Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(52 Posts)
12Michael Fri 21-Jun-19 06:12:04

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another bright sunny start this morning here in Brackley, which also the longest day .
Usual Shop for essentials this morning, after lunch watch some cycling on TV.
Then plan my weekend.
Mick

Urmstongran Fri 21-Jun-19 08:05:17

What a beautiful view GabriellaG54 I could just imagine myself there it looks incredibly serene so early in a morning - only I wouldn’t be doing any running!

Someone earlier in the week mentioned that gillybob hasn’t posted for a couple of days - she usually does post on here. I hope all’s well. She loves Fridays!

Marydoll Fri 21-Jun-19 08:08:08

Good morning all from a very breezy Glasgow.

Not much planned, apart going to pick up a prescription for antibiotics. A GP from my surgery phoned yesterday evening to say she was prescribing antibiotics until my tests come back from the lab.
She noticed that my surgery is in another town from where I live and offered to phone the prescription to the most convenient pharmacy to save me having to go across town. I have never met this GP, yet she was so kind and helpful. This is the NHS at its best. She advised me to stop being so stoic and just putting up with things and that I should start admitting to feeling unwell, not soldier on! That's me told then!!! grin

DS's washing machine is still not fixed, the engineer is having problems getting the correct part from the manufacturer, they are being very tardy in their response. It is relatively new and it's shocking that it has been two weeks and it's still not fixed.
I shall be filling my whirly with bags of washing, as DIL and DS are working and I can't bear all this washing lying about my house! At least it will dry in the strong wind. grin

Happy birthday, Sar ??and Bluesapphire, get those glad rags on and enjoy. smile

Marydoll Fri 21-Jun-19 08:09:15

I too noticed Gillybob hadn't posted and was thinking of sending her a PM just to check that all is well.

aggie Fri 21-Jun-19 08:10:12

Good Morning all , Happy solstice day

gillybob Fri 21-Jun-19 08:28:14

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a beautiful sunny morning.

How kind of you to notice I haven’t posted for a few days Urmonstongran and Marydoll. To be honest I haven’t been feeling too good this week and have been kind of light headed and woozy. I’ve had terrible pins and needles in my hands and feet too which sounds like my MS is reminding me who’s boss. I hate posting when I’m feeling down in the dumps, as others have plenty of their own problems without hearing my moans and groans. Anyway I have managed to get an appointment to see my consultant in the first week of July but I hope I’m feeling a lot better before then.

Back to today, I’m still having to go to “that place” as there is no one else. I’m so glad it’s Friday though, especially as it’s an early finish . I would love to say I will be pottering in the garden but the reality is that I will be seeing to my dad, sorting his shopping etc.

Happy birthday Sar53 I hope you have a lovely day smile

Wow, It sounds like you are cruising BlueSapphire . I do hope you have a brilliant time. Make the most of getting waited on . I wish you blue skies and still waters. I can see the North Sea from my house and it looks beautifully calm and blue this morning. If I get chance I might head to the beach this evening and give you a wave . ?

Hope everyone has a lovely sunny Friday. That’s me outta here......... xx

harrigran Fri 21-Jun-19 08:30:03

Good morning from a variable NE but hoping for more sunshine.
It was me asking after gilly, she is only about twelve miles from me but on the coast and I am inland.
Happy Birthday Sar.
Lunch out today possibly and then some shopping.

Mapleleaf Fri 21-Jun-19 08:34:16

Good morning,
It's a lovely sunny morning here in SY with just a few puffy white clouds in the sky. Here's hoping it stays that way !
I think your blackbird flew on to my garden after he woke you, greyduster. ? I did manage to drop off to sleep again, though.
What a lovely view, GabriellaG54. Is it close to your home?
Happy birthday, Sar. Hope you enjoy your day.??
BlueSapphire, your cruise is sounding idyllic. Breakfast in bed, how lovely and decadent - enjoy! I'm sure your evening tonight will be super, have fun putting on the glad rags. I'm not envious, honest!!??
Whatever everyone is up to today, have a good time.

GabriellaG54 Fri 21-Jun-19 08:47:33

Got to go to RBS in Guildford (my nearest) Urmstongran to complete the opening of a new account.
They also need a selfie of me...no kidding. I asked if they were serious and yes, they are ?
I might do a duck pout just to be different ??
They have a 'switching' offer until 28th June. Open acc before 28th. Pay in a one off £1500 by 1st Aug and they pay £125 into your acc by 30th and further £50 if you stay until June 2020. No DDs or salary deposits needed. Must use debit card at least once a month but no minimum spend.
I just swapped money around so only £1500 can be taken. grin
Better than miserable savings interest. grin
I read that Urmston is losing it's RBS in another swathe of cuts. shock

Anniebach Fri 21-Jun-19 08:55:23

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

I think there is sunshine in Mid Wales

Have therapy today

Hope everyone has a good day x

GabriellaG54 Fri 21-Jun-19 08:57:59

Mapleleaf
Thanks, yes, it's a 7 minute run to my home from the tow path in the photo. Behind me (as I'm taking photo) is the bench where ducks wait to be fed and behind that is Waitrose where I bought coffee and croissant.
There's a vintage VW camper van there too, run by a couple who sell drinks, their own home-made burgers, salads and kefir ices among other delicious offerings.

vena11 Fri 21-Jun-19 09:50:19

Good morning from sunny Bristol, I am new to this and have just started posting and really enjoying every ones stories.

GabriellaG54 Fri 21-Jun-19 10:09:13

Welcome Vena11
I'm sure you'll enjoy sharing, sympathising, sparring and smiling with us on here.
grinflowersbrewcupcake

GabriellaG54 Fri 21-Jun-19 10:10:53

Oops! vena11 (no capital 'v') blush

gillybob Fri 21-Jun-19 10:16:29

Thank you for your concern Harri I’m fine, just a little bit under the weather .

Beautiful photographs GabriellaG smile

gillybob Fri 21-Jun-19 10:18:01

And a warm welcome to venall too .

vena11 Fri 21-Jun-19 10:20:38

Thanks all.

Legs55 Fri 21-Jun-19 10:44:03

Good morning all from lovely sunny Devon. I'm late up this morning after a long day on West Somerset Railway, 1 hour drive from me, met a friend & had Breakfast on the Train. Having a lazy morning, need to go out for a bit of shopping later then out in the garden.

Welcome venall

Wishing every-one a good day & hope this lovely weather is the start of Summersunshine

Urmstongran Fri 21-Jun-19 10:47:20

So glad you’re feeling up to posting again gillybob we’ve missed you! I wasn’t aware you have MS. You are always such a busy, upbeat lady doing so much for your family. Plus working at “that place”.

I do hope you feel much better soon and I bet you’re glad it’s Friday.
?

Urmstongran Fri 21-Jun-19 10:54:16

Luckily we still have the Nat West, Santander, Lloyds TSB and the Halifax round the corner in Urmston Gabriella
?
But that switch of account sounds a decent incentive!

Sprout Fri 21-Jun-19 10:57:16

Hi Mick and all. Late today and brain is to wrote my post on a Thursday chat. What a plonka off to sort Blue Badge then lunch with best friend. Hi Kitty Lester. Have a great day all.

Sprout Fri 21-Jun-19 11:14:28

Glad you are enjoying your cruise Sapphire.

Sprout Fri 21-Jun-19 11:16:06

God my brain has definitely gone enjoy your cruise Blue sapphire got it right yaah

NanKate Fri 21-Jun-19 12:28:48

Morning Mick and All from a cloudy West Sussex. Here for the weekend to help DS entertain 60 guests tomorrow to thank them for getting him through the last two very difficult years. On his birthday on Sunday our DGSs will be joining us and we are going out for a family lunch. Time to celebrate.

I have been given the job of cleaning the bathrooms and changing all the bedding ! DH is mowing the back and front lawns. We know our place ?‍??

Tillybelle Fri 21-Jun-19 15:26:37

Thanks Gabriella for good wishes to those of us not feeling up to much and for the super photo. I went to school in Godalming when it was an actual Grammar school! I am told it is very different now - in fact a friend told me not to go there as it would upset me! I loved it when I was there! Such wonderful Teachers!
Do you know I thought your photo was from somewhere near me here in S. Notts at first! I may be able to go there one day and send you a photo - depends on my mobility.

Weather mixed - no rain but could be sunnier.

?? Happy Birthday to You Sar!

Will there be any calls to in to port BlueSapphire? Any special places to see coming up? Not Trømso on the longest day for the midnight sun? - ah no you are going round Denmark... I like the sound of the recitals - how lovely!

Cheers Mike, and everyone. Special hello to all who will not see or speak to anyone today.
"See" you again tomorrow.

Tillybelle Fri 21-Jun-19 15:36:19

gillybob Hello. I haven't been on "Good Morning" for long. So sorry to hear of the bad patch. Glad to hear from you today. I have noticed you a lot on other threads and always liked what you say. Wishing you all the best, Elle x ?☕️