Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(38 Posts)
12Michael Sat 15-Jun-19 06:14:16

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright and sunny but cloudy here in Brackley this morning,
Considering the appalling weather over the last few days.
It makes my day more enjoyable , going into Bicester and Buckingham.
And more chance of seeing the flea market in full swing when I return from Bicester .
When I return mid afternoon, start to prepare tomorrows lunch which will see me into Monday as well.
I am doing a king prawn curry in the slow cooker but have opted to use a fish stock , which I think will add to the flavour.
Mick

Mythbirtthedragon Sat 15-Jun-19 10:38:36

Good morning from east London, bright and sunny at the moment. Just watching the young cricketers warming up for their training session on the sports field across the road. All ages there but no girls..... Quiet and so far lazy day so far - I have been reading a lot - food shopping later. Picking up on food, had a nice afternoon tea with DD yesterday except what the waiter said was clotted cream was softened butter mixed up with a dash of something. Our compensation was more tea and extra jam as they had no cream whatsoever in the place. That’ll teach us to go to a proper cafe in future rather than a ‘smart’ hotel. Have a good day.

Urmstongran Sat 15-Jun-19 10:00:56

Good morning everyone from a gloriously sunny Malaga. Slept in late this morning don’t know why! One of the absolute joys of retirement anyway.

It’s been lovely reading all your plans for today. Sounds as though the weather is improving over there at long last - just in time for me coming home next week hehe!

Washer on. Saturday bacon and egg breakfast to make now then out for a long stroll I think and coffee at our favourite little cafe bar.

Hope you feel better today harrigran and how exciting BlueSapphire packing for your cruise holiday! And off to Rhodes for 3 weeks too sounds amazing NannyJan
?

And you don’t half seem to find such interesting things to do Maw! I love going to the theatre it’s great watching a good performance only I rarely seem to go for some reason.

I know what you mean Ginny42 about the dress shop. It must be so difficult trying to stock a small independent these days with competition from on line traders. That said it would be super to bag a bargain or two!

Hope Saturday is good to all of us whether we have plans or none. x

Luckygirl Sat 15-Jun-19 09:43:55

Looking for some sunshine here on Welsh border - definitely none to be seen, even with my glasses on! I plan to try and dead-head roses as my lovely scented bed is looking a bit battered. I am envious of those of you in sunnier climes.

DGD's sports day was cancelled yesterday because of the weather; just as it was last year - only then it was because it was too hot!!

Enjoy Saturday everyone. x

gillybob Sat 15-Jun-19 09:36:57

What on earth happened there ? Should have said....

Nothing planned for today except maybe a bit shopping and housework .

Picking up on what Mick and Absent said way up thread . I fry the shells/heads etc. of fresh prawns in a little oil until they turn pink then add about 300mls of fish stock and simmer for a about 5 minutes, then strain the liquid and discard the shells you have a delicious base . Set this aside and prepare onions, fresh tomatoes, herbs and whatever else takes your fancy adding a splash of white wine Makes a delicious base for curry /risotto / pasta etc.

I have made myself very hungry now smile

Have a food Saturday everyone x

gillybob Sat 15-Jun-19 09:22:48

A late good morning from the NE coast where it is dry (for now) but forecast showers later .

Nothing planned for today wxcmaybe a bit sho

Clioh Sat 15-Jun-19 09:09:24

Morning all! It’s a bit of a ‘mixed bag’ in the Staffordshire Moorlands, sunny, very breezy, then rain (again!). Not much planned here today, dog walks and a bit of sewing for me I think. Enjoy your weekend everyone ?

NannyJan53 Sat 15-Jun-19 09:04:29

Good Morning from a slightly brighter Black Country. It just didn't stop raining yesterday, the same as every day this week.

Packing suitcase today, as we are off to Rhodes tomorrow! We are staying in a village called Lindos which is in the south, and where is a Rock Festival there for a week, which is why we coincide our trip in June. They are all tribute bands, but it is very good, and great to be outside watching and knowing it won't pour down.

Wanted to cut the lawn before we left but it is far too wet! We are away for 3 weeks, so it will be a bit of a jungle when we are back.

Wishing you all a lovely weekend.

Anniebach Sat 15-Jun-19 08:50:37

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

DanniRae Sat 15-Jun-19 08:42:19

Thank you for your support Greyjoy! smile

Brunette10 Sat 15-Jun-19 08:42:18

Good Morning from a nice, bright calm Fife. Another late morning for us, don't know what's wrong, sleeping much later than normal at the moment.. Anyway off to a famous hotel and golf course today for Afternoon Tea. Have waited a while as they are so busy you have to book months well ahead. Have DD and DGS's overnight tonight so that should be fun (I hope!) smile. Hope today is good to everyone.

Greyjoy1953 Sat 15-Jun-19 08:35:29

Morning all its actually a lovely sunny morning here outside Colchester, hopefully will be able to do a bit more weeding in the garden again today. Lots of flower heads destroyed though by all the rain which is a shame. Not much on the agenda today apart from food shopping, with DH would do online shopping but he loves going to the supermarket, would spend hours in there if I let him. Know what you mean about dieting DanniRae some days you just go off piste and stay off all day. Have a great day everyone.

DanniRae Sat 15-Jun-19 08:35:21

Hi Mick - meant to say to be careful with the fish stock cubes they can be very salty.

DanniRae Sat 15-Jun-19 08:30:57

Good Morning All from a lovely bright South East London. I realised this morning that my diet yesterday was TERRIBLE. I had 2 mini pork pies for lunch - with a pile of coleslaw. Not very hungry dinner time and had a chip butty then 2 packets of crisps in the evening - Oh the shame!! Today I will eat healthily - just had 2 rice cakes with butter and marmalade. Mind you it's my younger daughter's birthday today - she will be 46 and had a baby son 2 weeks ago! So a very special day for her. All family - 7 plus new baby - here tonight for an Indian Takeaway. So that's not exactly healthy, is it? Oh dear! Have a great day Everyone grin

Newquay Sat 15-Jun-19 08:29:19

Morning all! Am trying to learn some Italian myself Doramarr. Just can’t easily remember !

cornergran Sat 15-Jun-19 08:18:08

Morning Mick, morning All from a very damp corner of Somerset. Think I’ve forgotten what the sun looks like. Very weary, only a couple of hours sleep. Promised to do some baking this morning so best try to wake up. Hope Saturday is kind to everyone.

Harris27 Sat 15-Jun-19 08:16:48

Good morning all! Sun is shining for once. Got lots of washing to do but will have time to do some baking and some book time. Have a good day. North east weather temperamental!

Greyduster Sat 15-Jun-19 08:09:41

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is out in South Yorkshire. I hope it will give my poor garden a lift before the next lot of rain. I had a terrible day yesterday. This one can only be better. I hope you feel better today, Harri. We all need a bit of sun, I think. Have a good day folks.

Lins1066 Sat 15-Jun-19 08:07:43

Good Morning, it is a wet start here on S Welsh coast after a sunny evening and a lovely calm sea.

Sore after physio yesterday, have five new exercises to do.
I woke every two hours last night and have a sore throat and tight chest this morning. I haven't had a cold for a few years, goodness only knows where I picked this up.
Have a good day everyone.

kittylester Sat 15-Jun-19 07:55:59

Morning all from a very sunny North Leicestershire.

I'm jiggered today. I spent 5 hours manning a stall at a Carer's event. There was lunch provided - lots of lovely sandwiches and cakes. Not much good for someone with a gluten intolerance!! The fruit kebabs were delicious but not terribly filling.

We then went out for a meal and to a concert. So, I am aiming to do very little today.

Hope you feel better today, harri.

Marydoll Sat 15-Jun-19 07:36:18

Good morning Mick and all from a very damp Glasgow.

I was planning an easy day after a very busy day yesterday.

I woke up at six, couldn't sleep, so I ended up doing some housework, preparing dinner and tidying up. However, it won't take DH long to mess it all up again. grin.

I'm off to Lidl, then will drop off my son's mountain of washing and pick up the next load, as their machine is still not fixed. sad.

Enjoy your Saturday everyone.

EllanVannin Sat 15-Jun-19 07:35:49

Good morning All x
Dull, quite breezy and cool so far. It looks as though we could have rain ( for a change ) I hope it bucks up for the rest of my family's stay in this country. Jumper again sad

Managed to get my washing dry yesterday which was a bonus considering the week it's been.
Not doing much today apart from eating. I must have eaten half a pound of tomatoes with my salad yesterday, so will finish them off with a king prawn salad. It's not that I'm greedy-----I just like a lot hahahaha.

Mick's curry made me feel hungry when I was reading it so I'll just have to be satisfied with buttered crumpets.

Hope everyone's day goes to plan.

Beechnut Sat 15-Jun-19 07:32:05

Good Morning everyone.
It’s very wet here but the sky is looking brighter.
Not sure what I will get up to today but I have a honey do list so probably some honey doing.

Enjoy your day and the curries and other eats all of you. ?

loopyloo Sat 15-Jun-19 07:30:04

Good morning everyone. Taking DGS to his drum lesson, which is quite a trek. Then should be seeing a friend. Had shingles jab yesterday. Lots of warnings about it being a live vaccine but so far feel fine. How have other people found it?
And lovely sunshine here, East London.

NanKate Sat 15-Jun-19 07:25:52

Hope you feel better today Harrie. ?

NanKate Sat 15-Jun-19 07:25:03

Morning Mick and All.

Mixture of cloud and sun in South Bucks.

It’s our Regatta all this weekend with a fair and lots of noise and drinking. I’m not a killjoy but we only go for a stroll around the Park tomorrow afternoon when things are quieter.

Going to the local school Fair with a neighbour today. Our DS used to go there and it is a nice reminder of his time there.