Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(43 Posts)
12Michael Fri 28-Jun-19 06:13:45

Good Morning Everyone,
The sky this morning is grey but its dry, and with some wind.
Hoping the Sun appears later.
Usual Friday for me , had planned to have a few beers but have changed my mind.
Visit to the chippy nearby later.
Mick

Maggiemaybe Fri 28-Jun-19 14:40:06

Lucky you, BlueSapphire! We were in St Petersburg last month, and as you say, it's beautiful. We'd been there as students in 1973, when it was Leningrad, and a completely different (and very grey) world. Our guide took us for a trip on the metro and nearly lost some of us - those doors close really quickly!

Good afternoon from me from what we now know as Gentleman Jack country. smile

BlueSapphire Fri 28-Jun-19 13:45:02

Good afternoon everyone from the beautiful city of St Petersburg, although from where we're berthed all we can see is row after row of communist style tower blocks stretching into the distance. It's a lovely sunny day but a chill wind.

Had a good city tour this morning, and boat trip on the River Neva, and am so happy that I've seen the Winter Palace. Had to keep pinching myself! Spent some roubles on a couple of those Russian dolls for the DGDs.

Going out this evening on an exclusive tour of the Hermitage, only private groups, no crowds - another dream.

Hope everyone's day is going well.

Hebdenali Fri 28-Jun-19 13:33:47

Sitting on a beach in la Palma having arrived last night. Contemplating my lunch in a few minutes with a glass of local wine. Black volcanic sand takes a bit of getting used to though!

nonnasusie Fri 28-Jun-19 11:22:59

Belated good morning from Italy! Just been shopping and didn't want to leave the air conditioned supermarket! 40c again today, don't think I'll be going outside again until later! Enjoy the rest of the day everyone.

Legs55 Fri 28-Jun-19 11:08:01

Nanabanana1 Devon's lovely this morning, I'm a bit more inland than you, sun's shining but it's very breezy. Hope it's not another day of tragedy in the Bay todaysad

Been up since 6.30, trip to Post Office early & now I'm going to potter in the garden, hope this weather holds for the weekendsunshine

Urmstongran Fri 28-Jun-19 10:48:32

That sounds teasingly mysterious Maw
?

MawBroonsback Fri 28-Jun-19 10:20:20

Good morning all!
Good luck to Panache and Mr P who are scheduled to move into a sheltered apartment today.
Yesterday was a rather surreal day grin (no names, no pack drill) so I hope today will be more “normal”!
Wishing you all a pleasant day ☀️☀️☀️

Mythbirtthedragon Fri 28-Jun-19 10:12:52

Good morning from east London, bright outside and promising to be warm. Taking it easy this morning, didn’t get in til nearly 1 this morning as got involved with a post concert wind down which involved running through our current choir repertoire. (Almost like student days). School pick up this afternoon to take GD to her dad’s then tennis this evening. Have a good day.

vena11 Fri 28-Jun-19 09:54:43

Morning to all, sun shining here but a bit windy again. Not up to much today just waiting for a phone call about DH's MRI scan . Always something to worry about .

Cambia Fri 28-Jun-19 09:46:46

Good morning everyone.
Sitting here in a Greek hospital being cheered up by Gransnet. Picked a bug up in Peru a month ago and hopefully just having it blitzed by Greek drugs. So glad to be going home this afternoon.

EllanVannin Fri 28-Jun-19 09:24:30

Good Morning All x
Another fine day if a little breezy, but I'm certainly not complaining. A lovely wash day but I haven't got any to do !

Aussie D and SiL are due home from Skiathos today but will be vanishing again to Kent for the weekend to see his brother, then back here on Monday for a day or two before their long trip back. They've had a wonderful time with friends at a villa, so lovely memories to take back with them.

Apart from a bit of tidying up I won't be doing much else.

Hope everyone will see the sun today, it lifts the spirits so enjoy whatever you have planned.

Auntieflo Fri 28-Jun-19 09:07:35

Morning Michael, Annie and all. ‘The sun has got his hat on’ again this morning, hooray, but hope it’s not too hot, as I am doing an extra volunteer afternoon.
Just seen, out of the corner of my eye, a spider heading for my bare toes! Now he’s heading under the washing machine.
Must go and water my tomato plants, as I forgot yesterday, poor things.
Enjoy your day, one and all.

Mapleleaf Fri 28-Jun-19 09:06:53

(today not needed in that sentence - I really should proof read before posting!)

Mapleleaf Fri 28-Jun-19 09:05:31

Good morning everyone,
As greyduster says, it’s overcast here at the moment, but the forecast is for it to brighten up this afternoon.
My plan this morning is to trim the hedge at the front today (been my intention all week...) before the sun makes it too hot.
Later will make a quiche for tea (DH request last night).
Hope you all have a good day, whatever your plans. ?

GabriellaG54 Fri 28-Jun-19 08:53:39

Hi everyone from sunny blue-skied (with a bit of breeze) Godalming.
Had a nice 'good morning' message from one of my sons at 7.30 which was unexpected and made me smile.
I'm about to have a spinach and chilli-flake omelette and 1 slice of seeded organic wholewheat bread n butter with honey and a large banana. That's all my food until 6pm as I don't like feeling too full.
Hair appt for next Tues and the weekend to look forward to.
More photography perhaps...? and dinner with OH on Sat.
Enjoy your weekends and I hope the sun shines for everyone. ☀️?

Anniebach Fri 28-Jun-19 08:53:10

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Not raining in Mid Wales

Hope everyone has a good day x

Greyduster Fri 28-Jun-19 08:48:14

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Quite overcast in South Yorkshire at the moment. We have a friend coming to lunch today and for some reason I have not slept a wink all night so goodness knows what the food will be like, and I will likely fall asleep face down in the pineapple upside down cake! Enjoy your romantic supper NanKate - people didn’t give much for our chances either but we more than proved them wrong, too!

Sar53 Fri 28-Jun-19 08:32:36

Good morning everyone from a dull Essex by the sea. Not much planned today apart from food shopping, I know how to live !!!
Have a good day everyone.

Brunette10 Fri 28-Jun-19 08:24:40

Good Morning from a dullish Fife, so disappointed that the sun isn't shining like yesterday. Nothing planned for today but maybe if the sun pops it head out we may head out for lunch somewhere. Hope everyone has a good day.

Urmstongran Fri 28-Jun-19 08:11:47

Good morning everyone from another glorious day in South Manchester. We are picking dad up at lunchtime to eat at his favourite Italian restaurant where he enjoys the same dish every time we go.

My husband will be taking our 6y old grandson to his cricket practice at tea time. I don’t know who enjoys it more!

Hope you feel better soon Marydoll you’re having a tough time.

Hope Friday (woohoo gillybob!) is good to us all whether we have plans or none.

harrigran Fri 28-Jun-19 08:09:14

Good morning from an overcast NE, hoping it will be another pleasant day.
Yesterday proved to be warm and very sunny for our trip into Cumbria for lunch. We had a two hour catch up with friends before they had to leave as they still have DC at school.
I have to leave soon for the Diabetes course, my friend is going to take me and stay with me.

Nanabanana1 Fri 28-Jun-19 08:04:57

Good morning everyone lovely morning here in Torbay.
Off to National Cream Tea day today with over 60’s club. Yum yum! Picking up grandchildren later to spend weekend with me ?

gillybob Fri 28-Jun-19 08:04:17

Good morning from the NE coast where it’s quite dull and cloudy . Sunshine due later (hopefully for 1 o’clock when I will run out of “that place” screaming like a banshee).

Last school run of the week as their mum finishes early today too but I have little Evie on Saturday night and all day Sunday so only one night off for this wicked woman ! Might drink myself into a stupor tonight who knows? grin

I hope you continue to have a lovely holiday in Lindos NannyJan And have a lovely “anniversary of when we met” date NanKate how romantic. I can’t remember when DH and I met although I should do as it’s the day I started working at the same place he worked. It obviously wasn’t a romantic meeting as we were work colleagues for a while before we became “lovers” blush ooooooohhhhh. Must try and work it out sometime.

Thank you for rembering that I BLOOMIN’ LOVE FRIDAY’S Beechnut it always feels like some heavy chains have been cut for a couple of days .

Have. Good day everyone x

Marydoll Fri 28-Jun-19 07:54:52

Good morning Mick and all from a verry muggy Glasgow.

Not much planned as I wasn't too well yesterday, chest pains and the exhaustion was overwhelming, so a good excuse to do nothing! Hopefully I will get my second angiogram soon.
Our garden is looking much better than a year ago, during all the building work. so I will just sit and admire. smile
I was out in the dark last night, removing all the dead solar lights, DH thought I was mad!

Nannyjan, I'm so envious of you. We stayed in Rhodes town a few years ago, (our first visit to Greece) I would go back in a heartbeat.

Wishing everyone a pleasant day.

Pittcity Fri 28-Jun-19 07:50:56

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. I am suffering from the high pollen count and the breeze blowing it in through the bedroom windows that DH insists on having wide open even though it's not that warm! I'll be ok once the antihistamines kick in.
Bits and bobs today.