Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(34 Posts)
12Michael Sat 29-Jun-19 06:21:07

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a blue sky start this morning in Brackley.
My usual day out but with rising temperatures I will take bottled water with me and purchase as well.
Hoping I spot a bargain on the flea market, and then later see if I can make the perfect curry , having posted on the food forum and got some useful tips earlier .
Mick

EllanVannin Sat 29-Jun-19 10:12:33

Good Morning All x
Thought I'd shower, etc, first because of feeling sticky ( me, hot for a change ! ) not complaining though.

Not the wall to wall sunshine today as we have a storm forecast which is typical for the NW ( rolls eyes ), 2 fine days and that's your lot here ! Warm and dull at the moment.

Don't need any shopping as I got what I needed yesterday in case the weather turned. Nor do I intend doing much indoors either, apart from sorting out the mounting paperwork-------where does it all come from ?

Enjoy your day everyone whatever you do.

gillybob Sat 29-Jun-19 09:53:08

A very late good morning from the NE coast where it is warm and bright but quite cloudy. Nothing planned for today except a bit of a tidy up in my front garden (it’s only a tiny patch so should take all of about 10 minutes) and perhaps a bit of a walk into town later.

I had little Evie yesterday afternoon straight from “that place” which was a complete joy. I took her to the park to feed the ducks and have a turn on the little train which she loved. We played for ages on the swings and she had a bit of a paddy when it was time to leave . I might be having her overnight tonight depending on a possible shift change but will wait and see.

Have a good Saturday everyone x

Mythbirtthedragon Sat 29-Jun-19 09:17:11

Good morning from east London, bright and breezy and warm. Almost regretting the offer to DD to go and help sort out her house (she’s a dreadful accumulator and has bags of stuff everywhere). However , it’s a rare weekend when she’s not working and GD is with her dad. It will be hot. May eat out with her and her fiancé this evening - East Ham has no shortage of curry places. Have a good day.

Anniebach Sat 29-Jun-19 08:53:53

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Sunshine in Mid Wales

Hope everyone has a good day x

aggie Sat 29-Jun-19 08:52:36

Good Morning All , wet here and hot ! No i am not in the hot tub , it has been thundering and pouring rain and electricity was off , glad I put the cushions away from the patio furniture

Lins1066 Sat 29-Jun-19 08:49:12

have bought ?

Lins1066 Sat 29-Jun-19 08:47:21

Good Morning Mick and everyone. What a scorcher yesterday on S Welsh coast. Windy in the morning, then by late afternoon, no wind at all. Ate on patio last evening which was lovely.
We are looking after the granddog for the next 10 days as DS and DiL are off on holiday today. They gave bought her a cool pad grey, will let you know if it is successful.
Good luck with clearing your loft NannyTopsy that is a task and a half if it is anything like ours ( we emptied ours a couple of years ago now )
Have a good day everyone.

kittylester Sat 29-Jun-19 08:33:43

Morning all from a warm and sunny North Leicestershire.

A bit late this morning as DD2 is doing long distance panicking! She had a biopsy on her hand yesterday. The dressing has already come off and she was not sent home with any more. Hey ho!

vena11 Sat 29-Jun-19 08:33:03

Morning all ,everyone enjoy this lovely weather, it has to be warmer here in Bristol today. I have a south facing garden so I think I will be under the gazebo most of the day. We got good news with DH MRI yesterday. Enjoy your Saturday all .

Greyduster Sat 29-Jun-19 08:07:28

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is climbing in South Yorkshire. It’s going to be a hot one. DH is supposed to be going to watch GS play in a football tournament today - too long for me. I will stay here and cook lunch for them all. Then GS is staying over which we are greatly looking forward to.
Scary dogs and leopards, NanKate? Too much cheese at bedtime!?. Have a good day folks.

Pittcity Sat 29-Jun-19 08:06:38

Good morning from sunny Colchester. It's gonna be a scorcher.
Into town for an early haircut and bit of shopping then home to melt.
We are evening guests at a wedding and so will need an afternoon nap.

Brunette10 Sat 29-Jun-19 08:05:26

Good Morning from a sunny Fife again. Gorgeous weather. DH has new driveway fence to paint so hopefully today will see that finished. I will potter and probably will see DD with DGS's. Hoping so. Urmstongran have a good trip to the Highlands - beautiful. Hope everyone has a good day.

oldgaijin Sat 29-Jun-19 08:03:48

Good morning all from a bright and sunny Aberdeenshire! There is a coolish breeze and I plan to do s.f.a with tea and a good book in the garden as this is really the first day of rejoining the land of the living after my unplanned and unceremonious trip to hospital. The family have been and gone and looked after me well, but all the preplanned meals, shopping etc. went to pot. The mutt was a confused wee boy too, not sure who's bed to sleep on, so he wandered around them all, at night. Now he has the old bat all to himself again and we are going to attempt a gentle totter round the woods later as he has missed all his wee, (and big) pals.
Have a great day everyone.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 29-Jun-19 07:58:52

Morning all. Phew, what a scorcher we had yesterday and I suspect it's going to be the same in South Notts today.
The washing machine's on and I'll mow the lawn later, do some watering and tackle the giant crossword. It'll be too hot to be more energetic than that.
In town I bought some pretty floral fabric for another summer dress (don't really need one but I couldn't resist) which wasn't expensive and I'll set to on that later.
Hope all is well with everyone. Keep cool.

Marydoll Sat 29-Jun-19 07:58:43

Good morning all from a muggy Glasgow, rain is forecast for later. sad

Nothing is planned, but I expect a least one of my children will pop in, looking to be fed. I will need to get baking.

Urmonstangran, that's long journey for you tomorrow.

Wishing everyone a pleasant Saturday.

ninathenana Sat 29-Jun-19 07:44:20

Morning all.
The sun is out in my bit of Kent sprout I think DH will need to get the patio umbrella out and we will be eating al-fresco tonight.
Just a day of pottering for us. Those of you planning trips, have fun.

cornergran Sat 29-Jun-19 07:38:04

Morning Mick morning All from our bright and sunny corner of Somerset. A few jobs to catch up with and must visit a supermarket as we’re very Mother Hubbard. Hope Saturday is kind to everyone.

dragonfly46 Sat 29-Jun-19 07:31:52

Good morning all, envying you your curry mick. Hoping for a happier day than yesterday. Spending the day keeping the granddoggy cool!

MawBroonsback Sat 29-Jun-19 07:31:39

Good morning all from N Bucks where it is stick a bit hazy but of course that will burn off.
I am taking refuge from the heat this afternoon in the air conditioning of the Errol Flynn Filmhouse - going to see “Yesterday” and looking forward to it.
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

travelsafar Sat 29-Jun-19 07:30:15

Morning all. A lovely start to the day here in Letchworth. Hope everyone has an good day and the chance to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather we are experiencing at the moment. We have Armed Forces Day today in town and i am off this morning to help man one of the stalls, then this afternoon i will be bowling.Plenty of factor 50, sunglasses and hat along with bottles of water will be required if the forcast of a 31 degree temperature is correct!!!! Take care everyone.smile

Nanabanana1 Sat 29-Jun-19 07:29:59

Good morning everyone lovely morning here in Torbay, 2 of my grandchildren with me this weekend so they keep me busy, both teenagers so no early rising for them.
Wishing a good day to all.

harrigran Sat 29-Jun-19 07:28:10

Good morning from a mild NE, not quite sunny yet.
Will need to go shopping at some point.

Bibinana Sat 29-Jun-19 07:26:20

Good Morning All, Bright and sunny here in Maldon, ESSEX, where the salt comes from! Looking forward to BBQ later with great friends and coping with four month old Chessie puppy who is making garden look like the surface of the moon with her digging! Have great day all.

Sprout Sat 29-Jun-19 07:21:40

Morning Mick and all. Dull here at the moment in Kent but sure it will change later. Hairdressers this morning some more blonde and red and brown based got to keep up with the times. Then home as need to keep dogs cool when temperature rises. Take care everyone today.

NanKate Sat 29-Jun-19 07:07:17

Morning Mick and All.

Enjoy your curry Mick with mango chutney I hope.

It will be in the low 30s here in South Bucks so will try and get a quick walk in before the heat arrives. Will watch some of the women’s football, it has been so good especially USA v France.

Had frightening dreams about scary dogs and a large leopard staring down at me from a tree ?