Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(46 Posts)
12Michael Fri 02-Aug-19 06:12:29

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a nice blue sky this morning in brackley.
Usual shop today , general routine for me.
On a day trip tomorrow, more in the morning tomorrow.
Mick

Sprout Fri 02-Aug-19 14:21:39

Morning Mick and all. Oh my goodness 2.20 pm been chatting for hours so sorry rather late today. Have a good day everyone.

DazedAndConfusedByLife Fri 02-Aug-19 10:04:37

Morning from a sunny breezy (most probably rainy, later!) Lincolnshire. Just a spot of household essentials to do today then plan on sitting down and doing some crochet. I WILL master making a granny square, I WILL! grin
Found a Youtube video which I'll play at a snails pace to follow in "real time" as it were, so hope I'm in learning mode later!

Hope everyone has a good day x

Mapleleaf Fri 02-Aug-19 09:56:24

Good morning all,
Not been posting for a few days as I've been unwell, but I'm over it now.
It's a nice morning here, if a bit breezy and cooler. I think we are forecast a fairly dry day until early evening, but of course that could change.
Welcome, scentia.
Hope all goes well for you, Harrigan.
? annsixty
Take care, everyone.

oldgaijin Fri 02-Aug-19 09:23:54

Good morning from a cloudy Aberdeenshire. It'd dry so shall chance putting out a small washing...fingers crossed.

It must be Friday change over day on the rigs as the helicopters are flying over every five minutes.

Shall take the mutt to the woods soon...he made a new friend yesterday, a four month old German Shepherd and they had a mega romp. He came home exhausted!

Have a great day.

Grammaretto Fri 02-Aug-19 09:13:37

Harrigran sending good wishes for today.
Annsixty flowers

vena11 Fri 02-Aug-19 09:13:17

Morning all dry at the moment in Bristol, food shopping and some house work for me today, maybe if I can stir myself.

Nannytopsy Fri 02-Aug-19 09:01:29

Some cloud, some sunshine Kitty - just as long as we don’t have r...!

NannyJan53 Fri 02-Aug-19 09:00:38

Good Morning from a bright but increasingly cloudy Black Country!

We are driving down to Glastonbury today for the Glastonbury Extravaganza. This year it is The Specials supported by the Lighthouse Family.

We are camping in a pre-erected tent. Hopefully the rain keeps away.

Sending love and positive thoughts to Harrigran

Anniebach Fri 02-Aug-19 08:52:32

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Auntieflo Fri 02-Aug-19 08:51:01

Morning Michael, Annie to come and all others. Hello Scentia.

Mybirtthedragon, oh how the mention of your holiday brought back memories of a happy holiday in a converted railway carriage. I can't remember where it was, or how old I was, but if I close my eyes I can still see it.
Harrigran, good luck, we were worried about you.
EllanVannin, hope you didn't boil all the stretch out of your knickers, grin
Annsixty flowers
Not sure what I am doing today, maybe a snoop round our new Aldi store, to see what I don't need!
Have a good day one and all

dragonfly46 Fri 02-Aug-19 08:44:50

Thinking of you Harrigan flowers

EllanVannin Fri 02-Aug-19 08:43:08

Good Morning All x.
Cloudy so far and very still so no wind to dissipate the cloud.
Washing dried nicely yesterday as it was bedding and towels and about 20 pairs of knickers----all boiled to death. Some coloureds to do today. A woman's work is never done ! smile

No wonder the gulls are screaming here, they've seen the forecast for next week sad Not good.

Carillion's mention of Brittany brought back lovely memories of Northern France. The trip to Mont Saint Michel in Normandy was magic and I still have the ( posh ) tee shirt ! Then St Michael's Mount the following year----happy days.

I love hearing about people's travels.

For those of us who are staying put, enjoy your day and welcome to Scentia.

kittylester Fri 02-Aug-19 08:37:29

Sending you lots of love Harri and best wishes.

Harris27 Fri 02-Aug-19 08:36:17

Good luck harrigran x

Harris27 Fri 02-Aug-19 08:34:40

I look forward to gillybob a yippee Friday! Sums up how I feel. My boys are back to there beloved Sunderland tomorrow and I will have peace again!!! Having lots to do today and looking forward to our hols in three weeks can't wait! Need to do some gardening this weekend and tidy up house exciting life I lead! Good Friday all.

gillybob Fri 02-Aug-19 08:28:44

Thanks for that annsixty I know she will have to get it sometime I suppose, but my DD is doing so well controlling her Eczema I didn’t want the Chicken Pox spots to undo all her good work.

Almost 61 years is a very long time to be married ann you were indeed blessed. I hope you can take some time to reflect today and remember happy times flowers

annsixty Fri 02-Aug-19 08:22:35

Thinking of you Harrigran with all good wishes.

annsixty Fri 02-Aug-19 08:21:20

Good morning all.
gilly dont worry about Evie, it is sometimes better to get chicken pox over while they are young and I believe there is some very good lotion available now for the spots but you will have to ask at the chemist, I dont know the name.
My S caught it when he was 16 months old and played out in the garden all the time.
My D never had it after many contacts.
Today would have been our 61st wedding anniversary.
I was blessed to have had such a long and happy marriage.
Have as good a day as you can everyone.

gillybob Fri 02-Aug-19 08:20:28

Good luck Harrigran we will all be thinking about you x

harrigran Fri 02-Aug-19 08:18:37

Good morning from an overcast NE.
Saw GP yesterday who told me latest attack of pain had shown up in my bloods probably because I got to see her quickly.
Appointment with consultant this morning.

kittylester Fri 02-Aug-19 08:12:27

Morning all from a cloudy North Leicester. Hope the louds dont blow your way Topsy.

Two Dgc today and tomorrow. Dgs is going to be an astro physicist (well, this week) so we are off the Space Centre tomorrow and today, we'll be cooking before he goes to the cricket with Pa. Dgd wants to do flower arranging and watch Harry Potter. That's all sorted then.

Welcome to newbies - this is a lovely thread

Greyduster Fri 02-Aug-19 08:08:20

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Looks like it will be a fine day in North Norfolk so we are off for a day at the seaside after a hot day on the RSPB reserve at Titchwell yesterday, where my camera seriously let me down, so hardly any photos of all the good birds we saw☹️. Have a good day, folks, whatever you’re doing.

gillybob Fri 02-Aug-19 08:06:55

Just what I am worrying about dragonfly oh dear I hope not.

Lins1066 Fri 02-Aug-19 08:04:19

That should be 'system' and no apostrophe after 'nobody' ?

Urmstongran Fri 02-Aug-19 08:03:20

Thank you Pantglas1

And for your support elsewhere.
Very kind of you.

?