.

Kitty, I had the leg of lamb yesterday when it took Grampy 20 mins to choose garden canes for the beans.... I'm sure he must have heard me creeping up on him as he finally made a decision !! So you can have it now if it helps !Sorry to hear about the car but OBVIOUSLY it was your fault !!! Grampy once filled my diesel car with Petrol and I wasn't even there and it was my fault !

Luckily my daughters don't have ex's ( I say lucky because I threatened the boys when they proposed - in the nicest possible way of course :-) - you take 'em - you keep 'em !!!) and if they did , there's that handy ditch at the bottom of the garden...….. I shall say no more !!

Im off to the hairdressers- so back later ! Don't forget to open a new kitchen if we run out of room :-)

kittylester Wed 19-Jun-19 12:30:19

This was obviously my fault corner as I suggested that car park rather than his preferred one on the other side of town. grin

cornergran Wed 19-Jun-19 11:31:12

And breathe kitty. Reminds me of the time Mr C managed to run into the back of the car in front while collecting a birthday cake for me. Guess whose fault it was? Pleased the troublesome tooth will trouble you no more.

No need for the bucket ann smile. I’m trying hard to emulate your ability to sustain relationships after a marriage ends. Not sure I’m succeeding which makes me sad.

Hello carillion, welcome. You’re a brave soul moving to a new country, just being in a new town has had its moments in cornerland.

Lovely rose greyd, our climber looks better for some tidying. Still no sun here, where’s it gone?

I’m supposed to be cleaning. Seem to prefer sitting this morning. Oh well, best get on, this wont get the baby a new bonnet as my Mum was fond of saying

TOYA and be good everyone.

annodomini Wed 19-Jun-19 11:07:08

kitty, thank you: I shall henceforth think of my sister's awful ex as 'Arsenal'.
ann, please don't get your head stuck in in that bucket. You would terrify poor Molly. ?

kittylester Wed 19-Jun-19 10:19:02

Welcome, carillion. My friend is our town Carillonneur (sp?)

I refuse to be friends with DD3's ex but I do think it's a great thing to do if you can manage it. Mind you, I didnt like him when they were married. grin I was messaging my brother about him using my own personal name for him. My phone didnt like it and changed it to Arsenal! grin

Lovely photos gd. Our garden is very green but with not much in the way of colourful flowers.

I had my troublesome tooth out yesterday with no pain at all. The same cannot be said for DH's parking yesterday which resulted in a lovely yellow stripe down my car. He didnt hear the beeping of the sensors even when they reached panic mode as he was thinking about something else. angry

Who has the leg of lamb? grin

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion