Gransnet forums

Chat

What are you doing this evening?

(74 Posts)
DoraMarr Sat 01-Jun-19 20:46:35

I’m going to have a g&t on the balcony and admire the sunset, then watch “Montalbano.” Then a nice early night with some short stories by Graham Greene.
To think in my teenage years, twenties and even thirties I thought it was really sad to be in on a Saturday night!

Hampshirehog Sat 08-Jun-19 10:00:43

That sounds lovely Mamissimo! I've planned a BBQ with the family as it's my birthday today but the weather doesn't look good so I think my DH may be cooking outside while we eat inside!

Mamissimo Sat 08-Jun-19 02:11:54

I’ve been eating freshly steamed lobster on the dock in Boothbay, Maine, USA

suziewoozie Fri 07-Jun-19 22:20:09

I’ve just had coffee and chocolates and am now going to watch Montalbano on catch up. I expect the weather there is warmer

Anniebach Fri 07-Jun-19 22:17:48

Playing Killer Sudoku, again

MiniMoon Fri 07-Jun-19 22:13:20

In fed up of feeling cold. It's wet and windy here. Had the heating on for an hour. Been watching another episode of Good Omens on Amazon prime video. Finished my Tunisian crochet phone cosy. It just needs a button now.

tanith Fri 07-Jun-19 21:29:49

I’m knitting and writing a birthday card for a Gt GS I couldn’t remember if he was 3 or 4 had to text my daughter and she had to check too ?. Nothing on tv so was going to continue with GOT only to find out it’s no longer available on NOW tv only series 8 is there I could cry I’m halfway through season 7 buggeration ???.

merlotgran Fri 07-Jun-19 21:20:31

Also watching GW with a large wine then we'll catch up with Summer of Rockets on iPlayer.

Sar53 Fri 07-Jun-19 21:11:24

We are also watching the football. DH has a nasty cold and not feeling too good. It's been a wet miserable day. Hope the weekend is better.

joannapiano Fri 07-Jun-19 21:05:45

We’re watching France v South Korea in the women’s football World Cup, on BBC. France are three goals up and seem to be very good. Still a bit rainy here and cat and rabbit snoring on the rug in the conservatory.

grumppa Fri 07-Jun-19 20:53:52

Monty Don's dog is looking a bit floppy tonight. Drugged by the camera crew?

KatyK Fri 07-Jun-19 20:42:00

Sitting here watching Gardeners' World. Moving piece about a WW2 veteran in The Peace Orchard of Coventry which he helped set up in memory of his fallen comrades.

annep1 Fri 07-Jun-19 20:37:16

In bed all day unfortunately recovering from evening with friends (CFS). Just been watching Summer of Rockets too. Sudden violence. Hand in front of Eyes time. Good though.

DoraMarr Fri 07-Jun-19 20:05:12

I’ve just said goodnight to my three grandchildren who ( we hope!) are settling down in our holiday house, and I’m having a glass of wine in anticipation of a nice supper cooked by my daughters and sons in law. Then some of us are going to play Scrabble.

Gonegirl Fri 07-Jun-19 20:02:36

I have been cold this afternoon so I have lit my wood burner. DH fetched fish and chips, so I am now warm and full. Might continue with Summer of Rockets.

silverlining48 Fri 07-Jun-19 19:58:29

Its been a very wet and miserable day. Already in my pj's about to watch monty don and then catch up with wednesdays final episide of virtue, that is if i can work out how to do it. No alcohol so far.

BBbevan Fri 07-Jun-19 18:57:10

Cold and very, very wet here. Nothing much on television, or on the recorder. So might watch a bit of GOTH. ( we are only on series 4) I don't feel like knitting, so may go to bed early and finish reading my book. It has rained here, on and off since Tuesday. Everything is sodden. Oh for some warm sun

Abigailmckd Fri 07-Jun-19 14:32:52

Anne are you sixty

grannylyn65 Mon 03-Jun-19 00:13:09

Watching Flash with No 1 son

BradfordLass72 Sun 02-Jun-19 23:44:12

Off to Google 'Tunisian crochet' - not that my eyes would be up to doing it but I shall certainly try. smile

Urmstongran Sun 02-Jun-19 22:09:35

We’ve been out for a curry. Walked home and instead of passing the Spanish bar beneath our apartment we called in for a nightcap! Sometimes it seems rude not to.
?

All credit to you BlueSapphire for finding the positives in life whilst navigating them on your own. Bet your husband would have been proud of you this evening. x

dragonfly46 Sun 02-Jun-19 22:07:19

Lovely

dragonfly46 Sun 02-Jun-19 21:55:08

Last night I went to a barn dance and danced until midnight. In between we sat outside drinking wine.

This is not the norm for me so it made a love change!

MiniMoon Sun 02-Jun-19 21:29:39

Greyduster, where does the wind go in the evening? It's blown here all day, now it's gone.
DH and are are settled on the sofa watching BGT. I'm also practicing some Tunisian crochet stitches.

DoraMarr Sun 02-Jun-19 21:28:01

I’m having a glass of wine with a spaghetti carbonara after putting my grandaughter to bed very late (shh! Don’t tell mum and dad!)

BlueSapphire Sun 02-Jun-19 21:23:47

DoraMarr, it would have been perfect if DH were here!