Gransnet forums

Chat

7 up

(5 Posts)
EllanVannin Fri 07-Jun-19 17:00:19

All lovely people in their own way with such different and varying backgrounds. I've enjoyed the series from when it first began. Looking forward to the next ? 70, perhaps ? If I live to 85/6 that is. Never say never.

KatyK Fri 07-Jun-19 14:44:10

Crossed posts smile

KatyK Fri 07-Jun-19 14:43:49

Daffonana There is already a thread on this on the TV, Radio, Film & Arts forum.

humptydumpty Fri 07-Jun-19 14:42:30

Daffonanna if you search for "63 Up" you'll see an existing thread on this series with lots of inrerresting comments.

Daffonanna Fri 07-Jun-19 14:22:21

I’ve watched this since the beginning , not generally keen on reality TV but this is different . Those little children have grown up a few years behind me and experienced many of the changes that I have . I feel their lives must have been influenced to some extent by the series , and I understand the choice to drop out in some cases . Watching 63 I felt real affection for all of them . Michael Apted asked them if they could see the child in the person they had become . I could see it , and it was reassuring to see how awkward shy or slightly arrogant young people grow into very warm generous human beings.
I’m grateful to all of them for giving us a mirror in which to see ourselves, and confirming that our post war generation still have a lot to offer .