Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(39 Posts)
12Michael Sat 13-Jul-19 06:10:32

Good Morning Everyone,
Its clear with some high cloud this morning in Brackley .
Another warm awaits , my usual day out to cafes in Bicester first, returning to Buckingham using the buses , coffees in both but will have sarny lunch , before coming back to watch the TdF on Eurosport , then a chinses later.
Mick

Mapleleaf Sat 13-Jul-19 12:56:37

Good afternoon,
Rather late posting as I've had a busy morning.
Going out for afternoon tea later ( a , ssh, Christmas gift ?), so looking forward to that.
I see in the paper that we are all to be advised on how much sleep we should get. I wish I could sleep better, but lately it's taking me ages to drop off and then I seem to wake every hour. I think it's too warm at the moment, and that's part of the problem.
Hope you all enjoy a good afternoon and evening.

Urmstongran Sat 13-Jul-19 09:55:19

Good morning everyone from a warm but dull South Manchester. I had a lie in this morning. Went to the bathroom at 5:30am and thought ‘Gabriella will be going out for her run about now’! What (virtual) friends we are all becoming. And then I went back to sleep. Bliss.

I’d leave the painting job until after the grandchildren have been nina! 2 weeks? Wow.

Your day yesterday sounded wonderful Maw. - a bit of everything in it. Enjoy putting your feet up today! Variety is the spice of life so we’re told.

With a bit of luck you’ll get your takeaway this evening instead gillybob!

I really enjoy Mick’s thread. Took me ages to read and post because of my tardiness. That’ll teach me (not).

I’m minding our 2y old cutie this afternoon whilst 6y old goes to a football presentation and BBQ with mummy and daddy. Bouncy castle etc and mummy has decided too big a crush for miss mini. Lucky me though! She is a doll.
❤️

Hope Saturday is kind to us all, whether we have plans or none.

P.s. I see I’ve still not managed a short post. Must try harder as my teachers used to say... x

Mythbirtthedragon Sat 13-Jul-19 09:26:59

Good morning from east London, cloudy and bright and definitely sleeveless top weather. In a hurry as have a choir rehearsal at 10am, ready for the show at WGP tomorrow. Scaffold currently going up around the house, tiles for the bathroom to collect this afternoon and a return to the dreaded paint colour discussion. Hope you day goes well.

Harris27 Sat 13-Jul-19 09:22:43

What a busy life you lead gillybob! Hope the meal went well. I left work at 4.30 and spent my time trying to pick up my
Prescription bp tablets out of stock waited an he going between Drs and chemist !! What a start to the weekend my friend at work had same problem last week! Shortage! Beware. Have good sat x

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 13-Jul-19 09:16:11

Morning all from a warm yet overcast South Notts.
A lazy day with the newspaper, books, crossword and lawnmower, if it stays dry.
Hope all is well with everyone.

harrigran Sat 13-Jul-19 09:15:52

Good morning, I had a bit of a lie in again as I took ages to get off to sleep last night.
Potential purchasers were returning for a third viewing last night so fingers crossed.
This afternoon we are having coffee and cake with sister and BIL.

EllanVannin Sat 13-Jul-19 09:11:07

Good Morning All x
Just one word to describe the weather here--------disgusting !
Gloomy, heavy sky and it's not so warm either. It doesn't help motivation at all.

D and stepD called yesterday afternoon, always lovely to see them. They had come from the x-ray department at the walk-in centre locally as stepD has chronic pain down one side of her body. Poor thing has suffered anxiety for the best part of her life as well just to add insult to injury so her thoughts on the pain are obviously " sinister ".
Anyway I do manage to make her laugh so she didn't feel so bad by the time her sister took her home.
Anxiety is such a terrible illness on its own without anything else going wrong and she's been a worry for many years but you can only do your best.

Not a lot to do today apart from a spot of tidying up and a couple of emails to write.
Enjoy your day everyone.

vena11 Sat 13-Jul-19 09:09:07

Morning all, dull but warm here in Bristol, hopefully the sun will appear later.

gillybob Sat 13-Jul-19 09:05:14

A late good morning from the NE coast where we have a cloudy start with rain expected later......again. What a non-summer this is turning out to be .

After a very busy week of school runs, childcare and “that place” i finally made it to the weekend. My dad kind of invited himself for supper last night followed by my sister who invited herself along too “unless she got a better offer” cheeky mare. I normally have an easy supper on a Friday or even a takeaway but ended up cooking again.

A day of housework and a bit of shopping later, nothing very much. That shop sounds delicious Gabriella smile

Have a good Saturday everyone x

BlueSapphire Sat 13-Jul-19 08:58:28

Morning all from a grey Northampton. Planning on cutting the back grass this morning, just waiting for a reasonable hour before I start up the mower! Then a late brunch and out this afternoon to DD's choir concert; I am so pleased she has kept up with her music - she went to Saturday morning music school from age 8 to 18, started playing the flute from age 8, was in the County Concert Band and County Senior Choir, toured abroad with the band, and has played in the Festival Hall. Still plays her flute in a band and still sings.

Nothing else planned, except to cook a steak tonight, and open a bottle of Malbec!

Hope today goes well for all.

NannyJan53 Sat 13-Jul-19 08:56:46

Good Morning from a warm but cloudy Black Country.

Eldest DGD is 15 today! How did that happen? I am only 39 smile

tanith my son is 44 later this year, just doesn't seem possible does it?

BBQ later today

Wishing everyone a lovely Saturday.

GabriellaG54 Sat 13-Jul-19 08:53:28

Auntieflo
No...it opens @09.30.
I just looked through the windows.
I've previously bought half doz pale pink linen napkins edged with hearts and 2 squashy velvet sushions in pink and pale plum (in sale).
Lovely shop. Sell cashmere sweaters too.

Anniebach Sat 13-Jul-19 08:51:25

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Brunette10 Sat 13-Jul-19 08:26:17

Good Morning to all from Fife. It's brightish out at the moment but I believe it may brighten up more later, it's not going to be cold though so that will do me. Having a day at home today and just pottering about like you Marydoll but I won't be in the garden, DH's domain smile. I have plenty to keep me occupied. Will have to get some flowers for friends wedding anniversary and meeting tomorrow for breakfast. Hope everyone has a good day. For those feeling under the weather take care.

Auntieflo Sat 13-Jul-19 08:24:16

Morning Michael, Annie to come and all.
Another couple here who are off to a BBQ this afternoon. Coffee first though with our usual group of friends in town.
Our neighbour, who has recently lost her husband, has asked me to bring her a paper, so I mustn't forget, as we don't buy a paper any more.
Gabriella, sounds as though your shop opens very early!
Have a good weekend one and all.

ninathenana Sat 13-Jul-19 08:21:01

Morning everyone.

A grey start in Kent, yesterdays showers didn't appear. In fact I can't remember the last time I saw rain.
We bought the paint yesterday, just need to decide if we decorate before the GC come for 2 wks or after.
Enjoy whatever your doing today.

MawBroonsback Sat 13-Jul-19 08:20:22

Good morning all from N Bucks where it is sunny but fresher.
Wiped out by yesterday in London which seemed especially heaving with tourists- I enjoyed the Leonardo drawings at the Queens Gallery, then a late lunch with sister in law, nephew and his lovely Swiss girlfriend. Then over to E17 to meet up with youngest D and baby DGS , back to theirs, then an Uber to middle D’s house where Flynn had just had his bath and was totally recharged with energy just before bedtime! Supper with her and the 10 ish train back from Euston and home just before 11.
I am not planning to do anything other than pop out for milk and watch the Women’s Tennis Final - also with my feet up!
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

Sweetpea60 Sat 13-Jul-19 08:10:45

Morning all happy saturday from sunny docklands . Spending the day on our allotment enjoying the sun then finishing with a drink at our local .

Marydoll Sat 13-Jul-19 08:10:23

Gabriella, stop teasing!!!!!

Marydoll Sat 13-Jul-19 08:09:22

Good morning from a cloudy Glasgow, hopefully it will clear up later.

A pottering about day for me, hopefully some of it spent in the garden. I have already prepared tonight's dinner and mad a pot of chicken soup, so that leaves me free to chill!
However, knowing me, that isn't likely to happen. grin

Have a good day, folks!

GabriellaG54 Sat 13-Jul-19 07:44:09

My day...grin

Pantglas1 Sat 13-Jul-19 07:41:19

Morning all from sunny Spain- nothing planned today but out to friends for paella this evening and a paddle in their plunge pool! Have a good day Amigas.

GabriellaG54 Sat 13-Jul-19 07:30:28

Hi-di-hi everyone ??? from a very warm, sunny, clear blue-skied Godalming.
15° rising to 23° later and I have already had my run sans buddy (who has taken family away for weekend but reminded me to get up early ?)
Woke at 5am and went out at 5.15 through some fields and along the tow-path. One or two people about and when my 90 mins was done I sauntered along to Biggie Best, a 'lifestyle' shop on the High St to see what was new.
Coffee, warm croissant and chat with a boat friend on way back, now decided to hie down to Brighton today, meet friends and have a proper fish n chip lunch cum dinner later.
I hate traipsing around with loads of bags so just a Roka backpack and minimal clothing plus hat n sunscreen.
I hope everyone has a very happy weekend as most of you (unlike me) work your socks off with GP 'duties' during the week and deserve a break.
??? + ☀️☀️☀️ and flowers to those not feeling too good.

Nannytopsy Sat 13-Jul-19 07:06:12

Morning all from Leicester. A power cut set off our neighbour’s burglar alarm at 3 am and it rang for an hour so I am not at my best today! Shopping, charity shop and tip I think, then gardening. Plus tennis of course!
I hope everyone has a good day.

Hal49 Sat 13-Jul-19 07:04:58

Morning Mick and All from a very muggy and overcast Mid Wales, let’s hope it will brighten up later.

Sounds like everyone’s going to have a busy day with BBQs and entertaining.

I’m about to start clearing a bit more of my garden (wilderness lol ?) followed by a trip to the local supermarket for my weekly shop - so nothing too exciting on the cards for today!

Have a great day everyone ?