Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(36 Posts)
12Michael Wed 05-Jun-19 06:20:09

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a nice bright sunny start here in Brackley this morning.
Quiet day, small shop, get prescriptions and maybe by a pie made locally , as we have a pie shop in the town.
Even the small ones at £4 are enough to get two meals out of on my own.
There is more filling than like many commercial ones , which seem to contain less ,eat /veg content .
Mick

Rufus2 Thu 06-Jun-19 12:53:56

We have an excellent butcher in the next village, who makes his own delicious beef plate pies and traditional pork pies.
Lovely! Mick; are you in Melton Mowbray Pork Pie country? Eaten cold they were/are delicious. We can get them, but cost a fortune.sad.
But, as I've long believed, especially in culinary matters, one skilled professional will always beat a dozen enthusiastic amateurs! grin Enjoy!

Legs55 Wed 05-Jun-19 11:47:50

Good morning all from a sunny windy & lots of clouds as well Devon. I've been up since 7 not good when I was still reading at 2.30 done a bit of gardening, tidying up spent Forget-Me-Nots to give the rest of the plants some air, had to come in for coffee as my back was aching.

I need to give my Orchids some TLC today, also shed needs sorting out if it stays fine, if not the ironing is beckoninghmm

whywhywhy Wed 05-Jun-19 11:37:00

Good morning from East Northamptonshire. It's a bit cloudy and blustery here this morning. Not doing much today as I feel so down in the dumps. Sending love to everyone. x

Mapleleaf Wed 05-Jun-19 11:33:22

Good morning everyone.

I’m late today - overslept, but obviously needed it, as I’m usually up and about quite early.
It’s grey and breezy here at the moment, and looks as if it might rain, though we got plenty yesterday afternoon and evening.

I’ve got some ironing to finish and some baking to do today.

We have an excellent butcher in the next village, who makes his own delicious beef plate pies and traditional pork pies. They are all very good and sell well. As you say, Mick, the commercial ones lack filling., (also not sure just what goes in them). The ones I get from my butcher are full of tasty meat. In fact, I bought one of his frozen ones to go in the freezer as a quick meal for when we are in a rush or running low on other food.

Those of you going out on trips today, I hope you have a lovely time.

Enjoy your day. ?

PamGeo Wed 05-Jun-19 10:59:54

Morning everyone, not such an early start today, I managed 9 o clock though smile Pies Mick , oh my what an idea for tea.
Everyone sounds busy and bustling, I'm getting ready to go to Hobbycraft for some cotton to knit with. I can't knit very well but it's for a friend who is virtually trapped at the local hospital with her young very ill daughter who is anorexic. My heart goes out to her but as visits aren't allowed for now I'll just be dropping off so she can keep herself busy.

moggie57 Wed 05-Jun-19 10:36:16

getting better ,getting up earlier and doing chores first.mid morning breakfast fills me up for the day.got to go to charity shop today to get the window display ready for d-day celebrations..still tired from kidney problems .but need to keep hydrated today .off to eastbourne friday and worthing on saturday ,and church on sunday.got to make appointments for eyes/teeth and doctors.bye for now ...love seeing problems from other people. am patient and understanding.

henetha Wed 05-Jun-19 10:32:00

I'm in Ireland and it's raining. It rained yesterday too.

Auntieflo Wed 05-Jun-19 10:19:34

Morning Michael, Annie and all. We have a chap here today, replacing all the hinges on our kitchen cupboard doors, with soft closing ones. I now feel a bit like a fish out of water, as the kitchen is sort of full up!
Michael I love the sound of your pie, and although I’m not hungry, I could just eat one, right now.
Have more washing on the line and hoping it will stay dry.
Have a good day one and all.

aggie Wed 05-Jun-19 09:10:43

Good morning , soggy cold and dull out there .
We have a tiny farm shop in the village and they sell local butchers pies and they are so much tastier than the supermarket ones

Anniebach Wed 05-Jun-19 08:53:36

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

More rain in Mid Wales

Hope everyone has a good day x

teabagwoman Wed 05-Jun-19 08:42:56

Good morning all. I’m back at my d’s where it’s clouding over. Gd has a bad case of tonsillitis so am looking after them both. All this talk of pies is making me envy! Maw you will love Burghley, wonderful house.

Urmstongran Wed 05-Jun-19 08:34:04

Good morning everyone from a windy Malaga! Last night when I was watching 63Up on tv the swallows were screeching and displaying their usual acrobatic prowess. They swoop so very near to the windows.

Then .... one flew in onto the balcony - half the windows were folded back open. Not sure if it had faltered in the blowy conditions, buffeted further than intended.

It wasn’t huge, only a youngster but I don’t like wild birds ‘up close’ anyway and seeing it flapping on our floor tiles scared me a bit. I jumped up and shut the patio door tight leaving my brave husband who had been sat there reading, to deal with it as best as!

Up close it had a small head, only a small wingspan and the distinctive forked tail feathers. It was sleek, looked al OST oily - like seal skin.

After 2 or 3 minutes, which seemed longer to me and probably even longer to the flapping bird, he managed to grip it and shoo it upwards into the air where it took flight.

Hurrah! I didn’t reopen the patio doors for a while .....
?

Hope Wednesday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Pittcity Wed 05-Jun-19 08:21:36

Good morning from sunny, for the moment, Colchester. Variable weather forecast today.
Missing coffee meetup to spend the morning with DS as it's his birthday. Watching the Dakota flypast locally this afternoon.

Harris27 Wed 05-Jun-19 08:19:01

Good morning from sunny NE. Rained all night got leak on roof just small one but needs attention more money! Dreaming of Saturday and chats worth day out. Counting the days working till Friday same here gillybob!

Marydoll Wed 05-Jun-19 08:04:21

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow, at least it's not raining.

A quiet day for me, BP still too high and still feeling very much under the weather.
I'm very far behind in the garden, and it's annoying me, so if it stays dry, I will just potter about.
Grammaretto, I too am at war with the slugs! Despite taking measures, I noticed the have been nibbling my cauliflower plants. angry

Good luck with the tooth, NanKate.
Enjoy your day everyone, whatever your plans.

Lins1066 Wed 05-Jun-19 07:48:55

Good Morning all, lovely and bright here on S Wales Coast.

Going to watch the D Day commemoration this morning from Portsmouth. Our neighbour was involved and later was one of the first troops to go into Belsen, he was only 18, imagine that. Brave men all.

Have a good day everyone.

Mythbirtthedragon Wed 05-Jun-19 07:45:42

Good morning from east London, looking bright but clouds are hovering. Tennis this morning (thankfully my arm feels better this morning than last night after I potted up the rest of the tomato plants). School pick up and gymnastics (for GD) later on then may head back for a fund raising meeting at the tennis club; the plastic dome that enables us to play through the winter has just about reached its end. Have a good day.

ninathenana Wed 05-Jun-19 07:42:12

Good morning, from a very overcast Kent.
If it stays like this we will have no hope of seeing the fly past this afternoon. They will only be in the distance anyway.
We too have a good pie shop in town Mick which has been there for as long as I can remembet.
Driving DH to and from jobs and some housework in between.
Have a good day.

EllanVannin Wed 05-Jun-19 07:40:51

Oooooh, a watery-looking sun has just come out.

EllanVannin Wed 05-Jun-19 07:39:15

Good morning All x
Well at least it's stopped raining so far but right now it doesn't look promising. The rain didn't stop yesterday, it was horrible. What a come-down from last years summer !

Will be seeing GG ( twins ) today after school as it's their 13th birthday. When they were born in 2006 it was supposed to have been the 6th of June for their inducement but GD had asked for the 5th instead because of ( 6/6/2006 )666. They weighed 4lb each but fit and well

Not sure what today holds but I'll see how it goes.
Hope everyone has a good day. Mick made me feel hungry talking about his pies so I'll just get stuck into my crumpets.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 05-Jun-19 07:38:46

Good morning all x

I have “pie envy” Mick.

Maw enjoy Burghley.

I have woken up with a horrendous headache and sneezes hope they disappear soon.

Have a good day folks x

gillybob Wed 05-Jun-19 07:38:38

Good morning from a bright and sunny NE coast. It has been raining heavily since yesterday late afternoon but finally the sky has cleared and the sun is out. sunshine

I’m so glad you finally got your hot water sorted BlueSapphire I bet that shower felt wonderful ! Also glad to hear you’re finally getting that pesky tooth out NanKate.

Lovely to hear about all the visits to stately homes, gardens and packing for holidays . I confess to being a teensy bit envy hope you have a great time everyone.

I’m off to “that place” again today. My week is all topsy turvy as I was sure it was Thursday today .....gutted that it’s only Wednesday.

Have a good day everyone. x

Alygran Wed 05-Jun-19 07:34:04

Good morning from bright and breezy North Yorkshire.
Off to the market first thing to pick up a frame for a picture for DD1, then off to the pie factory! I am a trustee of the charity they have chosen to be their charity of the year.
Then I am driving up Swaledale to join a walking group ramble at Muker followed by dinner in the pub.
Hope you enjoy your pie Mick and the day is a good one for everyone.

oldgaijin Wed 05-Jun-19 07:26:34

Good morning from a dreich, wet Aberdeenshire...never mind flaming June, it's soggy November.
Shall finish the ironing later then diabetic clinic this afternoon before ceramics class this evening. The mutt will still expect a romp in the woods this morning so the car will smell of wet dog...nice. At least he now has a short coat so should dry quickly.
Have a good day everyone.

NanKate Wed 05-Jun-19 07:24:56

Morning Mick and All.

Bright sunshine in South Bucks.

My dodgy tooth comes out today hurray ?

Your pie sounds good Mick.