Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(35 Posts)
12Michael Wed 31-Jul-19 06:14:44

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking cloudy but dry and cooler at the moment here in Brackley this morning.
Quiet day for me, maybe laundry , plus small shop.
Mick

Sprout Wed 31-Jul-19 13:27:06

Well it's not good morning today and sorry it's so late all. Wow this in the country side and the sea air certainly helps you sleep well. Not up until 11.00 am this morning never been known. I hope you are all well and enjoying the cooler weather.

gillybob Wed 31-Jul-19 11:07:12

Oh how I wish I had worn a thick cardigan or jumper today. I'm sitting in "this place" absolutely freezing to my bones, feeling like Nanook of the North . I think I might need to shoot the next person who mentions global warming ! brrrrrrr

BladeAnnie Wed 31-Jul-19 10:32:53

I have cat called Duncan, Urmstongran - I'm sure it would make him feel more important than ever if he had a mention here!! Good day everyone

Justme67 Wed 31-Jul-19 10:25:53

Good morning to you all, almost a stranger to this post these days, I have no idea where the time goes. I "pop in" to read what everyone has written, then just "pop off" to do a job or two,, and and lo and behold it is afternoon, and so the day has gone. Going out for coffee doesn't help, but then it is good to get out and about while the weather is fine, going on from that the poor folk in the north have surely had their share of rain for the time being. We have a blustery wind which is great for the washing, but already the leaves are being blown from the trees. Off to do one of those jobs that keep cropping up, enjoy your days

Nortsat46 Wed 31-Jul-19 10:10:31

Hmm Urmstongran ... was wondering how Duncan fitted in to the picture...

Wishing everyone a good day ... esp Duncan!

Auntieflo Wed 31-Jul-19 09:33:13

Morning Michael, Annie and all. It’s brightening up here, but with a good breeze.
DH is now half way through his treatment, hurray.
I am going to try and find some plastic angle bead, for shelf edging this morning. Homebase was useless, Wickes was out of stock in one place, but will try another.
Then go and visit a friend who has had a TKR and is struggling.
Have a good day one and all.

vena11 Wed 31-Jul-19 09:12:44

Morning all, not sure what the weather will be today in Bristol , yesterday was suppose to be really heavy rain thunder and lightning all day. I was in Bristol most of the day and saw one heavy shower. Finger crossed its the same today.

Minniemoo Wed 31-Jul-19 09:07:38

Good morning! Lovely day to all. Much fresher today. Saw my delightful new granddaughter yesterday. So tiny! Got my 2 grandsons coming tomorrow so I shall rest today in preparation! Hope everyone has a good day smile x

Urmstongran Wed 31-Jul-19 09:01:09

Oh harrigran you must be utterly exhausted. I hope your GP can give you the help you need.

Anniebach Wed 31-Jul-19 08:59:36

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Grannycool52 Wed 31-Jul-19 08:59:33

Good morning from Dublin, where it is bright with light cloud. I love your photo, Nannyjan.
I am off to Carton House in Maynooth with my daughter for a spa day, a present from my son and a chance to catch up on all the chat.
Watching Faith last night, we thought the scenery was gorgeous - can any of you Welsh grans tell me where it's filmed?

harrigran Wed 31-Jul-19 08:43:24

Good morning from a damp NE.
Walked the floor again during the night, third episode of pain in the last week. Have had about three hours sleep but have the hairdresser coming this morning.
This afternoon I have a GP appointment.

Grammaretto Wed 31-Jul-19 07:56:26

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. It's damp out. I feel very tired today but luckily there's only knit and natter and a bus trip to buy a birthday present for our soon to be teenage girl smile
I hope to be inspired but am open to suggestions.

Enjoy your belated birthday treat
annsixty . After moving my b'day last year to June, I highly recommend it.

cornergran Wed 31-Jul-19 07:45:29

Morning Mick morning All from our confusing corner of Somerset. Black clouds threatening rain at the front, clear blue sky and sunshine at the back. Wonder which will win? Either way it’s very windy. Faffing at home this morning then with luck will sort a holiday for next Spring. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

EllanVannin Wed 31-Jul-19 07:41:29

Good Morning All x Mrs " Noah " here !

Bursts of heavy rain through the night, so heavy it's knocked the heads off flowers and my once lovely display of geraniums look a mess headless and rotting.
I've got the light on as it's murky and miserable.

I hadn't realised until yesterday that when I do my fortnightly walk to Asda via the cemetery, it's a 1/4 of a mile. I've done it for years, besides gadding around locally each day, so definitely getting plenty of walking done. I know it doesn't sound that much but regularity is key.

I won't be going far today, should be de-frosting the freezer before I can't open the drawers so I might do that later------I must really.

Hope everyone's day isn't too soggy.

Greyduster Wed 31-Jul-19 07:38:32

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is wet in South Yorkshire. We are off to Norfolk this morning for a few days and I doubt it will be much drier there, but it will be a change of scenery. We have no child minding duties for the next ten days☹️. The hurricane is on holiday! Have a good day folks.

kittylester Wed 31-Jul-19 07:37:23

Morning all from a slightly murky North Leicestershire. A very late start for us after 2 days of dgc.

It poured with rain yesterday so we went to a newly opened soft play centre. It was hell! Never again! grin

Shopping for Dh's birthday today - help!!

Nannytopsy Wed 31-Jul-19 07:35:52

Grey skies in Leicester but at least it isn’t raining. Yesterday was very wet indeed. A haircut at lunchtime and a bit of deadheading in the garden, I think. It will be too wet to cut the grass. Have a good day everyone.

Lins1066 Wed 31-Jul-19 07:33:39

Good Morning from a cloudy S Welsh Coast.
We had heavy showers yesterday but managed to walk the dog in the afternoon during a dry spell. No rain last night though.
Having a cuppa and reading through the posts. Enjoy your quieter day Marydoll and your lunch * NannyJan* that looks a super venue.
I love the smell of pine trees Urmston.
No plans but will go out for a walk and try and wrench DH from the computer.
Enjoy your day everyone.

gillybob Wed 31-Jul-19 07:29:04

Good morning from a grey and damp North East coast. Yet again there are severe weather warnings in place for thunder, lightening and torrential rain. I watched quite a depressing (sad) drama on TV last night and it has bothered me all night so I haven’t had a great deal of sleep.

Not a great deal else to say really except I’m off to “that place” in about an hour and DH saw the doctor yesterday in a hope to get his operation brought forward, which seems highly unlikely (they are still talking mid October) . He’s in a lot of pain and trying to do a very physical job with long hours too, I’m not sure he will be able to carry on as he is until then.

I hope you manage to get your glass of wine outside annsixty and enjoy your belated birthday treat. Lovely photo NannyJan it looks so tranquil.

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday x

Sar53 Wed 31-Jul-19 07:27:59

Good morning everyone from a fairly bright Essex by the sea. We had a lot of rain yesterday and it was very windy.
Hair cut at 10 then packing for our few days away to the Wirral. It's my husband's brother's 60th and he is having a party on Saturday. I'm looking forward to visiting Liverpool, I've only been once before.
Have a good day everyone.

Urmstongran Wed 31-Jul-19 07:25:20

and not Duncan!!

Urmstongran Wed 31-Jul-19 07:23:59

Good morning everyone from a warm but slightly misty Malaga. It’s very quiet here apart from the noisy swallows, swooping and screeching! It is lovely to smell the pine trees a Duncan the Mediterranean looks as flat as a mill pond.

No plans today just take the day as it comes. It’s only a small apartment so if I clean the bathroom, sweep and mop through it’s all done within half an hour!

Hope Wednesday is good to us all whether we have plans or (like me) none. x

Brunette10 Wed 31-Jul-19 07:17:08

Good Morning from a bright Fife although there has been a bit of rain through the night. Up bright and early this morning as DGS1 had a sleep over last night. He did very well. Washing on, breakfast over now just to see the day in with both DGS's - joy! Have a good day everyone.

Resurgam123 Wed 31-Jul-19 07:01:09

Good morning All
Raining in Cheshire ,just light rain at present. Who knows what we will get later on.