Gransnet forums

Chat

Thank you Gransnetters

(16 Posts)
Lisagran Mon 17-Jun-19 09:05:21

Woke up this morning feeling really miserable and tearful - this happens to me from time to time, and will probably persist now for a while. Like everyone here, I have some health problems, but nothing major, and our family get on by and large - it’s an irrational ‘low’ feeling.
Anyway, just posting to say that I read several threads on here whilst having my cuppa and my mood lifted very slightly - so thank you thanks - amused at the ‘trampette’ discussion and smiled at Oldgaijin’s glow worm poem smile...... Onwards and upwards!

Anniebach Mon 17-Jun-19 09:08:42

It will pass Lisa x

annep1 Mon 17-Jun-19 09:21:45

flowers

crazyH Mon 17-Jun-19 09:21:58

You'll be ok Lisa - it's strange, isn't it how it suddenly comes over you ? flowers

Auntieflo Mon 17-Jun-19 09:25:24

Lisa, hope you are feeling a bit better this morning. flowers and a {{{hug}}}

Dontaskme Mon 17-Jun-19 09:29:26

Its just a life thing - another one that most people don't admit to but behind closed doors....
Chin up, this too shall pass smile

Grammaretto Mon 17-Jun-19 09:36:59

I am glad your mood was lifted. Mine often is by GN.
Sending hugs to you and anyone else in the same boat.
maybe I should throw a life jacket

Luckygirl Mon 17-Jun-19 09:43:12

flowers It will pass.

Callistemon Mon 17-Jun-19 10:23:11

Hope you're feeling more cheerful now, Lisagran.
And everyone who is feeling down for whatever reason.

sunshine

lemongrove Mon 17-Jun-19 10:41:39

We all have off days Lisagran but glad GN cheered you up.
I find that a few Simon’s Cat videos on YouTube does the job.?

Squiffy Mon 17-Jun-19 11:00:05

Lisagran Hope you soon feel better and less alone now that you have read some of the posts. Down days are more common than a lot of us like to let on!

lemongrove You've just altered my To Do List for today - it now includes Simon's Cat. Oh dear . . . not much going to get done today then!

Mapleleaf Mon 17-Jun-19 13:27:49

? Hope our are starting to feel a little brighter now. These feelings seem to arrive out of nowhere don’t they? Glad that GN has helped.

Mapleleaf Mon 17-Jun-19 13:28:08

You, not our!

farview Mon 17-Jun-19 14:14:33

Know those feelings....hate them...life seems to be jollying along...and from nowhere come the tears, anxiety etc...and then away they go... sometimesjust no reasoning to it...take care..all will be well ?

Septimia Mon 17-Jun-19 14:41:30

I'm usually a 'glass half full' person, or 'tomorrow's another day', but from time to time something will happen that makes me feel down and miserable.
I think that people who sail through life without ever experiencing low mood, even briefly, must have something wrong with them. Clearly they lack empathy at the very least.

Here's to being normal and having 'down days' - at least we then appreciate the 'up' ones!

luluaugust Mon 17-Jun-19 15:53:13

So glad you have picked up, afraid it happens to most of us flowers