Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(34 Posts)
12Michael Sun 04-Aug-19 06:32:19

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry and cloudy here in Brackley this morning , a quiet day today after yesterdays coach trip.
Yesterdays trip consisted of coach to Kidderminster , then on arrival at the Severn Valley station , there was various Morris Dancing groups , who were performing along the line.
The rail journey consisted of a return to Kidderminster , with around 2 hours in Bridgnorth.
Mind whilst in local pub , I noticed a Sunday lunch notice inside which used the local dialogue " A Bostin Sunday Lunch"
MIck

Barmeyoldbat Sun 04-Aug-19 12:48:21

Have a lovely happy day everyone

harrigran Sun 04-Aug-19 10:00:04

Good morning from a mild NE.
Managed eight hours sleep with just two brief sorties into the bathroom, feel more human when I have slept.
Family coming this evening to drop off GD for her weekly sleepover so I have a few hours to prepare.

vena11 Sun 04-Aug-19 09:32:04

Morning everyone, dry and a bit of sunshine here in Bristol, such a uncomfortable night for sleeping again.
Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

BlueSapphire Sun 04-Aug-19 09:29:42

NanKate I went to Mountain Warehouse, who didn't seem to have much in, and Cotswold Outdoor, who were very expensive. Joules had some nice ones, but again over £100, and they seemed very heavy. A lot to pay for a few days in the Lakes. However there is a Blacks a bus ride away, but doubt that I have the time to get there now.

gillybob Sun 04-Aug-19 09:12:06

A late good morning from the NE Coast where it is quite bright but there is a severe weather warning in place for this afternoon with heavy rain, thunder and lightening, so not much change there then.

I felt like I had a bit of a wasted day yesterday. Got a little bit weeding done in the front but that was about it.

No plans for today except maybe a bit of food shopping. I have a lot of childcare next week as the older DGC’s parents are both back to work .

Have a good Sunday everyone x

Carillion01 Sun 04-Aug-19 09:11:37

Morning everyone,

Cloudy in Brittany this morning, maybe thunder later.

Off to La Cheze shortly with some friends from the next village. There's a fete there today, car boot type stalls,.... I love a 'root'... craft stalls, a 'visitation' from the local interesting car club and English fish and chips ( if you fancy it) yippee!

However, I'd love to be having lunch with Ellanvanin today. The gammon sounds delish EV.

Have a peaceful Sunday all.x

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 04-Aug-19 09:10:52

Good morning from Dymchurch, where it’s cloudy and bright. DP and DS went swimming in the sea yesterday but it’ll take a rise in temperature to get me there. Enjoying the softer air and the lack of scaffolding and builders. I won playing Scrabble last night, DS a close second and DP a bit behind; he blamed it on us playing on the ‘flat’ unlike his preferred Upwords. I have to say I don’t particularly like the game which probably adds to his aggravation. Off to a boot sale shortly, more walking on the sea wall and pondering. Have a good day.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 04-Aug-19 08:57:59

Morning all from South Notts. The weather isn't really doing anything but I reckon it'll be warm again, this time last week it had been very wet,
Out for a drive and then the weekly shop.
Hope all is well with everyone.

Lins1066 Sun 04-Aug-19 08:57:26

Good Morning, hazy sunshine on S Welsh Coast.
Glad you enjoyed your day out Mick.
New glasses and prescription sunglasses chosen yesterday without too much deliberating.

A BBQ later and a fruit salad. We are making the most of these sunny days after being incarcerated indoors for so many months.

Have a good day everyone.

Anniebach Sun 04-Aug-19 08:52:25

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Marydoll Sun 04-Aug-19 08:33:06

Pantglas, you are making me jealous! grin
I too am looking for a new handbag, hopefully in five weeks time, from the Sunday market in Rome, (The best I've ever visited), it all depends if the docs allow me to travel! Fingers and toes crossed, I'm trying to be a good girl. grin

oldgaijin Sun 04-Aug-19 08:28:48

Good morning from Aberdeenshire. There is a bit of haar which should burn off. Am going to a big agricultural show this morning which will be a good chance to meet horsey friends amongst others. Shall also enjoy spending time in the cattle lines.
Have a great day.

Auntieflo Sun 04-Aug-19 08:27:25

‘Hearing’, not heating. Oh dear

Auntieflo Sun 04-Aug-19 08:26:48

Morning Michael, Annie to come and all others.
It’s a lot cooler this morning, nice and fresh, but with lots of clouds.
DH had a very disturbed night, and seemed to be up each and every hour.
We are off to our lovely Church soon, and look forward to heating about the children’s holiday club. Always fun.
So must hurry and have a shower, before I make us late.
Have a good day one and all.

Pantglas1 Sun 04-Aug-19 08:17:54

I am Marydoll until Wednesday and I do like a trot out to a market whilst I’m here although there seems to be an awful lot of tat around recently.

Looking for a new handbag and will buy some fruit and veg - kilo of garlic for my SIL who eats it daily and smells accordingly, lemons for my DD’s G&Ts and mangoes for me to take home to make spicy chutney!

aggie Sun 04-Aug-19 08:10:36

Good Morning all , the sun is out , rain in the night but it looks like not enough so the watering can will be deployed later today. No plans , first. Sunday of the month so no Mass in our local church, we used to have two morning and one evening Mass every Sunday

Urmstongran Sun 04-Aug-19 08:06:17

Another day in paradise! ????‍?‍?‍?

Good morning everyone from a gloriously sunny Malaga. The gardens will be busier because the Spanish who work like to come to the coast today and quite a few have second-home apartments here.

Hope Sunday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

dragonfly46 Sun 04-Aug-19 08:02:29

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

Plucked up the courage yesterday and used my new carpet shampooer. However, forgot to use the rinse function so will need to do them again today.

Marydoll my cousin’s wife is like you. She makes friends wherever she goes!

Beechnut Sun 04-Aug-19 08:00:04

Good Morning everyone.
It’s bright outside.
I’m off to a workshop later

I hope you all enjoy the day ?

kittylester Sun 04-Aug-19 07:59:48

Morning all from a north Leicestershire which is currently bright and sunny. The forecast is for lots of rain this week and we had rain over night.

Not a lot on here today. We are also having roast chicken later.

Glad you had a good trip mick. One of my lovely sons in law is from that area and calls me 'Mom' - I love it.

Enjoy your days everyone

NanKate Sun 04-Aug-19 07:58:37

BlueSapphire I have bought all my waterproof clothes from Mountain Warehouse, they often have sales and they have an online service. Most things are at a reasonable price.

NanKate Sun 04-Aug-19 07:55:05

Morning Mick and All.

You sound as if you had a good day Mick. Being a girl ? from the Midlands ‘A Boston good lunch’ takes me back 60 odd years to my gran’s or mum’s wonderful Sunday lunches.

It’s going to be in the low 20s today here in South Bucks, very pleasant. Maybe morning coffee out would be nice.

TwiceAsNice Sun 04-Aug-19 07:53:01

Morning everyone am drinking tea in bed with cat sat on my legs. It’s a bit cloudy here in Surrey with the sun coming through so hopefully a nice day a bit later. Off to church in a bit and it’s my turn to help serve coffee afterwards. Family home later after weekend away so will be glad to see them as it’s been a quiet couple of days on my own

BlueSapphire Sun 04-Aug-19 07:50:22

Good morning all; bright and sunny here in Northampton again.

Had a good day out shopping yesterday, but looked at the prices of new waterproofs (£100 in the sale!), and thought not at that price, I'll just make do with what I've got. If I was a dedicated walker and going on lots of walking holidays, then yes it would be an investment, but for a one-off trip to the Lakes, then no. However I did get a new bag, and some new towels because I liked them, neither of which I really needed! Had a nice lunch out and a glass of wine.

Will walk to the paper shop this morning, pay my bill, and cancel the papers while I'm away. Then hope to sit in the garden and read.

Have a good day everyone.

Brunette10 Sun 04-Aug-19 07:46:05

Good Morning to everyone. It's dull and not very nice here in Fife today, I believe we have a yellow weather warning so I'm hoping weather forecasters are wrong and it will pass. Have a busy day catching up with lots that I've not done this week so a day at home for me today. Hope Sunday is good to everyone.