Gransnet forums

Chat

Recording Boris and partner

(371 Posts)
annep1 Sat 22-Jun-19 10:30:54

This is totally ridiculous as a news headline. Can't a couple have a row without the world knowing. I'm not a Boris fan but this is out of order imo.

Callistemon Tue 25-Jun-19 22:30:40

Perhaps that's the 'wild meadow strip' rubysong! Good for bees and other pollinators.

rubysong Tue 25-Jun-19 21:16:27

Regarding that photo, he wants to get off his bum and cut the grass!

SirChenjin Tue 25-Jun-19 20:16:24

Ignore that - I’ve just opened the photo and read it properly. Love it! gringrin

SirChenjin Tue 25-Jun-19 20:15:16

Has that now been confirmed crystaltipps?

crystaltipps Tue 25-Jun-19 19:43:17

His team put out this photo

Joplin Tue 25-Jun-19 19:11:36

Another thing I heard on the late night Press Review on Sky news, she is desperate to get into No.10 with Boris & has supported him & been behind his campaign all the way. She's not about to let a drop of red wine get in the way - goodness knows what she'd put up with if the keys to Downing Street are within sight.

Joplin Tue 25-Jun-19 19:00:37

Just to put the record straight, the person who contacted the Guardian wasn't paid, unlike some other newspapers who would probably have been delighted to pay for such a story. The photo of Boris & his girlfriend on all the front pages was very obviously taken some time ago - his hair was longer!

Riverwalk Tue 25-Jun-19 18:47:14

Just as Tory supporters were rubbing their hands with glee at the prospect of Corbyn becoming leader of the Labour Party, with warm words such as he was honest, down to earth, principled - I'd like to cheer Bozzer to the rafters!

Whitewavemark2 Tue 25-Jun-19 18:33:06

Actually I think there is much less likelihood that we will leave if Johnson gets the premiership than if he doesn’t as he is so incompetent, lazy and ignorant of the whole issue.

crystaltipps Tue 25-Jun-19 18:31:50

It’s only starry eyed gullible leavers who believe Boris is the Messiah and can do no wrong ( after St Nige of course).

Whitewavemark2 Tue 25-Jun-19 18:28:31

The point is firecracker almost without exception everyone who either works with Johnson or gets to know him say the same thing.

The only reason that most of the MPs who support him are doing so because they think he stands the best chance in the event of a GE and that they rather naively think he’ll deliver a quick clean Brexit.

Firecracker123 Tue 25-Jun-19 18:19:18

Is Boris's old boss a remainer by any chance, I bet he is.
I want to leave on the 31st October 2019 and Boris love him or hate him (I rather like him) is in my opinion the only hope of leaving the EU.

HootyMcOwlface Tue 25-Jun-19 16:38:54

Boris’s old boss

www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jun/24/boris-johnson-prime-minister-tory-party-britain?utm_term=RWRpdG9yaWFsX0d1YXJkaWFuVG9kYXlVS19XZWVrZGF5cy0xOTA2MjU%3D&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GuardianTodayUK&CMP=GTUK_email

crystaltipps Tue 25-Jun-19 16:35:18

“Poor Boris” is not being “picked on “ by hateful remainers , he is being criticised because he is an
Incompetent liar who is unfit to be PM. Plenty of his own party think this as well.

Beammeupscottie Tue 25-Jun-19 16:33:29

Unfortunately, he is very witty and amusing and Hunt is very, very dull. He is the Wizard of Oz. Iys all smoke and mirrors with BJ

lemongrove Tue 25-Jun-19 16:31:38

By going on and on about it in the media, it’s actually going to help Johnson in the long run as nobody likes a witch hunt
( and yes, it is that now) and nobody likes to think that having recorded a private row, it’s then sold to a newspaper which supports different politics.
Nothing to do with either calling or not calling the police.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 25-Jun-19 15:12:42

Nothing to do with witch hunts or obsession, but everything to do with wanting the prime minister to be morally upstanding, honest, intelligent and dignified.

Johnson doesn’t fulfil one of those criteria

Violettham Tue 25-Jun-19 15:09:43

I am feeling a bit odd am I so wrong in wanting the person who is to run our Country to be of good character. Not someone who will not be open about their life and preferably happily married, family person.

SirChenjin Tue 25-Jun-19 14:52:05

Do you think? Oh well then - that's it settled.

Firecracker123 Tue 25-Jun-19 14:43:09

Me thinks some people are becoming obsessed with Boris, it's not healthy ladies lol.

Callistemon Tue 25-Jun-19 14:38:51

if you have no leanings you can be unbiased and judge each issue objectively, substituting one name/party for another, without bias.
However, there aren't many of us around Pantglas1 grin

You're right, there were seats in First but it is against Corbyn's principles to sit there. He has left his upbringing behind.

Perhaps it's all that rain making Johnson's hair grow, Whitewave - but how come it looked like a sunny day in the photo?

SirChenjin Tue 25-Jun-19 14:37:55

Poor Boris grin

Firecracker123 Tue 25-Jun-19 14:32:37

It's turning into a witch hunt now poor Boris fuelled mostly by remainer hatred because of his stance on Brexit trying to stop him becoming PM.

Pantglas1 Tue 25-Jun-19 13:24:39

As I understand it JacquiG, he was offered a seat in 1st Class, declined it, then subsequently took a standard seat when another family were upgraded to 1st Class.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 25-Jun-19 12:59:21

Cressida Dick said it was correct to call the police btw