Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(38 Posts)
12Michael Sat 22-Jun-19 06:14:23

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a clear blue sky start here in Brackley this morning.
Usual day for me to Buckingham and Bicester , Will check out the Flea Market in Buckingham , when I return from Bicester.
I only hope there is no delay with road resurfacing around Buckingham as to diversions on the buses.
Mick

GabriellaG54 Sat 22-Jun-19 10:24:24

Lovely picture Auntyflo ?

Rufus2 Sat 22-Jun-19 10:24:19

Good Evening All; Your belated arrival of Summer is just in time for Wimbledon and the Ashes, if it lasts! We're now the opposite; freezing cold, wet and miserable here in Melb., but at least the days will be getting longer. grin
Annie; We saw a very interesting TV doco. on Thursday called Walking Britain's lost Railways: Wales. You've probably seen it already, but it was very well presented by a Rob Bell. I was very surprised at the amount of countryside, meadows and babbling brooks on the way from a place, I've now forgotten, begins with 2 Ls,. would you believe, to Barmouth, not even one L, let alone two! (Joking!) Rob showed us two restored heritage railways and talked with many delightful locals. If Michael P. had done the programme no doubt he would have dressed up as an Ancient Druid and danced a few fertility dances with the locals! grin Pity is that it was the last of the series, but there will probably be a DVD available somewhere.
Btw; Annie; how are you getting on with your instructor and Fred, and your recent assessment? Good Health and take care. smile

GabriellaG54 Sat 22-Jun-19 10:15:16

lovebeigecardigans1955
The Original Factory Shop (TOFS) sell a big roll of thick white double sided tape for £1.50...if you have one near you.

NannyJan53 Sat 22-Jun-19 10:14:04

Good morning from a hot and sunny Lindos

Currently sitting On the beach in the shade,with frequent dips in
the lovely deep blue, calm Bay!

Off to a rock gig tonight as it is Lindos Rock week

Have a great weekend everyone

GabriellaG54 Sat 22-Jun-19 10:11:03

A view of Blackdown Surrey looking towards Brighton.

GabriellaG54 Sat 22-Jun-19 10:05:02

Hi everyone ?
I hope you're all getting a fair share of sunshine today.
Bought bags of fruit from the street market in Guildford yesterday plus some dahlia pots and warm French bread. We are lucky to have markets every day and the cake stalls are amazing. We still have East Patisserie Valerie and Laura Ashley too which seem to be disappearing elsewhere.
I'm having a picnic w friends after a walk on Blackdown this avo and I'll take my new neon pink water bottle bought in yes...wink ? (Primark £2.50) yesterday.
Best wishes to all, esp if you're not feeling too good ???

Urmstongran Sat 22-Jun-19 10:02:21

A late good morning everyone from a sunny South Manchester. I had a lovely lie in!

I’m having toast and tea now then I’m over to mind the cute 2y old granddaughter for about 3 hours whilst daughter and son in law take our grandson to a local football tournament. I’m glad the weather is nice for them. I shall go to the park then the nearby cafe for our lunch.

Your cruise sounds amazing BlueSaphhire - like gillybob I’ve never been to Copenhagen nor had lobster. Did you have room service breakfast again (sounds divine) or are you up and raring to visit the sights?

Ginny42 I mustn’t have been properly awake as I read your post as shooting the squirrels! Annie get your gun! I had to re-read it .....
?

Hope Saturday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Auntieflo Sat 22-Jun-19 09:52:32

Morning Michael, Annie and all. Have done one wash load and it’s out in the lovely sunshine. DH had a bit of a shock this morning, he found a cat in the bedroom! It must have snuck in while I was reading and finishing my breakfast, and it’s very sweet. From the collar tag, he/she is roaming a bit far from home. There is a new estate nearby, but it is across a busy road, and we have lost two cats there. I expect it is exploring.
Shopping later, after coffee with friends, then I want to finish my knitted tea cosy, and get going with some crochet, and a bit of sewing.
Have a lovely day one and all, and I’ll add a picture of our pusscat visitor.

vena11 Sat 22-Jun-19 09:27:54

Morning everyone from sunny Bristol, hope everyone has a lovely weekend. Lazy morning for me as I was out for dinner with some friends last night and I was home late. Maybe the garden centre later with DH.

Bordersgirl57 Sat 22-Jun-19 09:18:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Anniebach Sat 22-Jun-19 08:59:28

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Mythbirtthedragon Sat 22-Jun-19 08:40:22

Good morning from east London, bright and sunny here. Last minute invite to tea this afternoon with DSD; it’s her birthday on Monday with a full day planned with her boyfriend so we’ll get birthday cake today. Up early and currently have vegan meringues drying in the oven for her although they seem to be flattening a bit. There will be proper cream to go with them as she’s not that strict a vegan. May also do some egg white meringues as a back up. Have a good day.

EllanVannin Sat 22-Jun-19 08:33:31

Good Morning All x
Another overcast start but like yesterday it melted away and left a warm sunny afternoon. It's still nice to see some light and brightness in the mornings though.

More trimming of the ceanothus tree/shrub. I did originally mistake it for a cytisus. It's hiding the bottlebrush flowers and also the climbing jasmine which is flowering.

Might just wash some bedding as I love fresh smelling pillow-cases and it'll soon dry.

Not really much else to do other than feed and water myself and the cats and water the neighbours plants as she's away. The day will still go quickly, regardless.

Hope everyone has a nice drop of weather today so enjoy it whether able-bodied or not so.

Sar53 Sat 22-Jun-19 08:28:32

Good morning everyone from a lovely sunny Essex by the sea. Eight year old granddaughter has her Holy Communion today so we are about to get suited and booted ready for church at 10. I'm not a Catholic so this is all very new to me.
Have a good day everyone.

Grammaretto Sat 22-Jun-19 08:27:21

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. A beautiful morning!
When we came home last night the birds were active even at 11pm and it was still light.
I'm about to go out to enjoy the newly mowed lawn and pick roses for the café tables.

ninathenana Sat 22-Jun-19 08:26:56

Good morning all.

A late one for me. I see clear blue sky apart from a criss-cross of vapour trails here in Kent. Hope it's the same in Blackpool DD and SiL at a car rally all weekend.
Have a good day everyone.

gillybob Sat 22-Jun-19 08:24:58

Good morning from the NE coast where it is bright and sunny. My new neighbour has been banging and crashing since just after 7am it sounds like he’s knocking the house down and rebuilding it !

I have always wanted to visit Copenhagen BlueSapphire . My DH worked in Denmark for many years (before we moved in together ) and promised to take me “one day” hmm . I hope you continue to have a lovely cruise. I’ve never tried lobster either .........sounds delicious though.

My son is en route to Kiev this morning where he will go onto Chernobyl. He’s been more than 10 times now and has friends in the Ukraine but I will still worry until he is home.

No plans for me today except maybe a bit of a tidy up in the garden and seeing little Evie later. My dad and I have bought her some silly gnomes for her new garden which she will love. She has just started to walk on her own although still a bit unsteady. The way we were cheering you would think no baby had ever walked before . But she’s our little miracle so everything she does is all the more special.

Have a good Saturday everyone x

Alygran Sat 22-Jun-19 08:18:46

Good morning from a very sunny North Yorkshire. Friend coming round this morning for coffee then we are off for a walk in the Dales. She is leading a group walk in August and wants to check it out.
Hope everyone has a good day.

Carillion Sat 22-Jun-19 08:18:44

Good morning to everyone. Sunny here in Brittany. Don't think the French 'strike' has quite touched central Brittany but the roads seem quiet for 9-15am on a Saturday so perhaps the Gilet Jaune are around? As far as I could discover, internal air flights are being affected today but predominantly the stoppages are relating to rail travel.

Being in a rural rather than coastal part of Brittany, whenever the strikes occur, it's usually our farmers who block petrol stations which has the impact.
Have a good and safe day everyone.

Feelingmyage55 Sat 22-Jun-19 08:03:37

Good morning from sunny (for now) Scotland. Expecting an early delivery but ....... who knows.
ginny42. I suggest you jump into his arms ?
Think it might be barbecue weather - do you think if I say “that smells good” that they will pass me a plate and a glass?
Enjoy the day whether it be wonderful, wonderful Copenhagen or your own “castle”.

cornergran Sat 22-Jun-19 07:56:13

Morning Mick, morning All from a sunny corner of Somerset. Family birthday party and grandchildren for a sleepover so a good, busy one ahead for us. Hope Saturday is kind to everyone.

kittylester Sat 22-Jun-19 07:55:49

Morning all from a very sunny North Leicestershire.

We are planning a trip to a different garden centre today to try to buy a couple of plants we are having difficulty sourcing. Then maybe sit in the garden!

Have a super day everyone.

Greyduster Sat 22-Jun-19 07:52:53

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is out again today in South Yorkshire. We have no firm plans today so I may do some baking this afternoon. We had a lovely day at Filey yesterday (wonderful fish and chips) but it frustrates me that my dodgy hip will no longer allow me to get right to the end of the brig, where there is usually some good bird watching. We did clock up some though. Have a good day folks.

Brunette10 Sat 22-Jun-19 07:52:13

Good Morning from a lovely bright start in Fife. Saturday again. DGS's overnight tonight as DD and DSIL are off out to celebrate belated 40th birthday at a very special hotel. Morning to ourselves so will enjoy the peace and quite smile. Hope Saturday is good to all.

Ginny42 Sat 22-Jun-19 07:50:02

Good morning Mick. Beautiful morning in Cheshire and I saw 'my' wren this morning. Hope she's laid some eggs in the nest. The squirrels are wrecking my roses still. Cute yes, but vandals. Had to explain to my new neighbours that they haven't moved next to a mad old lady, I'm just shooing the squirrels.

My DD and DGS arrive overnight tonight, so got to be at the airport at 2.00 a.m. All ready and excited now. Can't wait to see them. He used to run and jump into my arms, but he's too big for that now!

Enjoy your day everyone. Anyone not feeling well, hope today is a better day for you.