Gransnet forums

Chat

Who do you look like?

(149 Posts)
NanKate Thu 27-Jun-19 19:40:41

I have just seen the politician Chris Williamson on TV he just looks like Voldermort IMO.

Do you or your family resemble anyone ?

HannahLoisLuke Fri 28-Jun-19 23:48:47

Ive been told lots of times that I look like Joanna Lumley or Joni Mitcheell.

Not complaining!

Yearoff Fri 28-Jun-19 23:43:13

My guy looks like Brad Garrett (Robert, the brother, in Everyone Loves Raymond). Once you’ve seen it you can’t unsee it!

arosebyanyothername Fri 28-Jun-19 22:54:48

Treebee I was told I looked like Mary Hopkin too in the 70’s. Couldn’t see it myself apart from the long blond hair!

annodomini Fri 28-Jun-19 22:45:57

A cousin of my father's once put it this way:
"When I saw you getting out of the car, I could see your mother but when you came in the door, I could see your father".
So there you are! My hair and colouring are more like my mother's; I have my dad's cheekbones and his brow. I fear that my eyebrows are becoming bushy like his. I must make an appointment at the salon soon!

agnurse Fri 28-Jun-19 22:36:05

I'm unlikely to be mistaken for a celebrity, but I very strongly resemble my father's maternal grandmother and some of my father's cousins.

Looking at pictures of my father's cousins when they were young is akin to looking into a mirror. You would swear they are pictures of me. For many years I didn't know whether I took after my grandmother's or grandfather's side of the family because these particular cousins were double first cousins to my father (Grandpa's brother was married to Grandma's sister and these were their daughters). But when Hubby looked at a photo of my grandparents' families when my GPs were young, he immediately identified that I very strongly resemble Grandma's late mother.

cupcake1 Fri 28-Jun-19 22:30:17

I to was told many times I looked like Anita Harris georgygirl ! Haven’t heard that in quite a few years now though, I wonder why?!! grin

Solonge Fri 28-Jun-19 22:08:50

oh....and my husband was taken for David Letterman half a dozen times when we were in the USA.

Solonge Fri 28-Jun-19 22:08:00

Angie from EastEnders when I was in my 30s.... and Liza Minelli apparently when I was in my 20s....

Framilode Fri 28-Jun-19 21:57:24

Some years ago in Australia we were boarding a flight to go from Cairns to Sydney. As we walked up the steps the steward at the top did a double take and said to my husband 'It's an honour to have you aboard sir'.

We took our seats and after take off the steward came over and said 'I know you're travelling incognito but I just want to say again what an honour it is to have you aboard. The whole crew are delighted'. My husband played along but we never did find out who he was supposed to be.

Barmeyoldbat Fri 28-Jun-19 21:50:59

I like to keep my hair short, Judy Dench short, when it gets longish and out of hand I have been told I look like Brian May from the back.

blossom14 Fri 28-Jun-19 21:28:27

In the sixties I was told I looked like Shirley Bassey ( I was never a big spender). In the seventies it was Glenda Jackson.
Now I look like a little old lady.

Lazigirl Fri 28-Jun-19 21:04:52

I used to think I looked like my mother, which was bad enough but now I fear I look like my granny. ?

GeorgyGirl Fri 28-Jun-19 20:46:27

In my youth someone once said I looked like Anita Harris but not the same colour eyes lol!

Treebee Fri 28-Jun-19 20:24:19

I used to resemble singer Mary Hopkin with her long blonde hair and round face.
Now apparently I look more like Penelope Keith.

arosebyanyothername Fri 28-Jun-19 20:21:07

When DH was younger he looked like Noel Edmonds, beard and all! ?

olliebeak Fri 28-Jun-19 19:55:45

When I was young, I saw very little of my 'maternal grandmother'. I was taken to visit her at the age of 13 (in 1964) for her to make the comment 'Oooh you look just like Libby Morris!'. Don't get me wrong, as I got older I grew to like the lady, as she really WAS very funny .............. but at that age, I didn't need to be told, especially at that age, that I looked like somebody who was known for her 'grimaces' when appearing on ''Don't Say A Word' (a charade game TV series at that time).

Marilla Fri 28-Jun-19 19:45:20

Mrs Doubtfire!

Callistemon Fri 28-Jun-19 18:25:05

Nice, Blinko!
Now, why won't my hair go like that?
It's just how I've been wanting it for years, now given in!!
smile

Newatthis Fri 28-Jun-19 18:21:45

I used to look like Wonderwoman, in fact I was asked for an autograph once . Oh .. those were the days!

Maggiemaybe Fri 28-Jun-19 18:19:08

Is it too terrible to say I hope it is him? grin

That pineapple has a fine pair of legs though, don't you think, cavewoman? Not so sure about the figure....

Tedber Fri 28-Jun-19 18:10:33

Blinko you look amazing. Good for you on posting. I always wonder what members look like. Picture them in my head and probably nowhere near the mark (not speaking about you her btw)

I have never been told I look like anyone famous BUT I have come to the conclusion I must have a really 'common' face! I can't count just how many people tell me "you look just like...." "Have you got a twin?" err "No"
The best (or worst) was when a woman fainted at my feet ...reason being I looked just like her deceased daughter!!! Even abroad people are telling me I look just like their auntie, sister, friend, daughter etc. Got to the stage where I believe I am just a clone ha ha ha

Tillybelle Fri 28-Jun-19 17:40:48

BlueBelle. Crumbs!! I don't know! I've not seen him since I moved! Is it too terrible to say I hope it is him?

MrsAllboys Fri 28-Jun-19 17:03:27

GrannyGravy your husband must be very attractive, as Dirty Den was quite a heart throb in his day!

cavewoman Fri 28-Jun-19 16:27:04

Haha, Maggie. Just had to watch it on Youtube.
Maybe it was those bright yellow tights you used to wear? grin

Maggiemaybe Fri 28-Jun-19 16:14:46

We have an old Cavendish Toffee Poster framed of some past Royals including Queen Victoria. My granddaughter pointed to her the other day and said that’s you isn’t it Grandma!

My DGS2 used to point at the dancing pineapple in the Agadoo video and insist it was me. None of us could work out why......