Gransnet forums

Chat

Cordless strimmer

(9 Posts)
Lisagran Sat 15-Jun-19 15:29:28

Does anyone use a cordless strimmer? Would you recommend it? We don’t have a big “lawn” (grin), but the edges get quite messy. I have a cordless GTech vacuum, so veering towards that make, as pleased with that

annsixty Sat 15-Jun-19 15:42:17

Yes we have the Gtech and my S ,who is the gardener, seems very pleased with it.
You do need to get plenty of blades as they seem to snap.
I also have the vac, handheld vac and hedge cutter.
I don't have share in the company honestly.
My friends bought the lawn mower but apart from being expensive, they also found it very heavy.

Jimjam1 Sat 15-Jun-19 16:24:16

Yes I also have the Gtec vac. I decided to get the lawn mower and strimmer as it was on special offer. The strimmer is great just remember to put it on charge after every use. I sent the lawn mower back as it was really heavy. Customer service at Gtec were great refunded my money straight away.

Septimia Sat 15-Jun-19 16:33:21

I have a Gtech strimmer as well as the vacs. I like it as it's nice and light and the blades are much better than a cord that keeps getting tangled. I find the blades a little difficult to change, but push them on with the blade of the secateurs! I used the strimmer in my FiL's very overgrown garden and hit something I couldn't see, resulting in the motor packing up. The company sent a replacement without a quibble because it was still under guarantee. I"m a little more careful now but find it really useful.

shysal Sat 15-Jun-19 17:36:30

I too am a Gtech fan, have Air Ram and Multi vacs, long handled hedge trimmer and the strimmer. When I bought mine they promised free blades for the life of the machine, but I have to pay postage. The strimmer does a great job as do the other machines. I have a spare battery which also fits the hedge trimmer, so always have a charged one ready.
I hope you will be pleased with yours if you choose one.

Lisagran Sat 15-Jun-19 18:31:58

Ooh, good recommendations - I think I’ll go for it if I can get it at a good price. Thanks smile

Liaise Tue 18-Jun-19 16:29:10

I also have the strimmer and hedge cutter. I can prune around our fairly big garden quickly. Wouldn't be without it.

Lisagran Tue 18-Jun-19 16:38:24

Def getting one - found a good discount code smile

Davidhs Tue 18-Jun-19 17:33:49

Buy a good pair of safety glasses as well because if it’s being used to trim lawn edges inevitably stones fly, be careful near house windows too.
I tried one and went back to edging shears.