Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's welcoming kitchen for all in need of a hearty blether.

(1001 Posts)
soop Mon 22-Jul-19 12:19:52

Welcome to all...it's good to have your company. You are special peoples. flowers sunshine wine cupcake smile

Synonymous Wed 21-Aug-19 10:50:08

Well, DD has set off home with a car load of "extras" so we are sitting down with a cup of tea before getting our overnight bag together and setting off ourselves.
Himself wanted to visit a big garden centre after his birthday lunch yesterday and happily tootled around in a 'buggy'. I just knew it would result in plant buying and when we arrived home he decided to plant them straight away which he did and was so chuffed with himself! The first time in over two and a half years that he managed something in the garden! sunshine stdavidspoppysunshine He was jiggered afterwards but is now determined to do a few minutes every morning and that will be so good for him. It is quite a relief to see some normality returning, I just have to make sure he doesn't overdo it!

Galen we all chortle over your posts which I had to share because I burst out laughing. grin
Maw poor Hattie! Those big eyes clearly show her feelings about the whole sorry saga!
TOYA flowers

Bellanonna Wed 21-Aug-19 11:16:08

I’m not sure Tara would be too happy about sharing one of her bedrooms with Hattie, though, Charleygirl

Charleygirl5 Wed 21-Aug-19 11:26:59

I am inclined to agree Bellanonna but Hattie is more than welcome to sleep on my bed provided her sore paw is not bleeding.

Two bedrooms, a downstairs lounge and a spacious kitchen should be more than enough for any self respecting cat even although she is not allowed to sleep on the sofa etc.

The weather here is perfect, washing machine on and I have been cutting back a bush which was taking over the front.
TOYA

Panache Wed 21-Aug-19 12:05:45

Having thought our move was bad enough I honestly feel for you Nannytopsy,you face another of those days but hopefully your break will help heal the rift and have you recovering swiftly!
Wishing you the very best "on the day"and may you be very happy there.

Whilst delighted to hear you are at least sampling the joys of Wales Izabella.......be it rainy Anglesea,had you chosen west of Wales the sun continues to shine!However I feel sure you will find joy in whatever area you arrive at.

Poor Hattie,lets hope she makes a quick recovery and there will be no need for THAT cone which they so dread.

Fun and games at our previous abode,the silly offer made last week was raised substantially yesterday,and on hearing there were yet more viewings, nicely raised again later..............whilst the couple whom made that silly offer have decided to return for a second viewing today...............we await the next stage with baited breath.
However sales proceeding through to the end we feel is now more important than the highest offer,we need assurance that a sale goes through to the bitter end having tasted 2 that have not.

Glad to hear things are being sorted for you Corner regarding visiting and spending time with your poorly friend,true enough there is always a way......eventually.But they do cause us headaches for sure.

Fully understanding the joy and sense of achievement your man would have felt following planting up the plants he bought Synonymous..........I recall many of those similar occasions and now look on as my dear man achieves little goals and his face becomes a picture.............though his body maybe totally jiggered.

Appears we have a BBQ planned here in this establishment come bank holiday monday so that should be yet another interesting experience!!!!

Lunch time already and so time to prepare for a nice meal and chat around the dining table.This is rather a good idea as it promotes mixing and making friends,especially important for those living alone.

Have yourselves a great day,keep smiling and TOYA to you all.

soop Wed 21-Aug-19 15:30:58

MawB Is Hattie trying to tell us lot something? I want to sit beside her and "mother" her. She is such a darling and those eyes...hmm

N&G When has a visiting hedgehog, one builds a hedgehog house. Simples! Our wee chalet is home to many wild creatures. no matter, they are all welcome to shelter and help themselves to the food that we leave under shelter every night of the yeat.

soop Wed 21-Aug-19 15:36:05

Synonymous Give Mr S yet more cuddles on our belhalf. I admire his spirit.

Panache Ah! Better news by the day. Once a would-be purchaser gets wind of serious intent from another, their interest is boosted many fold. Stay patient. Keep positive. Us lot continue to root for you. sunshine

dragonfly46 Wed 21-Aug-19 15:44:24

Good to hear that the offers keep coming in Panache I do hope one of them completes soon. That will be a weight off your minds.
Your place sounds wonderful - mixing at mealtimes is such a good idea. It means nobody need be isolated and the barbecue sounds like a lot of fun.
I am pleased you are having good weather - we have good friends in Aberaeron at the moment.

I envy you your small animals soop. We have foxes and badgers but not seen a hedgehog. We also get toads from the neighbouring ponds.

soop Wed 21-Aug-19 15:44:31

After today's ironing duty I'm feeling a wee bit jiggered.

Galen You are seriously funny. grin

callgirl1 Wed 21-Aug-19 16:15:27

Poor Hattie, she looks so sad, hope she`s better soon.

Synonymous, your hubby is doing so well, bet he`s so proud of himself, if not, I bet YOU are!

Galen, I don`t know much about sex either, but folk tell me that it had something to do with having 5 kids, if that helps?

Izabella, I hope the rain has stopped, then you can start building sand castles.

TOYA

Susan56 Wed 21-Aug-19 16:32:44

Panache glad to hear that you are getting some sensible offers at last and really hope that one of these leads to the completion and sale of your property.Am so pleased that you and your DH are settling well in your new home.
Haven’t posted much lately we seem to rush from one thing to another but try to keep up on all the kitchen news.
I just needed to say you ladies are all amazing.Each and everyone of you dealing with trials and tribulations of whatever kind,I find truly inspiring.? and TOYA

soop Wed 21-Aug-19 16:39:22

Lovely to have you back, Susan56. Thank you for your kind comment. flowers

callgirl1 Titters! Said hello to David twice yesterday. Camp site continues to be busy. The new shop (almost opposite) will be opening soon. The locals will be pleased.

soop Wed 21-Aug-19 16:57:47

I'm logging off a wee bit earlier today. Feeling pooped. Need to sit quietly and tackle the crossword. Tomorrow is a free day. No visits. No duties, other than those I choose to do.

Raining and blowy. No wish to do more dead heading. The wheel barrow is laden from yesterday's foray.

TOYA Especially those of you who need tender loving care. I shall return to our kitchen tomorrow morning. smile moon

Panache Wed 21-Aug-19 17:25:09

Well dear friends..........and especially our Soop whom I think first suggested having bubbly on ice were we to find that all elusive purchaser.
Perhaps I should whisper for fear of jinxing matters BUT this very day we have recieved TWO acceptable offers, and yes .............I still cannot believe it!!!!!!
Fingers and toes tightly crossed indeed.

callgirl1 Wed 21-Aug-19 17:48:08

Everything crossed here as well Panache!

Soop, thank you, xx, and yes, the villagers will be very pleased at the shop reopening, they`ll have missed it since Jim retired. I believe, from the Kintyre Forum, that a local farmer has bought it?

Nannyfaraway Wed 21-Aug-19 17:54:38

Good evening all.
Panache that news is good hope one of them completes..
Maw poor Hattie I hope she heals soon.
I have been out and about today. Needed to go to the dentist to pick up some new dentures my teeth seem to be getting old and giving up the ghost.
Did some shopping in Aldi not my usual place but near the dentist.
Caught bus home then sat reading in the park.
Still haven't managed to get the ironing done not my favourite job.
Have hoovered and mopped and cleaned the kitchen.
Hope you all have a good evening.
TOYA

Charleygirl5 Wed 21-Aug-19 18:26:01

Galen in Scotland sex is something to put coal in and then it usually rests in the bath. I hope that helps.

I had my "talking newspaper" machine delivered today- all I need now is the memory stick delivered weekly to hear the local news, that will be Friday.

Panache that is much better news- I only hope they are not timewasters. To spur them on you could always say that that you are considering putting the house to auction and mentioning a reasonable reserve price.

Maw kisses to Hattie's foot to get it better.
TOYA

dragonfly46 Wed 21-Aug-19 18:51:44

Sounds like they are keen Panache! Fingers crossed!!

MawB Wed 21-Aug-19 19:26:27

Hattie seems happy enough and I am taking the bandage off for a bit each day to let it air, during a walk for instance, but replacing it when she starts licking it.
Dogs - what a worry!
Thank you for kind wishes.

Greyduster Wed 21-Aug-19 19:31:58

Hello the kitchen! I am joining Soop on the “wee bit jiggered” bench, having spent a ridiculous afternoon ironing bedlinen - not something I have ever thought was a good use of anyone’s time, but it seems that we are having overnight visitors on Saturday so three beds to make up and I don’t want to give myself away for the domestic slut that I am! We are relegated to the sofa bed in the conservatory which only ever sees the light of day for airing! Oh! ?We did try it out once as I remember.......! Not for very long though!?. Ahem! That’s enough of that!! I knew it would be properly useful one day, however!
I had hoped we would have GS for the day today, but after lunch he got a better offer from a friend with - you guessed it - a football, so we took him home! He did help DH clean the car this morning though (they both ended up soaked to the skin and giggling like loons), and we made Anzac biscuits. He also walked down to the supermarket with me and gave me a very long lecture on the Premier League transfer market (which lasted there and back!!) which was absolutely, er, riveting!?
Panache sounds like you may be in the home straight at last with offers on the house! Everything crossed here!
Maw I hope poor Hatty’s leg is better soon. She looks very settled and comfy in her bed anyway!
Izabella I’m another who loves Anglesey. GS had his first holiday there as a small baby. DH and I took him to Beaumaris for the day, while his mum and dad had a day off on their own, and DH got out of the car and realised he still had his carpet slippers on - and no spare shoes in the car!! So he just shrugged and got in with it! Good job the weather was dry!
Synonymous your DH sounds to be making great strides - very good to hear!
N&G when we were at Titchwell bird watching there were a couple of F35’s breaking up the peace and quiet, and I spent more time looking for them than watching the birds - I am a complete nerd when it comes to military aircraft and I adore the sound they make. We did see them eventually - they zoomed out of the cloud suddenly and were gone and the sound lingered deliciously for ages!
I had better go and do something. I think it will be a ‘loaves and fishes’ job this weekend unless I start making lists!

kittylester Wed 21-Aug-19 20:14:53

Hello all from another jiggered person. We had the wondrous Persie for 2 days and I had the start of another Carer's course - not a good combination. Pa and Persie made peanut butter biscuits sp I will leave some on the side. They are delicious if slightly burnt.

Brilliant news panache.

Galen, I have 5 children too but I dont think it involved any sex - the events were too far apart to be linked.

I hope to be more lively when I come back but, in the meantime, TOYA.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 21-Aug-19 21:00:22

We also have 5 children.......I am still unsure how they happened ????

Doodle Wed 21-Aug-19 21:13:28

kitty and granny you are both being really silly. Sex is a subject that is openly discussed these days and nothing to be ashamed about. Both of you have five children of course you can explain openly how it works .......... babies come from ..under a gooseberry bush ??

Doodle Wed 21-Aug-19 21:48:50

I think I might have been cloned ?. I have just seen a post from someone called Doodledog. ?. As long as I don’t have to take them for walkies , I suppose it’s ok ?

Nannytopsy Wed 21-Aug-19 22:24:59

Panache - fabulous news!

cornergran Wed 21-Aug-19 22:56:16

Good news panache. smile.

Glutton for punishment greyd, good luck with the sofa bed. Isn’t there a young person/young people who would be better there? One of ours begs to sleep in the conservatory’s especially when it’s raining. No, I don’t understand either grin

Our two definitely arrived via a stork. No idea what a gooseberry bush has to do with it doodle, hmm.

Best get to sleep. Two grandchildren to keep contained tomorrow, long day too, if I don’t reappear they have eaten me as I’ve no idea what to feed them grin

TOYA.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion