Gransnet forums

Chat

Excess packaging

(4 Posts)
MiniMoon Fri 07-Jun-19 09:42:57

At Christmas that South American river company sent me a dinosaur excavation kit for GS 1. No packaging whatsoever. They stuck the address label to the box. I applauded them, but it took me ages to peel off the label.
So they don't over-package things every time.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 07-Jun-19 09:18:40

Totally agree, 90% of packaging from that company that’s a long river in South America is unnecessary!!

Luckygirl Fri 07-Jun-19 08:59:57

It is not just plastic - I have a garage full of cardboard as I do much of my shopping online. Huge boxes for tiny things - just plain crazy.

I know they are recycled and recyleable; but they simply were not necessary in the first place!

ditzyme Fri 07-Jun-19 08:56:01

Do you get sick and tired of the over-use of plastic, the sheer stupidity of companies who just use bubble wrap, and other plastic items such as mailing bags, for tiny contents which could have gone in a small padded envelope, or even a plain one in the case of unbreakables. Attached is a photo.... two rawlplug type fixings, three inches long, and a two foot square piece of bubble wrap, contained in a plastic posting bag. And what make it even more ridiculous is the fact that the plugs had fallen out of the bubble wrap!
Do you get sick and tired of the over-use of plastic, the sheer stupidity of companies who just use bubble wrap, and other plastic items such as mailing bags, for tiny contents which could have gone in a small padded envelope, or even a plain one in the case of unbreakables. Attached is a photo.... two rawlplug type fixings, three inches long, and a two foot square piece of bubble wrap, contained in a plastic posting bag. And what make it even more ridiculous is the fact that the plugs had fallen out of the bubble wrap!
v