Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(33 Posts)
cornergran Mon 24-Jun-19 06:46:52

Morning Mick, morning All from an overcast corner of Somerset. Mr C has an early dental appointment so the chauffeur needs to be organised. Catch up day after that before a peaceful evening while Mr C is off to a meeting. Hope you get to the cemetery today Mick and Monday is kind to everyone.

Ginny42 Mon 24-Jun-19 06:46:40

Good morning Mick and everyone. I thought I was an early riser but 2.30 and 3.30?

It's poured in the night, but thank goodness the thunderstorm forecast did not arrive. Car in today for new air con unit. Expensive, but someone hit the front of my car and damaged the pipes. Really missed it these last few days, so I'll be glad to get it fixed. Decided to have a baking day today.

Enjoy your day everyone and hope anyone feeling poorly is a little better today.

MawBroonsback Mon 24-Jun-19 06:43:39

Good morning all from N Bucks where it is another lovely day! I was expecting thunder and rain, but won’t pack away the brolly or mac yet.
Feeling very happy that my weekend of “operation grannies in charge” was successfully accomplished
My co- granny and I had a lovely weekend looking after the 3 Moseley DGCs (plus a rather dauntingly large house which currently does not have a kitchen) and it was a privilege to be a part of their lives.
Picking Hattie up from kennels this morning then I am also starting a new Future Learn course on Royal Fashion through history. I am fascinated by the history of fashion and the social history which accompanies it and this was the closest online course I could find.
But as I also enjoy historical fiction (Bring Up the Bodies being my latest favourite) , I hope this will be really interesting.
Wishing relief from medical issues for those suffering (Marydoll and oldgaijin among you) and a pleasant day to all!

Greyjoy1953 Mon 24-Jun-19 06:39:51

Sorry that should have been jog not job..

Greyjoy1953 Mon 24-Jun-19 06:38:51

Morning all, grey here too in Essex this morning. Been up since 5 why when we are retired do we wake so early!! Off to see mum this afternoon, still in hospital hopefully she is a bit more mobile and they will let her out soon. She’s getting stressed out being there. Contemplating going for a job but only contemplating ha ha. Have a good day everyone.

vena11 Mon 24-Jun-19 06:25:42

Morning Mick and Ninathenana. grey here in Bristol funny sky, I have been awake since 2.30 just could not sleep. up now and going out soon to look after the wee ones then take them to school, might need a little nap later.
Have a good day everyone.

ninathenana Mon 24-Jun-19 06:19:46

Morning Mick and everyone.

Grey skies in Kent but so far dry.
I have been up since 3.30, just couldn't sleep. One advantage, the vixen and one cub came right up to the patio door about 5.00am.
Housework and paperwork to do today.
Have a good day everyone.

12Michael Mon 24-Jun-19 06:12:18

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but with a bit of greyness in the sky, signs of thunderstorms? here in Brackley.
Quiet day some housework, then maybe if the weather holds out a visit to the cemetery.
Mick