Gransnet forums

Chat

Good morning Monday!

(42 Posts)
Marydoll Mon 22-Jul-19 06:23:56

Just opening up. I held off, as I wasn't sure if Mick would be back!

Auntieflo Mon 22-Jul-19 11:48:27

Morning Marydoll, Annie and all. I’m so late this morning. DH is using our Volunteer Driver service, for his hospital visits, and they are excellent. But, when he last gave them his list of appointment times, I think he confused them mightily, (don’t ask). I think we have it sorted now.
Anyway, my morning, nothing really planned, has gone by doing not a lot at all. But I did just have a very welcome cup of coffee.
Have a good day one and all.

Ginny42 Mon 22-Jul-19 11:15:04

Oh dear Gillybob. Sorry you had bad weather for your visit to Cheshire. I only read about the tornado, as I was on holiday in France. Don't let it put you off returning to Cheshire! That was extreme weather.

Have a lovely birthday GrannyGravy13 - curious name!

Legs55 Mon 22-Jul-19 11:03:52

GrannyGravy13 Happy Birthday hope you have a nice day. It's grey here in Devon, warm & getting warmer, I would prefer sun to this but at least the wind has dropped. Day pottering in the garden I think.

gillybob Mon 22-Jul-19 10:17:24

Happy Birthday to you GrannyGravy I hope you have a lovely day smile

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 22-Jul-19 10:15:14

Morning all from a fairly bright South Notts.
A quiet day ahead I hope. I just need to pop to the supermarket to see if a strong person in Customer Services can open the 'twist and turn' bottle of rose feed which I bought yesterday.
Hope all is well with everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 22-Jul-19 10:09:00

Good morning all from a very sunny and warm SE Essex.

Yippee it's my birthday today!!!!

Going to the gym in a bit, Mr,Gravy is looking after GS and then hopefully we will BBQ later!!!

Wishing you all a good day ???

gillybob Mon 22-Jul-19 09:45:48

It would be bright in Cheshire today wouldn’t it Ginny42 ? Now that I’m no longer there . That has to go down as the wettest, most miserable weekend “treats” away ever ! With the exception of seeing the TPFS that is. In fact I told DH that I’m not counting it !

Ginny42 Mon 22-Jul-19 09:37:05

Good morning everyone. It's bright and very warm but windy in Cheshire. Up before 6 and washing done and on the line. Then a walk in the woods with GS and now home for the pancake breakfast I promised him. Planning to go to Delamere Forest later. May take a picnic or perhaps we'll have lunch in a very nice café near there.

Hope it's a good day for everyone.

gillybob Mon 22-Jul-19 09:35:06

Change the first paragraph to “I hope the sun makes an appearance later” as it’s the first day of the children’s school holidays . Thankfully DDiL is on holiday so no childcare until the weekend when I have little Evie .

MawBroonsback Mon 22-Jul-19 09:33:38

Good morning from N Bucks where it is still pleasantly breezy. Thank goodness the thunderstorms did not materialise over the weekend and I had a lovely couple of days with DD,SIL, DGS, SIL’s parents and their French friend. We were all staying in a gorgeous old rectory just outside Bungay - a dreamy Georgian house and I was almost expecting Mr Darcy and Mr Bingley to come trotting up the drive. But no wi-fi! However did Jane Austen manage?
Off to collect Hattie now and then my last Art History class of term.
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

gillybob Mon 22-Jul-19 09:32:48

A very late good morning from the NE coast where it is quite blustery . Apparently the sun might make an appearance later ? Not that I’m too bothered .

Than you for that video Marydoll. It really cheered me up and could be my signature tune, although I don’t think I’d go to such drastic lengths to get out of “this place” grin I could have “Friday I’m in love” by the Cure for the end of the week ! I quite fancied Bob Geldof back then (1985) when I would have been 23 . It was before my 2nd husband died and believe it or not I used to laugh then ! ( hard to imagine I know) .

Anyway have a good M everyone ( look I can’t even bear to say the word anymore ) x

harrigran Mon 22-Jul-19 09:26:04

Good morning from a grey blustery NE.
GD hasn't surfaced yet, she does like her bed.
Busy family day yesterday leaving GD2 with us.

Pantglas1 Mon 22-Jul-19 09:21:21

Morning all - enjoy your plum jam making Marydoll. Mine is potted, labelled and stored ready for one of my culinary brainwaves! I’ve got some duck breasts in the freezer and I’m planning to roast them so the skin is crispy and serve with lots of veggies and plum sauce. Hope everyone has a good day.

Justme67 Mon 22-Jul-19 09:13:32

Good morning to you all, I have at last managed to get on here before mid-day, not sure what has happened. It is overcast and sticky here, and thank goodness the really strong wind has dropped, so that I can go out on my buggie if I want to. Had a lovely day yesterday with friends from the bowls club, did so much catch-up my jaws ache. A nice chatty tea with friends on a Sunday afternoon cannot be a bad way to spend time, I did not play bowls, just did the teas. Gardener coming today, wonder if he will do what I ask/want, or go off on his own. Ah, well, as long as it is tidied. Enjoy your days.

Marydoll Mon 22-Jul-19 09:06:37

Pittcity, I will swap with you!!! grin

Pittcity Mon 22-Jul-19 09:05:04

I'm thinking of moving to Scotland as the Southern type of global warming doesn't suit me wink

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 22-Jul-19 09:04:55

Good morning from East London, where it’s bright and warm. Have been up for a while in the race to get ready BB (before builders) and now have the legs on scaffolding view out of the window. When I looked at the forecast earlier on, I wondered why the temperature was going up incrementally, then realised I was looking at the hour line and not the scary figures below (hot). Shopping for the tennis mixed match supper shortly, have/am making a pavlova and trifle for ‘afters’ as it’s the last one this season. The ‘befores’ will be basic. Haircut at lunchtime, then more clearing away to keep in front of the builders. Have a good day.

Anniebach Mon 22-Jul-19 08:54:43

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

NannyJan53 Mon 22-Jul-19 08:26:58

Good Morning from a dull but warm Black Country.

Walking for Health walk this morning, we normally cover 6-7 miles, with a lot of chatting on the way!

This afternoon, the dreaded eye test, I just know I will need a new prescription, so another hit to the Bank Account!

Wishing you all a lovely day

Brunette10 Mon 22-Jul-19 08:18:37

Good Morning all from a dreech Fife. Wouldn't think it was July. Wakened a few times last night for some reason and could not get back to sleep, needless to say very tired this morning. I was going to make a trip to the capital but the weather puts me off. Marydoll you make me feel so lazy with all the energy you have. Wish I had some. Hope everyone has a pleasant day.

GabriellaG54 Mon 22-Jul-19 08:17:46

whuch which

GabriellaG54 Mon 22-Jul-19 08:16:02

Good morning ladies...and gentlemen?
It's 19° rising to 26° later in Godalming . Grey, lowering cloud, no breeze.
I've nothing spectacular on today. A parcel to collect from M&S, ordered at 8.45pm and collect at 11am...that's 5* service. grin
Run today was a bit different as we followed a nature trail, so no ducks waiting to be fed.
I have a Babyliss hair dryer whuch suddenly overheated last week and I don't want to switch it on....in case. It's a good few years old blush (about 8-9) but not much used.
Rang company and they sent prepaid tracked mail bag and said they would inspect and if not useable they would 'see what we can do to help'. ?
It was only about £13 in Superdrug sale so it's served it's purpose.
I have the box, accessories and receipt to send so I'd better get my skates on before the rain starts, as looks likely.
Here's hoping everyone has a good week and, for some who are tired, unwell or just fed-up...????
Take care ?

NanKate Mon 22-Jul-19 08:06:44

Morning Mary and All.

Just woken up on the Forest, not literally, but a yard or two from it in our holiday cottage. Haven’t seen a wild pony yet this morning.

Low 70s here and should shoot up tomorrow and Wednesday.

Off to Furzey Gardens this morning. Lots of shady places to sit and relax. The small shop/cafe has some very pretty jewellery which I usually treat myself to.

If I give you the key Kitty could your oven cleaner man have a go at mine ?

Have a good day folks.

Pittcity Mon 22-Jul-19 07:48:12

Good morning from sunny Colchester. I haven't needed to wear a cardi for weeks here. We had a bit of rain last week but it'll be in the 30s by Wednesday.
Last walking Netball until September today with a picnic afterwards....must remember my factor 30!

Lins1066 Mon 22-Jul-19 07:45:15

Good Morning from SWelsh Coast. It is windy and humid here too cornergran. Due to hot up significantly according to the radio forecast a minute ago.

Will go for a walk later to try and continue my recovery and build stamina.
Will get up shortly and do some ironing in the kitchen, it will be cool with the patio doors open.
Have a good Monday everyone. Hope the day goes quickly for you Gilly