Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(43 Posts)
aggie Fri 19-Jul-19 07:30:44

Good Morning all , Lovely weekend ahead for you Mick , Our youngest DD was at Uni in York and we enjoyed many lovely holidays there .
Sister was on the phone , we are out and about today , it would have been her OHs birthday so she wanted company to visit his resting place , he was a lovely man and a great musician

kittylester Fri 19-Jul-19 07:29:14

Enjoy your time in the New Forest, kate, bet you need it.

kittylester Fri 19-Jul-19 07:26:53

Morning all from an overcast North Leicestershire. I think we are promised thunder today. I cant remember the last time I heard thunder and saw lightening.

Lovely Rose's bella and lovely daughter. thanks

Enjoy York, mick. Dh's brother and sil live just to the North so we have had some lovely times in the area.

Tatton yesterday gilly and now its Friday!! grin

Enjoy your days everyone.

Sprout Fri 19-Jul-19 07:24:29

Morning Mick and all. Sounds great Mick I hope you have a great time. It's dull here in Kent I think we are in for some more rain. I am off to Leigh on sea today for couple of days looking forward to seeing friends again. Daughter dog sitting when I return she is off to Portugal a bit to hot for me. I hope everyone is ok and those who are struggling thoughts are with you. Have a good day everyone and Weekend will post on Tuesday

Brunette10 Fri 19-Jul-19 07:22:58

Good Morning to all from a bright Fife. Today is a busy day. We have a funeral of our dear former neighbour who unfortunately has suffered many years from Parkinsons Disease. He never had a retirement as he was ill from the day he retired from work. It's so sad. Weather wise I think we shall have sun today which I always think makes a difference to very unfortunate circumstances. Hope you all have a good day.

Lins1066 Fri 19-Jul-19 07:19:01

Good Morning, we have had some rain earlier but it has now stopped. We too have a micro climate on this part of the S Welsh coast, we're lucky.

Some ironing in prospect this morning methinks.
Lovely flowers Bella
I love York and have visited a few times, firstly in 1976 when what is now the Jorvik Centre was an archaeological dig. Feel like an artefact myself revealing that!

Hope everyone has a pleasant day.

NanKate Fri 19-Jul-19 07:10:50

Good Morning Mick and All.

Have a great weekend Mick I loved York when we visited a few years back. We are off this morning to live with the wild ponies in the New Forest, and a few donkeys too for a week.

What an early morning disturbance for you Mary. I hope your weekend will be quieter.

Aren’t your roses beautiful Bella and what a thoughtful daughter.

Resurgam123 Fri 19-Jul-19 07:06:32

Good Morning All. Its grey outside at present in Cheshire. No idea where the weather will lead yet. Just gone 7pm .
First cup of tea on it's way down.

Marydoll Fri 19-Jul-19 07:06:24

They are beautiful, Bellasnana, what a lovely gesture by your daughter. Red roses are my personal favourite.

Bellasnana Fri 19-Jul-19 06:55:05

Good morning all!
Mick, I’m sure you have a lovely weekend in store. I have such happy memories of holidays with my grandparents who lived in York, my mum’s home town, and know the area very well. Hope you enjoy your break.

Had a lovely day by the pool yesterday, met a very nice French lady who, by coincidence, had worked with my DD1 some years ago. Surprising who one meets while doing lengths of a pool!

Same DD1 sent a beautiful bunch of six red roses for what would have been her father and my wedding anniversary. She lives in California so a long way from home, but she’s so thoughtful. I’m sharing a photo with all of you.

Hope everyone has a good day. sunshine

Marydoll Fri 19-Jul-19 06:50:52

Good morning Mick and all from Glasgow. Welcome to the thread, Bordersgirl, I think I have seen you posting elsewhere, am I correct?

Well! What a night!!!. I was late to bed, having found a new word game on my tablet and of course my mind was buzzing and I couldn't sleep. sad.
I eventually got to sleep, when the battery on the smoke alarm outside our bedroom door decided to give up, you would have thought an army of mice were there. DH of course, snored on!!! At 6am, he eventually changed it and now the other upstairs' one has started!!!!! angry.
I am indeed Mrs Grumpy Guts this morning. grin

We have DGD again today, so like Gillybob, thank goodness it's Friday. This week has been a marathon.

Gilly, I hope you had a lovely day yesterday, you work so hard.
Whatever we do today, depends on the weather, so fingers crossed.

Mick enjoy your trip, I would love to visit York again.
Have a good day, everyone.

Grammaretto Fri 19-Jul-19 06:47:47

Good morning from the Scottish Borders. Still clear and dry here. We have our own micro climate due to the hills.
Welcome Bordersgirl ! My posts often vanish too.
I love the sound of your weekend bus adventures Mick
Life is one long holiday for me but I have booked a short trip to Ireland next month.
Have a nice weekend everyone.

BlueSapphire Fri 19-Jul-19 06:40:46

Good morning everyone from a very grey Northampton.

May try to get out to Sainsbury's this morning before it rains. Then this afternoon the school run to pick up younger DGD; I think the elder is at a party or something.

Enjoyed my ballet class yesterday, a good work-out. Dropped into the library afterwards and re-activated my card. I am reading a book on my Kindle by Maggie O'Farrell, and spied another of hers on the shelf, so got it out. I now have a pile of books to read, as DD lent me two on Wednesday.

Sounds a lovely weekend, Mick; hope you have a good time.

Bordersgirl57 Fri 19-Jul-19 06:30:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Beechnut Fri 19-Jul-19 06:30:00

Good Morning everyone.
Grey, cloudy and wet on Severnside.
Shopping this morning and FaceTime with family later.
Last night I watched Britain’s National Treasures and found I’d been to 14/20. Me, that thinks I haven been anywhere.
I hope you enjoyed Tatton gillybob. I watched and enjoyed what I saw.

I hope you all have a good day and enjoy your trip Mick. We’ll see you on Tuesday ?‍♂️?

Hal49 Fri 19-Jul-19 06:29:51

Morning Mick from wet Mid Wales!

Hope the weather is kind to you for your weekend trip which sounds great by the way. Enjoy yourself and look forward to hearing about it when you post next Tuesday,

Got a busy day planned, nothing too exciting just household chores as I’ve been busy outdoors all week, so I must catch up!

Have a great day all and a peaceful weekend whatever your plans are ?

Mapleleaf Fri 19-Jul-19 06:27:54

Morning, Mick and all who follow.
You couldn't have chosen a better place to visit, Mick! ?
Seriously, both Harrogate and York are lovely, and I especially love York. I think you've chosen the best day weatherwise for York, as Sunday is forecast as a fairly decent day, but you might need your waterproofs for tomorrow.
It's looking a lovely morning here so far, but rain is forecast for this afternoon.
Not a lot planned for today - a "take it as it comes" day.
Hope everyone has a good day. ?

12Michael Fri 19-Jul-19 06:19:57

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey but a dry start here in Brackley this morning.
Today , just a little bit of packing left , before I go on my weekend break , coach trip.
I am going to the peoples republic of Yorkshire , and will be staying at Warner's at Nidd Hall , we have 2 trips out one into Harrogate itself, where I want to sort some things out prior to returning next Septembers world cycling road race championships..
And Sunday will be time in York , before travelling back on Monday , to post Tuesday morning.
Mick