Gransnet forums

Chat

Are co-ordinated clothes in your DNA too?

(13 Posts)
MiniMoon Thu 27-Jun-19 13:40:11

I'm fairly coordinated today. I'm wearing dark denim jeans and a dark blue and white cotton shirt. My earrings are pink though, they were the first pair I put my hand on this morning. I would like to be more coordinated, but sadly, like greyduster, I generally but what I like without thinking about whether it will go with anything in my wardrobe.

BBbevan Thu 27-Jun-19 12:56:13

Sadly I am a 'matched' person. Even my earrings have to match or co-ordinate. I am also a bit particular about pattern, so mostly wear plain colours

EllanVannin Thu 27-Jun-19 12:50:36

Bright coloured and flowery but jackets have to match the colour of a flower------then the beads hahahaha. I have hundreds of necklaces so there's always something that'll match whatever I wear.
I wouldn't feel right if nothing matched.

vena11 Thu 27-Jun-19 12:44:25

Yes love it . Like bright colours but everything must blend together, no white bras under white tops always flesh coloured. Love navy cloths with bright coloured shoes and bags.

Day6 Thu 27-Jun-19 12:39:10

Yes, clothes-wise I tend to coordinate. Bag and shoes match, and trousers and tops have to go together, but I do daring colour combinations like lime green and black, purple and yellow. I cannot mix patterns. I even like beads (I am a fan of chunky necklaces) to pick up the colour of my outfit. OH sighs in despair when I check out costume jewellery when we are out. He just doesn't understand the need to find green beads, or orange ones.

As for underwear I only do white and black colours these days, and flesh coloured for summer, and nothing fancy. Bras and knickers might match in colour but they have to be comfy.

Greyduster Thu 27-Jun-19 12:29:18

The only thing I like to colour co-ordinate are my fishing flies! I am very fussy about those. Clothes? Nah! I went to Cotton Traders yesterday to pick up something for DH, and noticed a pair of trousers on the way out. So I bought them. It never occurred to me to give a second thought to whether they would go with anything in my wardrobe and as it happens, they don’t ?! Hopeless, me.

Bellanonna Thu 27-Jun-19 12:29:01

I’m indoors this morning with spotted knee-length shorts and a striped top. The combination happened by accident because they were the only shorts I could quickly lay my hands on but I certainly wouldn’t go out like this.

sodapop Thu 27-Jun-19 12:23:46

Yes I have to coordinate as well. Not just with my clothes but soft furnishings, paint, wallpaper etc. I would love to be brave enough to wear clashing colours, prints etc but I can't do it.

Teetime Thu 27-Jun-19 11:43:23

Me too! Must have matching underwear and preferably matching what's on top too - supposing I got run over. grin

GrannyGravy13 Thu 27-Jun-19 11:36:18

blzzle I get teased by friends and family because I would not be able to function without matching underwear (even to the gym, stables etc).

My Grans were go-ordinated as was my dear late Mum, so definitely in my DNA

Sara65 Thu 27-Jun-19 11:26:13

I like clashing colours, reds and pinks together, I love purple with lime green or turquoise, we were always told, blue and green should never be seen, but I like it.

aggie Thu 27-Jun-19 11:24:09

Oh yes I love the co-ordinated look , don't quite achieve it ! I went out this morning in a flowered Tshirt and ,, horror of horrors ,, a striped linen jacket that went with nothing , not even my jeans wink

b1zzle Thu 27-Jun-19 11:21:34

How I envy women who walk down the high street wearing clothes that my mother would have said 'don't match'! She would always insist on black shoes with black skirt/trousers, etc. etc. and now even if I'm having an indoor day, I have to have everything co-ordinated colour-wise. I've tried rebelling, but the co-ordinating rule is too ingrained now ...