Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(43 Posts)
12Michael Sun 09-Jun-19 06:17:32

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a blue sky but cloudy over Brackley this morning.
Yesterday I did manage to get to Bicester and Buckingham doing my usual, but the weather had played its part with only 2 stallholders , and they set up later than the usual time.
Today, another local pie for lunch with chips and peas plus gravy.
The traditional Sunday roast in my case is resaved for the odd eat out at a pub, or on my coach trip holiday hotels.
Mick

dragonfly46 Sun 09-Jun-19 12:43:59

Good morning all from a very warm sunny Leicestershire. The washing is drying on the line so all is well with the world. Cleaning my oven today and throwing stuff away. I am always more active in the sunshine.

Beautiful pictures Bellasnana it reminds me of my daughter's wedding in Dubrovnic two years ago where my son could not be there with his wife as they had just lost a baby. It made for a bitter sweet time.

Nannyfaraway Sun 09-Jun-19 11:10:35

Good morning all. I haven't been around for a while as been on holiday to Portugal. Got back in the early hours this morning and just woken up to a sunny day

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 09-Jun-19 10:16:17

Good morning from east London, bright here at the moment but forecast says could be rain later. I hope not as I’m preparing the tea for our ladies match this afternoon. I did think if it gets rained off, I could use it tomorrow for the mixed team match but forecast is worse then (black clouds with raindrops). I will watch as much of the French open as I can; like others I have a strong leaning to Nadal. Have a good day.

Legs55 Sun 09-Jun-19 10:11:20

Good morning all from cloudy Devon, sun is trying to break through. I will try & get out in the garden today, Forget-Me-Nots need pulling out now but lots of plants growing through them, slow going but worthwhile. DGS1 has his Grading for Martial Arts today so fingers crossed he does well.

Chicken Curry for Dinner today, nice & easysmile

gillybob Sun 09-Jun-19 10:06:38

A very late good morning from the NE coast. We went on a “booze cruise” along the Tyne last night in aid of the RNLI.

Photo taken as we passed under the famous Newcastle bridges . I’m feeling a teensy bit delicate this morning, hence the late post.

Have a good Sunday everyone x

Sprout Sun 09-Jun-19 09:45:52

Morning Mick and all. Sun shining here in Kent conservatory doors open. What a change from yesterday. Quiet day today. Hope everyone ok and people feeling poorly the sunshine helps

BlueSapphire Sun 09-Jun-19 09:41:42

A picture of DD playing her flute at last night's concert. She is on the left.

annsixty Sun 09-Jun-19 09:38:55

Beautiful family and obviously a very happy day Bella
Every good wish to the newlyweds.

BlueSapphire Sun 09-Jun-19 09:35:58

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny Northampton.

DD's concert went very well yesterday evening; a good 90 minute concert of varied music, followed by quiz, food and wine, and more music from my ex-pupil's jazz trio. A request was played for me - Fly me to the moon. To our surprise DD, her husband and I came second in the quiz! And that from about 25 teams!

Will have a walk to the paper shop this morning to pay my bill, and cancel the papers while I'm away. Then no plans really for the rest of the day.

Hope you enjoy the literary festival, Maw, Earls Barton is a nice little village with one of the oldest Saxon churches in the country. DH particularly liked to go there as it is the home of Barkers shoes, the only brand he would wear, and they have an excellent factory shop.

Just about to do a bacon roll, then will be off out. Have a nice day everyone.

crazyH Sun 09-Jun-19 09:30:23

Lovely photos Bellasnana. Wish the young couple a long and happy married life ??❤️??

Auntieflo Sun 09-Jun-19 09:30:02

Morning Michael, Annie and all.
Bellasnana, what lovely photos, you are all very glamorous and beautiful.
It is fine here at the moment, but don’t know what is held in store for us as yet.
After Church, I shall go and visit a friend who has landed up in hospital for 2/3 weeks, following a TKR. Then I may do some weeding or knitting depending on how energetic I feel
Have a good day one and all.

Mapleleaf Sun 09-Jun-19 09:30:01

Good morning.
A lovely morning here after yesterday’s heavy rain bursts.
Beautiful photos, Bellasnana. You all look lovely.
Off for a run out later, after a leisurely breakfast.
Hope you all enjoy your day. ?

aggie Sun 09-Jun-19 09:29:07

What a handsome family you have Bellasnana

aggie Sun 09-Jun-19 09:27:11

Good Morning all , nice and bright this morning , the rain might hold off till evening , bit of gardening yesterday .We visited our favourite nursery yesterday and bought a nice ceramic planter to fill with plants for the family grave , seems a bit sad , but the planting and admiring made it an uplifting thing , plants last so much longer than flowers and OH was a very tidy person , think he would have liked it

Bellasnana Sun 09-Jun-19 09:23:32

Thanks again for your kind messages. In case you might like to see some photos, I have added three here. First one is my son, standing in for my late husband, giving his sister away, second is DD3 and her new husband, third is me DS, DD3 and DD1.

Sadly, due to an ongoing acrimonious custody case over my DGD, she and DD2 were unable to make the trip from the US to be with us. I did feel very emotional without them and DH by my side.

12Michael Sun 09-Jun-19 09:17:35

Ginny,
Yes it was a Johnny Nash " I can see clearly now, think about 68/69 era wise.
The label it was Major Minor used to get allot of plugs on the pirates especially the Dubliners .
Think I have the LP of same name somewhere .
Mick

Beechnut Sun 09-Jun-19 09:11:10

Good Morning all.
Dry bright and cloudy here.
No particular plans today so I’ll just enjoy the dry day as rain is forecast for tomorrow.

Enjoy your day everyone, roasts or not ?

Anniebach Sun 09-Jun-19 08:59:00

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Not raining in Mid Wales - yet

Hope everyone has a good day x

crazyH Sun 09-Jun-19 08:56:12

Goodmorning Mick and all from dull old Wales. Feeling a bit 'off' after an uncomfortable family incident. My daughter usually invites me over for Sunday lunch. But, since she started 'dating' again, those invites are getting infrequent. I wonder why ? - bless her, I hope she finds someone nice....
Might go into the garden this morning. Oooooo the sun come up as we speak. Have a nice day all !

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 09-Jun-19 08:45:50

Morning all from a fairly bright South Notts, good to see a little sunshine after the downfall of heavy rain yesterday.
'I Can See Clearly Now' reminds me of a summer holiday we spent in Lowestoft when I was in my mid-teens.
Hope all is well with everyone.

Nannytopsy Sun 09-Jun-19 08:38:18

Beautiful morning here in Leicester. I am going to deadhead and weed today - it’s time for the Chelsea chop out there.

Pittcity Sun 09-Jun-19 08:34:53

Good morning from sunny Colchester. It's the morning after here and I've just finished loading the dishwasher and washing the floors after yesterday's barbecue. The weather was better than expected.
A lazy day today finishing up leftovers and watching the tennis and ladies football.

Marydoll Sun 09-Jun-19 08:30:02

Good morning all from a breezy Glasgow.

An easy day for me today. Hopefully, I may get into the garden later.
I'm off out for the papers, driving and out on the first time on my own, since I have been ill. I need to get my life back!!!

Glad the wedding went well yesterday, Bellasnanna. smile
Brunette, good to see you are back safely and posting.

Have a good Sunday, whatever your plans.

EllanVannin Sun 09-Jun-19 08:26:35

Good morning All x
We have sunshine and calm on the NW coast of the Mersey after days of rain and general miserable weather. A treat !

Might do a spot of washing then will concentrate on preparing dinner later on.
Writing a list for an M&S visit on Wednesday, give the windows a clean, though most of the marks are outside after all the rain and hail so I'm hoping for a quick burst of energy coming forthwith.

Have a lovely day everyone.

Nanabanana1 Sun 09-Jun-19 08:24:15

Morning to everyone, quite cloudy here in Torbay, hope it brightens up after the showery few days we have had.
Nothing planned except for doggie walking. Will see what the day brings.