Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(42 Posts)
12Michael Fri 12-Jul-19 06:14:12

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a sunny start here in Brackley but we had some rain in the night.
Usual shop ,and then it will be couch potato day with Tour De France.
Mick

GabriellaG54 Fri 12-Jul-19 11:53:33

aggie
Strange...my hydrangea has reddish tinged leaves this year too.
Have I watered too much or too little? It's in a very large ceramic pot.
Does it need an ericacious feed?
It was planted into a commercial peaty compost containing some perlite.

NanaPlenty Fri 12-Jul-19 11:05:25

Morning everyone. Early start with my lovely grandchildren in Ashtead - lots of fun and all before 8 am! Praying for a good journey on the M25 as yesterday was dreadful - back to Essex (warm but very cloudy) and looking forward to. Saturday BBQ with friends. Have a good one everybody xxxx

Auntieflo Fri 12-Jul-19 10:58:52

Peonyrose I keep meaning to say ‘hello’, but forgetting, so have a bunch of my Bowl of Beauty buds that opened indoors. Welcome.

Mapleleaf Fri 12-Jul-19 10:38:39

Good morning everyone and welcome, Peonyrose. I love your user name - they are two of my favourite flowers. ?
Well, I had plans to pop into town for a mooch around, but I'm feeling rather light-headed and headachy at the moment so I think I will stay put.
The phone has been sorted, and it was as I suspected - crossed lines.
Those of you out and about today, have a lovely time. Those feeling not too well, I hope you soon feel brighter.
Take care, all.

GabriellaG54 Fri 12-Jul-19 10:29:36

gillybob grin
Enjoy every minute of your weekend.
I do hope you have plenty of 'me' time. ?

GabriellaG54 Fri 12-Jul-19 10:25:00

Hi-de-hi campers ??
Another sunny day in Godalming...blue sky, fluffy white clouds, 22° and rising.
Usual run this morning but different route as we met at Blackdown which is quite hilly and roughish terrain in parts. Met two young women who were running with weighted vests. ?
I'm not up for that.
Brekkie of spelt porridge with blueberries and 2 glasses of water.
M&S today to return some lovely linen trousers which are falling off me. Luckily I still have the receipt but the downside is that I will invariably shop for food and browse the market in the High St.
Actually, looking out of the window now, I see some grey clouds are looming. Not rain...pleeease ?
Good wishes for a fabulous weekend to all GNers and to those of you who are struggling with worries or health issues...???? take care.

harrigran Fri 12-Jul-19 09:47:22

Good morning from an overcast NE, what's new ?
Slept in this morning, was surprised to find it was 9am when I woke.
My GP rang me yesterday afternoon, I only had my blood test done the day before. I have to return on Monday for more blood tests and will have another gastroscopy within two weeks.
Family are away for the weekend for their annual meet-up with their university friends. DS and DIL both went to UCL, it is where they met. DS is the only one of the group who has children, twenty six years since he graduated my goodness.

gillybob Fri 12-Jul-19 09:39:31

That’s it really !

aggie Fri 12-Jul-19 08:59:49

Morning all , bit cool out , I nipped out to throw the tealeaves round my Hydrangea , and felt a draft round my ankles , so came back in rather Quickly .
The Hydrangea is mine because I chose it and it was rather limp and unattractive last year , the leaves are a strange reddish colour and DD is not keen . It has responded to the tea leave treatment and is covered in huge flower buds

Anniebach Fri 12-Jul-19 08:53:21

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Grannycool52 Fri 12-Jul-19 08:46:29

Good morning from Dublin, everyone. It's bright but cloudy here. This morning I am meeting a good friend who lives half the year in Portugal & half here. Really looking forward to the chat & catching up with all her news.
Hope you all enjoy your day.

NannyJan53 Fri 12-Jul-19 08:43:18

Missed your post Urmston, thank you. They had been married nearly 15 years! He is 43 but you never stop worrying about them do you?

NannyJan53 Fri 12-Jul-19 08:41:18

So pleased to hear your DGD had a great day gillybob

Thank you Auntieflo a sad time for the family, especially for my 2 DGD's. I am supporting them all as best I can.

vena11 Fri 12-Jul-19 08:39:36

Good morning everyone , sunny here in Bristol with a lovely shower of rain in the night, the garden smells lovely and fresh. My daughter is coming today with the wee one for a few days so looking forward to that. Enjoy everyone where ever you are going and whatever you are doing .

Urmstongran Fri 12-Jul-19 08:37:56

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s wet. We had a downpour 10 minutes ago, now the sun is trying to shine but I don’t think it’ll last as the clouds are heavy and grey.

I’ve just waved to a friend I shared a bottle of wine with yesterday. She and another friend are on the station platform opposite going into the city to change trains there as they have tickets for the Centre Court at Wimbledon. She goes whenever she can get tickets. Is it a lottery? I meant to ask her but forgot as I am not a fan.

No plans for us today.

Hello peonyrose nice to welcome a newbie. Mick your band of followers just grows and grows!

A sad reason for moving into a new flat NannyJan53 bet you really feel for your son right now. Nobody gets married to get divorced do they?
?

Hope Friday is good to us all whether we have plans or (like me) none. x

P.s. one morning I will attempt a shorter message - mine are like War & Peace!

Brunette10 Fri 12-Jul-19 08:36:43

Good Morning to all from a bright Fife - hooray! DD and DGS's coming today, since it's nice we shall get out and about and have bit of fun. Peonyrose - welcome!. Yes Gillybob it's Friday and I know how much you like Fridays. Weekend is about upon us once again. Hope you all have a good day.

Nannytopsy Fri 12-Jul-19 08:25:16

Morning all! Cloudy but bright in Leicester and I am just slightly beginning to panic about moving house. What if the solicitor DOES manage the end of July?!! Still lots to do. Aaagh!
Have a good day everyone x

EllanVannin Fri 12-Jul-19 08:24:55

Good Morning All x
More like winter here. Windy, grey sky and cool/cold. This is the penalty for living near the sea.

Not much on the agenda so far, but each day has its surprises so never boring. I'll probably do some baking----jam tarts to use some jam up from a couple of weeks ago or it gets thrown out. I fancy tastes of things then wing it in the bin------I'll never change !

Hope everyone has a decent day.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 12-Jul-19 08:18:40

Morning all from a bright South Notts.
Can't make up my mind whether to get the bus to town for a little shopping or just chill out at home. I'm so indecisive.
Hope all is well with everyone.

Sprout Fri 12-Jul-19 08:11:35

Welcome Peonyrose everyone is lovely you will enjoy the thread.

Auntieflo Fri 12-Jul-19 08:05:03

Morning Michael, Annie to come and all. Another sunny day here in Berks, but with a breeze stirring the blinds, as I sit here, in bed, with a cup of tea, courtesy of DH.
Last night started off with the fan going , but woke later to find DH had switched it off.
Blood test later on, then shall go shopping. I have made a list, but won't stick to it smile.
Tomorrow we are going to our DD's for a BBQ. They host one every year for their church, and it's lovely to catch up with friends we have made over the years.
Marydoll {{{hugs}}}, and NannyJan53, best wishes for the help with the moving of your son.
Gillybob, yeah, it's Friday, enjoy.
Have a good day one and all.

gillybob Fri 12-Jul-19 07:59:59

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a bright start but rain expected later on.....what’s new?

Well the shutters will be coming down on the breakfast cafe in a few minutes after a very busy week and will repopen again on Tuesday morning bright and early... orders have already taken in advance (subject to availability of course) grin

DGD2 had a fantastic day at her new secondary school yesterday NannyJan and it seems she has made some new friends already which is a brilliant start. She was so excited when I picked her up having had taster lessons in Science, PE, English together with something called “Be” which was a class discussion. Basically all around how the school expect their pupils to behave and done in a really nice way....Be kind, be helpful, be thoughtful, be.......etc. Of course her little brother couldn’t resist.....Be horrible, be naughty, be loud...... little brothers eh? He was as high as a kite as he’d had a lovely school trip and lots of (usually banned) goodies in his packed lunch .

Second transition day at new school for DGD2 then off to the primary then “that place” for a wonderfully fantastic HALF DAY ....yippeeeee. I do love Friday afternoons as I have the whole weekend ahead of me although no rest for the wicked as I will be seeing to my dad, taking him for his shopping etc.

Welcome to Gransnet and the friendly Good morning thread Peonyrose smile

I hope everyone has a good Friday x

Mythbirtthedragon Fri 12-Jul-19 07:58:31

Good morning from East London, bright with a bit of cloud here and warm. I would say quiet day today but builders are digging up the basement floor. Really felt for them yesterday lugging the sacks of rubble up the steps. Great excuse to hide away and watch Nadal v Federer. Hope you have a good day

BlueSapphire Fri 12-Jul-19 07:55:34

Good morning all from a sunny Northampton, looks quite breezy out. Woken up with a very stiff neck again after trying yet a different combination/number of pillows. I know if will wear off during the morning, but this first hour it is really painful. Seeing the doctor next week, so will ask about it.

So sorry to hear about your BIL, Marydoll; sending condolences.

Silver Swans ballet was a good workout yesterday, for the brain as well as the body! She teaches us a few different steps then puts them into a sequence, and then trying to co-ordinate the arm movements with the steps is another mountain to climb! However, it is good fun. Then had a walk around with a friend planning short health walks for people unable to manage the regular hour-long ones.

Popping down to M&S food and Sainsbury's this morning, will have a coffee and do a top up shop. Then this afternoon the school run to collect DGDs for tea.

Hoping everyone's day goes well.

ninathenana Fri 12-Jul-19 07:49:02

Morning all.

A very muggy night in Kent. We were forecast showers but although it's cloudy nothing yet.
Usual Friday food shop but also going to buy paint for the lounge diner. Changing from teal feature walls to ochre.
Have a good day everyone.