Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(41 Posts)
12Michael Tue 16-Jul-19 06:16:24

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a blue sky start here in Brackley this morning, my usual day of going to Bicester and Buckingham.
because of bus situ I have to go to Buckingham first where I await for an X5 to Bicester just around 1115, getting to Bicester , I go and have a bacon bap and coffee , before I do other things like a Sainsburys , I then comeback on a less direct bus back to Buckingham , taking in some of the villages to the south of those two towns.
Getting to Buckingham , I go for s coffee , its just under 2 hours for my bus home , but I find the town relaxing if its a dry warm day.
Mick

Rufus2 Tue 16-Jul-19 15:14:19

Good Evening; Good Morning Wednesday! smile
Voluntary euthanasia is a current topic in Victoria, sad but necessary!

www.thesenior.com.au/story/6233530/you-know-its-your-time/

NanKate Tue 16-Jul-19 14:07:24

Bella and Jan you are both right.

TreasureHunt was the helicopter one and Challenge Anneke was the one where she was given a task to do in a certain amount of time persuading people to help her.

aggie Tue 16-Jul-19 11:46:00

Good Morning all , i have been up since silly o clock thought I had posted here but seems not .
It was raining earlier but now the sun is out , I must pop round to the wee farm shop

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 16-Jul-19 11:35:55

Morning all from a sunny South Notts.
Thought I'd do a wash then I lost my mobile phone, where could it be? Not in the usual places. Then I realised where I'd last seen it. I'd put it on top of the clothes so I could carry the wash bag downstairs, intending to put it on the worktop. It must've slipped out of sight. It's in the washing machine! Oh dear, I've set it to drain and hope it can be salvaged. What a twit I am. I'm getting worse.
Well Mick I could do with the comfort of a bacon butty. I'll have to dismantle the phone and leave it in some bread for 24 hours. This is trivial compared to so many of the worries others mention here.
Hope all is well with everyone.

Missiseff Tue 16-Jul-19 11:31:24

Back to work on a dull cloudy day after two weeks in the sun. Depressed.

GabriellaG54 Tue 16-Jul-19 11:19:11

Sprout
I do hope your companions (dogs) did not lie in this stuff. shockgrin

Tigertooth Tue 16-Jul-19 11:06:20

Good morning
Bright clear sky’s and hot from 7 am here on the Isle of Wight.
Off to the beach hut to flop with a book ( Philipa Gregory) and watch the world go by.

Urmstongran Tue 16-Jul-19 09:39:54

Funny isn’t it how we have preconceptions about other posters?

When you said yesterday that your grandson was having surgery yesterday Pantglas1 and wished you were nearby, I had in mind our 7y old so I was assuming your little grandson might be having grommets inserted or similar for that age group. So when you said upthread, he wants to go back to work today it amazed me!!

Whatever his age, I’m glad he’s feeling okay today.
??

Sprout Tue 16-Jul-19 09:24:59

Morning Mick and all. Lovely morning here in Kent. Dogs had a lye in this morning hence my late post. Home work today you know folks cleaning and washing general chores. I might even try a bit of gardening but that's only a might of course. I hope everyone is ok and those feeling poorly get better soon and anyone who has hospital apps it all goes well.

harrigran Tue 16-Jul-19 09:22:57

Good morning from a mild NE.
We were able to sit in the garden all day yesterday, lots of reading done.
Prospective buyers made an offer so low that it was offensive.
Still waiting for hospital appointment.

GabriellaG54 Tue 16-Jul-19 08:57:12

Oh well done Mr Barmeyoldbat.
?‍♂️??

Barmeyoldbat Tue 16-Jul-19 08:50:52

Good morning one all, what a glorious day here in North Somerset. The men are in to lay a new hardwood floor downstairs and the house is a complete mess. I t should be a day to go out cycling but feel we should stay near in case off questions. So we are now going for breakfast down at our coffee shop and then a look around for a new rug. The good news I must share, my husband 72, won a fell race of 15km on Sunday, well he won it for his age group but I am so proud of him.

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 16-Jul-19 08:50:21

Good morning from east London bright and sunny and, if it’s anything like yesterday, getting warmer as the day goes through. I think my eyes are still recovering from last night’s tennis match; the club we played at are orientated east/west so couldn’t see for half the match until the sun went down. Food shopping this morning, lunch with the foodbank people as the people running it are passing it over to others and childminding GD after school; may take her swimming to wear her down as she’s full of end of term energy. Have a good day.

Anniebach Tue 16-Jul-19 08:49:35

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Pantglas1 Tue 16-Jul-19 08:44:03

Good Morning all from sunny Spain, hope all your plans for today go well. Grandson is home from hospital today and wants to go back to work tomorrow - my daughter has raised hard workers!

Brunette10 Tue 16-Jul-19 08:33:37

Good Morning from a nice bright and warm Fife, vey late this morning as I tossed and turned the whole night, feel Ive hardly slept at all. Needless to say I'm very tired this morning. Everyone seems to be extremely busy today. We have DD and DGS's coming along today as seemingly DGS1 wants to come to grandma's house. Not sure how true that is smile. Anyway it will be lovely to have them all here despite my tiredness. Thinking about everyone today.

Mapleleaf Tue 16-Jul-19 08:19:38

Morning all,
Another lovely day in store for South Yorkshire. I’ve just been sitting in my garden with a cup of tea, enjoying the calm and watching the birds being busy, squabbling, feeding, etc. There’s a wood pigeon nest in my magnolia with a chick in it. I was concerned yesterday as my silly neighbour who backs onto my garden thought it a good idea to prod around the nest with a clothes prop! Think he got a bit of a shock when I said “what do you think you are doing with that prop - stop it”. It was hastily removed!
Not only is it illegal to disturb nesting birds, he was also trespassing onto my property. I was very annoyed with the foolish man. I’ll be keeping an eye out today.
Your trip out sounds nice, Mick, and the bacon roll delicious. Hope you enjoy your day out.
Marydoll, you have a busy day ahead, but, as others say, take some time for yourself, even just 5 minutes.
Hope everyone has a good day. ?

EllanVannin Tue 16-Jul-19 08:18:21

Good Morning All x
Dull and heavy so far and not a breath of air. We're supposed to have sunshine at some point so we'll see.

A trip to Asda later for the usual supply of cat food and for some unknown reason I fancy lemon cheese on toast now and again. Mum made her own and it was delicious, but the " extra special " from Asda is passable.
Birthday and anniversary cards needed as well.

A walk down to the prom later to see the Queen Mary2 cruise ship go by on her way to New York, a lovely calm sail on the Mersey. I watched the 3 Queens a few years back which was lovely to see among the crowds on a very hot day.

Thinking of Marydoll at this time and hope tests can highlight that which can be treated to ease the symptoms.
Hope everyone else has a decent day, inc. Mick and his travels-----well done to him.

vena11 Tue 16-Jul-19 08:09:42

Good morning all from Bristol, another beautiful day here. Have had a lovely few days with my daughter staying with the wee one, he is only one years old and just smiles all the time they just melt your heart every time. House so quite now they have gone home. Enjoy everyone where ever you are.

ninathenana Tue 16-Jul-19 08:06:48

Morning all.
A bright start in Kent, we haven't seen much sun for a couple of days though it has been warm.
It's Tuesday so that must mean a trip to Tesco.whilst DH does his gardening jobs. Then home to watch Red Rock.
Have a good day everyone.

GabriellaG54 Tue 16-Jul-19 07:58:03

Marydoll
Just read your post. I've no idea where you get your energy but kudos to you.
I hope your family appreciate all you do despite the many knocks and pressures you endure.
There are others, gillybob and saggi among many who swim against the tide but get to shore in the end.
Respect to all.

gillybob Tue 16-Jul-19 07:55:16

Good morning from the NE coast where it is bright and sunny . I’m not at “that place” today as I have had all 4 children overnight including little Evie who I have until 7pm tonight when her mummy gets in from work . My DD doesn’t drive so I will deliver her home . The school runs are very stressful ( not to say cramped) with all four and it’s an almost hour and a half round trip which I hate doing with the baby . Can’t be helped . Then the same at tea time, it’s a good job she’s a placid baby.

As Urmstongran said you need to take it easy Marydoll and look after yourself too.

Running out of time after my ramblings .
Have a good Tuesday everyone x

GabriellaG54 Tue 16-Jul-19 07:49:50

Good morning everyone ??
It's a sunny 14° here in Godalming with temp set to rapidly climb to 24° by 2-3pm and stay over 21° till 9pm.
Clear blue sky and I watered plants and we started my run at 05.40 before air gets stuffy.
I've downloaded a weight chart app which automatically calculates my BF, BMI and how many calories I should be using each day. I don't have a target as I just want to maintain my weight and increase muscle mass.
I think it's a Guildford Lido day ☀️☀️?‍♀️ so I'll prepare a tuna (tinned) salad with farfalle pasta, basil pesto and vine cherry tomatoes + a yogurt and water.
I hope everyone has an enjoyable day and those who can't venture far can at least sit in the garden and relax.
??? to all. smile

Urmstongran Tue 16-Jul-19 07:44:06

Oops kitty I read you post as being your grandson not husband! Maybe he’d like HP Lego though and a couple of books?
??

cornergran Tue 16-Jul-19 07:41:36

Morning Mick, owning All from a sunny corner of Somerset. Busy one ahead. Ironing while it’s fairly cool, some cleaning then off after lunch to see one of ours perform in a school production in what will be a very hot hall. We’ll hang around for half an hour afterwards, take her home and wait with her until her Mum gets back from work. Then I suspect we’ll collapse in a heap. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.